Forums Off-topic

Anime Addicts Anonymous (AAA) page 206

7375 posts

Flag Post

Wow coold MrSalvador.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

How can it be anonymous if Kong has Usernames?
Idiot…

Flag Post

Haruhi Suzumiya Dub is annoying as hell. Why do they have such bad voice actors?

Watching subbed now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSalvador:

Haruhi Suzumiya Dub is annoying as hell. Why do they have such bad voice actors?

Watching subbed now.

You should watch every anime in sub if you want the best experience. Dub is just terrible (even “the best” dub is still pretty bad in my book).

Flag Post

You should watch every anime in sub if you want the best experience. Dub is just terrible (even “the best” dub is still pretty bad in my book).

I will if it’s easy, but I’ve been watching them off Netflix/Torrents, and subs can be a pain to get (I had to download separate subtitle files and encode them when I converted the .MKV files to .VOB, so yeah, it was a pain in the ass, but a learning experience nonetheless.)

There are lots of bad dubs, but some of them are passable.

Flag Post

Why don’t you just watch online streams? I have never needed to downloaded an anime just to watch it.

If you want to watch Haruhi sub, just use Crunchyroll.

Edit: Link to S1E1 Haruhi

Might want to turn on your AdBlock if you have it.

Flag Post

Why don’t you just watch online streams?

I like the comfort of my couch, and the sizable TV in front of it. Streams are finicky, too.

Flag Post

Oh, okay. I guess that can bother some people.

But if you have a cable that can connect your computer to a TV (something like HTMI), you won’t have to go through all that steps of downloading and finding subs. And Crunchyroll has arguably one of the best subs and actually translate thoroughly (actually translate to “idiot” instead of leaving it as “baka”, etc).

Get ninja’d, son.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSalvador:

Why don’t you just watch online streams?

I like the comfort of my couch, and the sizable TV in front of it. Streams are finicky, too.

Crunchyroll’s streams are quite amazing since they are dedicated and are not mirrored through 20 different places. Crunchyroll should be an available service if you own a PS3 if I recall correctly. If you have a laptop you can also plug your TV into it assuming you purchased one with an HDMI port. Same goes for your desktop if it is close to your TV.

And Crunchyroll has arguably one of the best subs and actually translate thoroughly (actually translate to “idiot” instead of leaving it as “baka”, etc).

I’ve never seen a sub leave it as “baka”. I have seen some pretty horrible subs though. Crunchyroll’s subs are actually accurate and don’t suffer from localization (assuming the show isn’t provided by Funimation).

Flag Post

When I get the chance to watch another anime, what should I?

I looked up stuff involving Haruhi and I’m wondering what is the first season/part of series. (The prequel to it all)

And, is it worth watching?

Flag Post

I always torrent my anime, mostly for high-res and surround sound, which my computer can handle. I like to avoid 480p if possible, though I really notice streams relatively low audio quality because I have great speakers. I have never once had a problem where subs were not included, or any really low quality subs. I only remember one series having subs that were kinda bad, but I can’t remember which one. I made a post about it somewhere.

Originally posted by Indy111:

When I get the chance to watch another anime, what should I?

I looked up stuff involving Haruhi and I’m wondering what is the first season/part of series. (The prequel to it all)

And, is it worth watching?

This is the proper order for Haruhi:

01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 01*, 08, 09, 10, 02*, 03*, 04*, 05*, 06*, 07*, 08*, 09*, 10*, 11*, 12*, 13*, 14*, 11, 12, 13, 14
* = Season 2

After all of that is the movie. You can skip most of the endless 8 episodes. Others you might want to consider are Bakemonogatari, Toradara!, Katanagatari, Nodame Cantabile, AnoHana, and Usagi Drop. All but that last two are romances. Based on your tastes, Bakemonogatari would likely be your favorite.

Edit: Watch The Tatami Mat Galaxy, if you want something more artsy. It offers a bit of a different look into the romance genre. Of what I’ve listed, it is the only one I gave a 10.

Flag Post

I don’t understand, after episode 7 I should go to first episode of season one then back to episode 8 of first season?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:

I don’t understand, after episode 7 I should go to first episode of season one then back to episode 8 of first season?

Yup. This actually puts the series in chronological order, as S2 episodes add arcs between S1 episodes rather than continue the story after the end of S1. I have also edited various parts of my previous post.

Flag Post

Can someone explain to me in SAO why Asuna is sleeping naked while Kirito sit right next to her?

inb4hedoesn’tknowwhatsexislol

it’s not that, but because I’m pretty certain it’s implied she doesn’t sleep with Kirito. (They’re like 16 and it’s a virtual reality not to mention she punches him in the previous scene.)

Flag Post

Can someone explain to me in SAO why Asuna is sleeping naked while Kirito?

Because fan service is strong in Japan.

Flag Post

Someone shred some light on me and give me something worth watching?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MelbourneBoy:

What are you looking for, genre-wise?

Also, I had very different expectations for Haruhi. All of my wats have spilled on the floor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MelbourneBoy:

I don’t know what you have already watched, so here are some less common ones:
Haibane Renmei: Pretty slow-paced, but the end is worth it.
Eve no Jikan: Good and short sci-fi
Honey and Clover: Surprisingly fresh rom-com/drama/SoL combination.
Paprika: A very good and surreal movie
Kara no Kyoukai movie series: Watch if you like TYPE-MOON’s works.
Katanagatari: Excellent dialogue and very stylized art. Very Unique.
Usagi Drop: A series that balances fun and drama very well. Rin is the most adorable character ever, and I don’t say things like that lightly.
Tatami Mat Galaxy: Lighthearted phsychological, with unique art.

Flag Post

Can someone explain to me in SAO why Asuna is sleeping naked while Kirito sit right next to her?

Looks like someone didn’t read the visual novel.
All I can mention to you without giving major spoilers is;
Two years worth of storage
An eventual child
“Glopping Sound”

Flag Post

I can’t get this song out of my head.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

I always torrent my anime, mostly for high-res and surround sound, which my computer can handle. I like to avoid 480p if possible, though I really notice streams relatively low audio quality because I have great speakers. I have never once had a problem where subs were not included, or any really low quality subs. I only remember one series having subs that were kinda bad, but I can’t remember which one. I made a post about it somewhere.

Crunchyroll is legal, so you’re guaranteed not to accidentally download some spyware to your computer. When you think about it, when adblock is turned off you’re actually supporting the people behind it for free.

Flag Post

So I watched the first episode of Haruhi (Just shortening it) It seems interesting and I like the idea, so I’m going to watch through it :D I’m also just watching it in the order they made it, and instead of watching season 2 I plan on watching the movie.