Forums Off-topic

Anime Addicts Anonymous (AAA) page 202

7584 posts

Flag Post

Is there anyone here that has seen Ookami-san?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TwistedCakez:

God Dangit, why does almost every episode of SAO end in a cliff-hanger..

Originally posted by ShadowLeech:

Any other Code Geass fans out there? That anime was frickin’ AWESOME!!!! Oh yeah, and you can find english dubbed ones too. I can give y’all a link to the english version if ya want it. Just PM me lol! :D

Never heard it. What’s it about?

Here’s a trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5tgCgskXys&feature=colike

You can watch all of season 1 in English here—>>> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4F052E545F5BC5B2&feature=plcp PM me and tell me watcha think. If ya want the second season, you can probably find it somewhere or get it from me lol!

Oh, and you can always go on thepiratebay.se They have alot of stuff.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

I’ll just post a list of my favorite anime. Although it is biased, I’ll mostly provide ones that should appeal to a large demographic.

Angel Beats!
Hyouka
K-On!
Clannad
Haruhi Suzumiya
Nichijou

Large demographic? Are you kidding me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

I think he was sarcastic.
Or at least hope so…

Flag Post

Hello gentlemen,
I would be very grateful if someone showed me an anime in the style of Code gueass or Death note, i love the strategy theme and a great plot to complement the awesomeness

Flag Post

Explain.

Also, is Puella Magi Madoka Magica good? I have been hearing people talking about it like cancer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SandWolf96:

Is there anyone here that has seen Ookami-san?

so moe. yes. yes I have.

Originally posted by CowFriend:

Explain.

Also, is Puella Magi Madoka Magica good? I have been hearing people talking about it like cancer.

watch to episode 3 no matter what, then you can stop there if you want or continue. you be the judge.

Flag Post

Is it worth watching further? Because the narrator voice is annoying me.

Flag Post

i wus waching this anime on nickelodoen and it was realy wierd

is most animes like that?

i think it wus called boku no korra de legend

Flag Post

Can someone give me some quick info on Sword Art Online. Someone keeps requesting me to upload it to YouTube.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Fact: Most people think anime for children because it’s “animated”

but actually It’s kind of like this

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cdr_CROWface:

Anime sucks.

All anime is the same.

Also its all cliche and therefor bad.

Originally posted by Mansmany:

Oh God… I teared up at that part

Flag Post

Anime isn’t for kids, it’s for psychopathic loners like me! You wouldn’t understand because you never killed someone!

Flag Post

Well, Sword Art Online it is

Flag Post

I just got through the “Endless Eight” episodes of Haruhi. I watched the first two, then skimmed through the rest to see where changes were made. Those episodes got me past the 20 day mark on my list, which happens to be exactly half the time I spent on TF2 (960 hours)

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

I just got through the “Endless Eight” episodes of Haruhi. I watched the first two, then skimmed through the rest to see where changes were made. Those episodes got me past the 20 day mark on my list, which happens to be exactly half the time I spent on TF2 (960 hours)

I thought you’ve seen more than 100.

Flag Post

I’ve only been watching anime seriously for nearly a year now, and I took a hiatus for most of the summer. 100 days would be insane.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

I’ve only been watching anime seriously for nearly a year now, and I took a hiatus for most of the summer. 100 days would be insane.

100 anime I meant

Flag Post

Explain.

Contrary to what you think, slife-of-life has a small following, at least outside of Japan. If you walk up to someone that watches anime but doesn’t indulge in it and tell them to watch slice-of-life, they will look at you like you have mental issues for “liking that crap”.

You can say those shows are appealing to those in said demographic, but you can’t say slife-of-life is a large demographic itself (you implied that with the way you stated your statement and the genre of shows you listed).

Flag Post

Demographic is a relative term. It’s not based on the number itself, but what it’s like compared to others.

You could say that One Piece has a large following, but does that prove anything except that it grew over a decade? I said “appeal to a large demographic”, so it’s based on people who watched it and liked it. You see many One Piece fans, but you also hear people despise One Piece. I’m basing this on view:like ratio, not just a single variable. Anime like Clannad has a way better reputation than most anime, so does many shows I mentioned.

If I randomly choose 100 people to watch K-On, Another, and Full Metal Panic, I bet you that K-On will have the highest percentage of likes.

If you walk up to someone that watches anime but doesn’t indulge in it and tell them to watch slice-of-life, they will look at you like you have mental issues for “liking that crap”.

That’s because he doesn’t even watch SoL. If you choose anyone that never watched anything and has negative stereotype towards it, of course he’s gonna despise it. I used to think SoL is crude compared to other genres before I even watched it, but that totally changed after I watched a single anime of that genre.

Flag Post

You are using the term demographic wrong. A demographic is a part of an entire population with a common theme. It is entirely based on the number itself. “Appeal to a large demographic” means the demographic itself (the number of people who watch slice-of-life) is large and it appeals to that group. The demographic is not large.