Forums Off-topic

how do i make a guide without people posting on it and ruining it while i am still making it. (locked)

51 posts

Flag Post

I really need help i have tried like 5 times.

Flag Post

You do realize that you can make it and then post it.

Flag Post

yes, but i keep adding stuff then a person ruins it.

Flag Post

You post it on a different website?

Flag Post

yes, but i keep adding stuff then a person ruins it.

Well, I’m sorry, but it’s going to happen, and I really doubt it will ruin the guide, honestly.

Flag Post

You start by not making an obnoxious topic title just because your angry. And then you ask aC or another forum moderator or perhaps the individual in your thread via shouts to delete the post that are interfering. Or you make as many post as you need fast enough so that when people start posting in you thread that it wont matter, do it at an off peek hour like at night. This, what your doing, is not how you do it.

Flag Post

No, you just posted “reserved”. If you actually were posting the guide, they wouldn’t find it as important to ruin it. I don’t think you needed that many posts anyway. There isn’t a character limit. You should only need one.

Flag Post

I was going to paste all my stuff then, people started posting.

Flag Post

There isn’t a character limit. You should only need one.

There are several reasons to split a guide up across multiple posts it creates and artificial header since the formatting in this forum is poor and can help shorten the amount of text to scroll through when editing a post which is a real problem.

No one is going t be able to offer you any other way of stopping people from posting in your thread besides what I’ve already stated. Take what I said and do it.

Flag Post

I was going to paste all my stuff then, people started posting.

If you need to add things, just edit your original post.

EDIT: Ninja’d

Flag Post

thanks phatcat your the only one who understands

Flag Post

you don’t know the half of it check your whispers.

Flag Post

He’s made a few guides unlike the rest of us who just wanted use some verbs and nouns and then act like kings for it.

My apologies.

Flag Post

@phatcat, i don’t see anything new.

Flag Post

just wait…

He’s made a few guides unlike the rest of us who just wanted use some verbs and nouns and then act like kings for it.

verbs nouns? what?

Flag Post

he means posts

Flag Post

So, wait, you are complaining about people screwing up your PRETTY GUIDE just because you WANT IT TO LOOK GOOD when there is an OBVIOUS WORKAROUND and everyone knows that INFORMATION IS BETTER THEN FORM?

Flag Post

If that were true then there wouldn’t be a 70% increase in retention rate of information on pamphlets that have color (“Form”) now would it, and regardless of what you think it’s rude for anyone to blatantly do the exact opposite of what the OP asked. It’s called not being a a jerk which is a rule here on kongregate.

Flag Post

If that were true then there wouldn’t be a 70% increase in retention rate of information on pamphlets that have color now would it.

If that were true, the most popular game guide site would support images and colored text in their guides.

Flag Post

verbs nouns? what?

Well… in a way what, ppl104 said. I meant to say we were sticking our voices in just to, in a way, feel superior or important. This happens to commonly in forums on most websites.

Flag Post

carados, you were the person who kept on posting so your no help.

Flag Post

carados, you were the person who kept on posting so your no help.

A big accusation. Can you prove your claim?

PS: There is no “carados” in this thread. There is, however, a Carados. I would appreciate it if you capitalized my name. Thanks.

Flag Post

I deleted my topic, but you did it.

Flag Post

If that were true, the most popular game guide site would support images and colored text in their guides.

My point was form is important, regardless of how you want to pick apart the details.

Flag Post

I deleted my topics

So, you are saying you made claims without evidence? Sir, I must throw out this case.