Forums Off-topic

Breaking bridge collapse! (locked)

71 posts

Flag Post

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Bridge_Collapse_In_Downtown_Minneapolis

Flag Post

Thats not good. Death toll at 7 but it will probably grow.

Flag Post

Holy crap – that sucks. My question though: who on earth was taping the bridge at that time? Maybe I’m just a conspiracy theorist, but that smells of foul play to me (there’s a video of actual collapse on the news site), especially since the bridge had been regularly inspected.

EDIT: As explained below, it was a security camera. Oh well…

Flag Post
  • It’s very tragic; my condolences go to all that were hurt by this tragedy.

Flag Post

Phoenix you have got to understand… no matter what major disaster will happen there will ALWAYS be somone taping it. ALWAYS.

Flag Post

Perhaps you’re right. Crazy how that works though, eh? Yes, condolences to those who lost someone, but more immediately, good luck and God speed to those who are still stuck/missing.

Flag Post

Anybody feel like giving me a link to the collapse video?

Flag Post

Well, it’s fairly disturbing to watch, but a security camera apparently got it on tape (guess that makes more sense than some sort of conspiracy, eh?). A very somber site indeed – remember, when you watch this, you are watching people fall to their deaths. I don’t want to make a spectacle out of it, so please watch with appropriate respect. It was on the page that the Digg article linked to. However, I did locate the same video here. My heart goes out to those who were lost.

I must say though, I love living in a country where this, or even Virginia Tech a few months ago, becomes a national tragedy. In the middle east 20 – 30 people are killed by a bombing (it seems) nearly every day. Just really reminds me that, as much complaining as I do about the American governement, we (and many other first-world countries) really are very lucky.

Flag Post

the deaht toll went down..

Flag Post

Yeah, I think official is down to 5, which is great. However, there are still 8 missing last I heard (and 79 wounded), and I have to think survival chances at this point are low, so I hesitate to make any assumptions about a final count.

Flag Post

the wierd thing is i was just reading about a bridge collapsing in my #6 harry potter book

Flag Post

AAAGH! Car monster!

Flag Post

thats not funny.

Flag Post

I beg to differ

Flag Post

i find it highly distasteful and disrespectful to the victims of that tragic accident.

Flag Post

That picture is legend, well done Crushproof.! :)

OM NOM NOM NOM

Flag Post

I didn’t make it, robbed it off ED.

Flag Post

it’s kinda funny, but I am sure you guys didn’t make such a big deal for other tragedys and I think some of you are just saying “i am sorry for all who have been lost” a million times to make other people think you care very deeply. I think most of the time peoples emotions are phony. just my two cents. I am entitled to an opinion right?

Flag Post

i think this is the same bridge

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/30432/

Flag Post

@Henry

No I don’t get as emotional as I for other tragedies, but when one happens literally 25 minutes away frm my house yea I’m gonna get emotional.

“i am sorry for all who have been lost” a million times to make other people think you care very deeply. I think most of the time peoples emotions are phony. just my two cents. I am entitled to an opinion right?”

and since I’m the only one that expressed concern over crushes distasteful picture you must be “indirectly talking to me” NO my emotions are not phony, and no I am not trying to make people think I care deeply I shouldn’t have to prove anything to anyone. Yes you are entitled to an opinion, and so am I your An ass for say something so asinine.

I don’t need your BS and I don’t appreciate you suggesting my emotions aren’t legitimate. So please shut-up and think about how what your saying may come off wrong.

EDIT: And Another thing Even if I didn’t make such big deal for other tragedies, Why the hell does that matter! Should that discredit the validity of the argument against crushproof picture that makes fun of the victims of the 35W collapse

NO. There is such thing as time frame between incidents where you shouldn’t make fun of tragedies eventually the tension of the tragedy will where off and comedy is a goo sedative to relieve pain, but ffs that was just awful. I am so unbelievably pissed at your comment henry.

Flag Post

I was not talking indirectly towards you, sorry for any inconveinance.

Flag Post

I did not have much time to write that last thing so now I will elaborate. I am not talking indirectly towards you, you are an exception you were close by, I am just saying that many people before in other times have said I feel bad and such and don’t really mean it, I am not being passive aggressive towards you. People wanna say that they are sorry, but truly they don’t even believe what they are saying. I guess this is why I am cynical and black hearted. I also pose a question, Why care so much about 4 people dead and not care so much for 33 or so people dead in virginia tech? Why the discrimination of emotions, do those people not deserve mourning but the people on the bridege do? Before you amke a pompus statement think about it. before you say anything, i did think about what I said.

Flag Post

Wow, you people are sick. Funny or not, that doesn’t make it okay to display or laugh at – especially this soon. You are making fun of a picture of people dying. People who were alive a week ago. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And Henry, you are entitled to an opinion, but sometimes it is better to let people think you’re an ass rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. If you claim to have “thought about what you said” I have serious concerns about your mental capacities. Who the hell said they didn’t care about Virginia Tech? We are fortunate to live in a society where these kind of tragedies occur infrequently enough that we actually can pause and think about them, and perhaps say a short prayer for those lost, or whatever it is that we care to do. And don’t try to claim you didn’t direct the comments at us.

“but I am sure you guys didn’t make such a big deal for other tragedys and I think some of you are just saying “i am sorry for all who have been lost” a million times to make other people think you care very deeply.”

That is obviously not a general statement about people before or in other situations. That is a direct statement towards the people in this thread. Sadly, this thread should probably be locked before it gets worse, but you guys really should take a second to consider the loss before mocking it. I dare say you’d be reacting different if that was your mother in that car.

Flag Post

old quote my friend, i am not an ass, and there is no reson to be ashamed me in my human form. If something is meant to be funny and it is, is it? do you laugh? I don’t let emotions cloud my judgement, therefore I can operate at maximum efficiency. I strive for, accuracy, efficiency, and knowledge.

Flag Post

I CAN NOT BE BOTHERED READING THE LONG POSTS.

Funny picture! XD