Forums Off-topic

What things could cause Memory Loss? (locked)

58 posts

Flag Post

There are some things going on, and I can’t seem to remember anything…

It started with some AS2 programming, but that’s understandable… But when I looked at code I typed months ago, I don’t even remember or understand that anymore…

So I went for a ride.

Within minutes, I got lost in my own neighborhood… I tried to call for some help, but then I forgot everyone’s number. (phone is broken – can’t view # list, but can still call)

Once I did find my way back home, (about an hour) I almost forgot which house is mine. And then on the chat, People seemed to be shocked that I didn’t know who “greg” is… (is he important or something?)

But anyway, What could cause such an acute memory loss such as this?
As far as I can remember (which doesn’t hold much credibility anymore) I didn’t have any head injuries or anything…

Flag Post

I think a better thing to do would be to ask a doctor instead of asking here.

You should probably take it easy for a while, make sure you don’t go around alone, and let someone know where you are if you have to go alone.

I’m obviously not an expert, but memory loss can be caused by things a while in the past as well as going on now… maybe you hit your head and didn’t remember, maybe a traumatic experience… it could be anything. What is certain is that you need to get checked out by someone who knows what they’re doing.

Flag Post

I don’t know who I would talk to about this…

The first thing I remember forgetting (Paradox?) is the programming… But I doubt that couldn’t be the cause…

and besides… There is nobody here, besides my dog.

Flag Post

If you have a local doctor, you should try there first. If not, then the nearest hospital will do just as well. If you don’t live with anyone else in your house, an idea might be to ask someone if you can move in for a while. I’m sure they’d understand if your condition is serious.

Flag Post

I can’t find a hospitol… I even googled it like people in chat said to do.

And I think someone else lives here too. (some stuff I’d never own, I think.)

I’ll just wait.

Flag Post

can you still breath?

Flag Post

That’s obvious… How would I be alive now?

Flag Post

well then your fine. (sorry i couldn’t resist.) Can you remember like your friends?

Flag Post

I know one is named Dant… something… and Aryn.

How would that help?

Flag Post

are you doing a billyfred (which means you pretend to have something bad happen when it didn’t)?

Flag Post

sorry if im tottaly wrong but this seems kind of i dont know how to put it.. fake!!

Flag Post

You mean like acting?

I don’t think I can act…

Flag Post

The “old Zach” is far too serious to do that sort of thing. Even in off-topic. Which, while it would make things funnier if he was “faking it” (particularly after the setup in “more serious” boards), means we’ve pretty much gotta take him at face value.

By the way Zach, I hope you still remember that money you owe me.

Flag Post

yea i wasnt shore lol.. just the whole greg thing he is probably more know than jim greer on this website. this is weird i will find some info for you

http://health.yahoo.com/alzheimers-overview/confusion-memory-loss-and-altered-alertness/healthwise—confu.html

i found that site im not shore if it will be much help though. have you had any accidents latley you can remember like head injuries?

Flag Post

Zach, I left you a whisper.

Flag Post

How much I owe you? I only have some coins in my pocket…

So, greg is important?

Flag Post

he runs the community kind of thing. he is incharge or creating badges ECT.

Flag Post

Um, maybe you could use a phone book?

Flag Post

So you don’t remember bank account numbers or anything?

Shit, this is teh seriousness.

Do you remember what city you live in?

Flag Post

My account thing says Cincinnati… I’ll google that.

Flag Post

Probably not. I would hope someone comes back soon. I hope the computer is still on… You should probably lie down and wait for someone to come back and help you.

Flag Post

I found this map site.

I’m gonna go out to see my address and put it in.

Holy crap… I can see my house on this site…

Flag Post

How did you manage to remember your username and password on Kongregate?

Anyway, greg is the community manager on Kongregate. Greg is the guy that makes badges and cards on Kongregate. He also appoints mods, and he deals with a lot of community issues on the site.

Flag Post

Don’t get lost on your way outside.

@Ketchup: There’s a little thing called the “Remember Me” checkbox.

Flag Post

@Ketchup: There’s a little thing called the “Remember Me” checkbox.

I know about that, but I didn’t know if Zach used it.