Forums Off-topic

Anime Addicts Anonymous (AAA) page 222

7727 posts

Flag Post

Oh man, Just discovered and bought “Barefoot Gen.”

Based on true accounts of life during, and soon after the drop of the first and only two atomic bombs used as weapons of war. Amazing. Everyone interested in World history and Japanese culture should see it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YukkuriRemi:

I know I’m late again, but I just finished Angel Beats! and I’m covered in feelings
;~;

I liked all the songs from Angel Beats!, even the openings and endings, but that song is goddamn brilliant.

Also brilliant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YukkuriRemi:

I know I’m late again, but I just finished Angel Beats! and I’m covered in feelings
;~;

Im watching Kimi Ni Todoke right now. I am also covered in feelings.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jozie011:

Uh, like, I want to start getting into anime properly. I’ve watched Deathnote (fucking amazing), dragonball z, pokemon, neon genesis and welcome to the NHK and they’re all good and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me to watch? Thanks.

Try baccano (dubbed)

Flag Post

Finished Sakamichi no Apollon. Near beginning, the characters seemed a bit over dramatic, but overall it turned out to be a great coming-of-age story. The atmosphere had a certain charm to it. The music and art were great too.

Flag Post

Baccano! means Monster!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Timothynot:

Baccano! means Monster!

ikr

Flag Post

Baccano! means Monster!

It also means cool in Dominican slang

Flag Post

best anime desu~~

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTehLoner:

best anime desu~~

Flag Post

Wanting to live in Japan for their anime is horrible. Wanting to live there for their culture is a legitimate reason.

That being said, mature anime is fundamentally better than the “mature” cartoons America puts out.

Flag Post

Lol why are you getting so defensive on me bro

Flag Post

Cartoons are meant for children silly boy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

Lol why are you getting so defensive on me bro

Did that come off as defensive? I was just responding to the comic. People also tend to misunderstand people who wish to live in Japan and think it is only because of anime. While it is true that some people are stupid in that regard and do think the same way the comic portrays, a larger percentage want to live there for other reasons.

Cartoons are meant for children silly boy.

Hentai is meant for children? Interesting insight.

Flag Post

Alright dude. Lol. I’ve lived in Japan, I don’t need other people telling me there are other reasons for wanting to go there.

Flag Post

Watching Clannad After Story over and over again, and I just can’t stop crying over the fact that it is really a sad story :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by MelbourneBoy:

Watching Clannad After Story over and over again, and I just can’t stop crying over the fact that it is really a sad story :(

Was my favorite for a while and is still in my top 3.

Flag Post

Franken Fran is best manga

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:

It is my favourite right now ;~;

Flag Post

SAO isn’t even that good. I think its overrated. Only the animation and sound are good.

Flag Post

Chuunibyou made me cry at the end ;-;

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mansmany:

Chuunibyou made me cry at the end ;-;

me too. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:

It is my favourite right now ;~;

It is still my favorite as well.

Flag Post

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! is getting adapted into an anime
YESSSSH
Edit: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/20/unsettling-geek-comedy-manga-its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular-to-be-adapted-into-anime

Flag Post
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! is getting adapted into an anime
YESSSSH
Edit: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/20/unsettling-geek-comedy-manga-its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular-to-be-adapted-into-anime

It only has 3 volumes/32 chapters, so an anime is too early. Unless the mangakas start making chapters much faster, or the episodes are gonna be really short…