Forums Off-topic

Anime Addicts Anonymous (AAA) page 224

7588 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

I feel sad it’s over T_T

I’m happy it’s over. That means I can start watching it.

lololol, i got all episodes on an external hard drive in hd. jealous?

Flag Post

^

After I finish watching Space Brothers, though.

I still don’t get why people have to download anime to watch them. Is there really such a big difference between watching the convenient online stream and the slightly higher quality counterpart? Doesn’t it take quite a bit of time to download all two seasons?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

^

After I finish watching Space Brothers, though.

I still don’t get why people have to download anime to watch them. Is there really such a big difference between watching the convenient online stream and the slightly higher quality counterpart? Doesn’t it take quite a bit of time to download all two seasons?

actually it’s much more worth it. it only takes a few minutes depending on how popular the anime is and which website it’s from.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mansmany:

I feel sad it’s over T_T

Crunchyroll has them in HD too.

I still don’t get why people have to download anime to watch them. Is there really such a big difference between watching the convenient online stream and the slightly higher quality counterpart? Doesn’t it take quite a bit of time to download all two seasons?I still don’t get why people have to download anime to watch them. Is there really such a big difference between watching the convenient online stream and the slightly higher quality counterpart? Doesn’t it take quite a bit of time to download all two seasons?

There is a difference, at least from 360p to 720p or 1080p. It drastically improves the quality of action shows where fast scenes tend to be blocky in low resolution. I don’t see a reason to download them (and keep them when you finish) myself if it isn’t a show you plan on rewatching, but I definitely argue in favor of higher resolution videos. If you have to download them to get the higher resolution, so be it.

Flag Post

Crunchyroll has them in HD too.

But free members only get I think 480p and I need to watch my anime in its 1080p glory.
Torrents save my life.

I feel sad it’s over T_T

I nearly cried (maybe I’m just a faggot) when they we’re back together in the real world. I hate that “now what?” feeling when I finish an anime. :(

Flag Post

But free members only get I think 480p and I need to watch my anime in its 1080p glory.
Torrents save my life.

Crunchyroll 480p is the equivalent of the standard 720p. Since their videos aren’t constantly compressed and mirrored and are received directly from the source they maintain a superior level of quality.

Flag Post

Torrents save my life.

Crunchyroll 480p is the equivalent of the standard 720p. Since their videos aren’t constantly compressed and mirrored and are received directly from the source they maintain a superior level of quality.

meh, I checked. It’s pretty good for online, but downloading is better.

Flag Post

I prefer to download personally, I like to make GIFs sometimes.

Flag Post

Crunchyroll 480p is the equivalent of the standard 720p.

So yes, that’s why I don’t see the point of downloading them if you already gets a quality that good online. Maybe it’s just me, but there are still quite a large amount of series I want to watch on CR, so I’m probably free from having to download any (even though I might just watch non-CR shows on another stream).

Flag Post

I like to download not only for better video quality, but better audio quality as well. Fortune has landed me with a nice set of speakers and surround sound, and I will use it to it’s fullest extent. Audio streams tend to be 128 kb/s, at best. Most might not notice the difference, but I do. If I download I can get 320 kb/s audio, or even lossless compression, and surround sound. It takes almost no extra time, as utorrent allows streaming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

I like to download not only for better video quality, but better audio quality as well. Fortune has landed me with a nice set of speakers and surround sound, and I will use it to it’s fullest extent. Audio streams tend to be 128 kb/s, at best. Most might not notice the difference, but I do. If I download I can get 320 kb/s, or even lossless compression, and surround sound. It takes almost no extra time, as utorrent allows streaming.

>utorrent

try vuze.

Flag Post

try vuze.

I did once. I never will again. It is too bloated, and uses too much RAM and processor space. Has hundreds of “features” that no one would ever use. It has so much useless crap weighing it down, it actually downloaded torrents more slowly.

Edit: 320 kb/s referred to audio quality, not download speeds. I download at 2 mb/s.

Flag Post

Glad I’m not the only audio nerd here. 320 or V0 for VBR superiority

Flag Post

I guess it depends on taste then. Audio quality honestly doesn’t matter with the type of shows I watch and I am happy with the quality CR provides (I did buy a year’s subscription when it was 50% off). When the time comes when I watch what I can on Crunchyroll, I may look for download alternatives since it really is hard to go back to 360p after seeing 1080p. That being said, I will not keep the videos after I download them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JayZeeM50one:

Did you make that SAO GIF earlier in this thread?

Flag Post
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:

Yeah. Not my best though.
EDIT: I make them for Tumblr, so the files have to be under 1MB. It can get pretty tricky at times.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:

Yeah. Not my best though.
EDIT: I make them for Tumblr, so the files have to be under 1MB. It can get pretty tricky at times.

Wow, that was really nice.

Flag Post

Looking for lolicon, can my weabros hook me up w some o that shit? really want more non-con stuff, tbh but all is gud.

Flag Post

is this a thread about touhou

Flag Post

yes, yes it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by denamo:

is this a thread about touhou

Referenced twice in the new Hayate series =D

Flag Post

Merry Christmas everbody!

Flag Post

Any anime (Not shitty) Christmas specials out there for me and my buds to watch?

Flag Post
Originally posted by listle6:

Any anime (Not shitty) Christmas specials out there for me and my buds to watch?

SAO episode 3

Flag Post

The Gintama Christmas episode.