Forums Off-topic

Anime Addicts Anonymous (AAA) page 226

7721 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Wow, takes four hours to download SAO. It better be worth it.

http://kat.ph/usearch/sword%20art%20online%20-/

find ones with lots of seeds.

Flag Post

Main character: Sleeps with another girl three episodes into the show.

Not sure how I like the pacing.

Flag Post

welll it’s not like he has sex with her.

Flag Post

Yeah the beginning first episodes move really fast, it slows up a lot though.

Flag Post

started kannagi. Heroine is flat-chested and a bit moe. Gueheheehehehe

FINISHED MEDAKA BOX ABNORMAL. Considerable better than season 1. More of a plot. The last episdoe sets up for season 3 so I hope I’m not disappointed.

Flag Post

Wow, takes four hours to download SAO. It better be worth it.

You can prioritize episodes. If your using utorrent, select the torrent, open the lower files tab, then right click on the episode you wish to prioritize. Then select Priority>High. Based on the speed you game us, an episode would take only ten minutes. Prioritize the next episode before you watch the first one, and you should be set.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:
Originally posted by Indy111:
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:
Originally posted by Indy111:

Been a while! School and stuff, but I started D. Gray Man. I like it so far :D ~4 episodes in.

Dubbed?

Of course, the best kind. I wouldn’t be Indy if I didn’t watch them dubbed :3

lol allen sounds like a huge wimp or a gay in dubs

Right now at least, I think it suits him well. He is dubbed by the same person who dubbed the protagonist in R+V, so I relate.
Speaking of which, I came back from some shopping and looked at the Manga section, I saw the anime to a lot of them but I decided to read the first book to some stuff. Interesting things!

Flag Post

SAO Spoiler – hover over me

Flag Post

FUUUU kannagi got some romance at the end and needs a season 2. Too bad it’s been four years and nothing’s happened. anyways… I decided to order the manga since it’s still publishing.

Flag Post

guys pls stop bumping dis thread

Flag Post

I have no clue how to rate SAO. It was really good but absolutely flawed in so many ways.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

I have no clue how to rate SAO. It was really good but absolutely flawed in so many ways.

I gave it an 9 since it gave me something to look forward to every week.

Flag Post

I just realized D. Gray Man has 103 episodes O_o

Flag Post

I got bored of anime months ago then started getting hooked on manga instead, but I’d like to try getting back into anime. So if anyone can get me a fast-paced anime (does not need to be action. Something like Oreimo or FLCL is cool too) with minimal looping/reusing of frames that is not more than 26 episodes long I’m up for recommendations.
My list so you do not give me something I’ve seen.

And please, no shounen-action or SAO.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mansmany:
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

I gave it an 9 since it gave me something to look forward to every week.

I gave it a 9 as well, simply because it had an excellent entertainment level. My ratings are pretty strict though so I feel like that is being generous. I don’t feel like there was anything really bad with the show. Every problem I had with it stemmed from a lack of time. Character progression and a bunch of fighting occurred during time lapses between scenes. So many important or entertaining things were skipped. 26 episodes is the perfect length to make a series that isn’t drawn out but still gives time for development. I feel like with the way the show was structured, hover for spoiler. Everything felt so rushed.

Flag Post

Vegard, wtf? You haven’t watch Clannad yet?

Flag Post

spoiler

fair point

also: how to do spoiler thing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mansmany:

spoiler

fair point

also: how to do spoiler thing?

Go to this: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/108408
OP explains it well. You can use different images too, of course.
Or, to simply do it in text go to this: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/232122

Flag Post

<strong title="text to appear in box">Text to appear to everyone></strong>

You can replace “strong” with “p”, “span”, or any “h#” tag. “Strong” just makes it bold.

<strong title="SPOILERS EVERYWHERE">This is a spoiler</strong>
<span title="SPOILERS EVERYWHERE">This is also a spoiler</span>

This is a spoiler
This is also a spoiler

Flag Post

Vegard, wtf? You haven’t watch Clannad yet?

or Angel Beats….
try Haibane Renmei

Flag Post

You can’t call yourself a true anime fan without watching at least the first three episodes of Clannad, regardless of whether you drop it or not.

Flag Post

There are a lot of animes I’ve not seen yet… I only have 146 completed (counting some second seasons and a few specials).

Also, not planning to watch/play Clannad, it looks too school romance to me

Love stories can be cool, but school romances are to me pretty boring.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vegard20:

I got bored of anime months ago then started getting hooked on manga instead, but I’d like to try getting back into anime. So if anyone can get me a fast-paced anime (does not need to be action. Something like Oreimo or FLCL is cool too) with minimal looping/reusing of frames that is not more than 26 episodes long I’m up for recommendations.
My list so you do not give me something I’ve seen.

And please, no shounen-action or SAO.

Based on your “to watch” section, I’d go with Steins;Gate, Mushishi, Durarara!!, or Usagi Drop.

Love stories can be cool, but school romances are to me pretty boring.

The first part may be school romance, but the after story is not. The after story… I can’t even find words for it. You won’t be disappointed.

Flag Post
Love stories can be cool, but romances are to me pretty boring.

The first part may be school romance, but the after story is not. The after story… I can’t even find words for it. You won’t be disappointed.

This. The first part was really full of romance, but it is during this time that the characters become extraordinarily well defined. The first season is the part where they try to get you to actually feel and know the characters, but unlike other shows Clannad actually succeeds in doing so. The second season is just torture for your feelings. Clannad was the show that made me start crying man tears during well-written romance sections.

If you don’t like romance, that is fine. You are doing a huge injustice to yourself if you don’t watch the first 3 episodes and judge from that. The first season is more of what you see in the first 3 episodes. The second season cannot be described with words. Key’s script writing in this series is phenomenal and by far the best script in any show I have seen so far.

Flag Post

I’d still have to see the first Clannad, right?
Or do they have some summarizing special/OVA of some sort that shows the anime in one or two episodes like some other animes does?

I don’t think I’d be able to stomach those 23 episodes to start on The After Story.

If you don’t like romance, that is fine. You are doing a huge injustice to yourself if you don’t watch the first 3 episodes and judge from that. The first season is more of what you see in the first 3 episodes. The second season cannot be described with words. Key’s script writing in this series is phenomenal and by far the best script in any show I have seen so far.

I could try, though I’m having doubt I’d like it. I do not dislike romances, just like it more as a side-theme.