Forums Off-topic

The Battle for New Haven, An Amorphous+ Story page 3

74 posts

Flag Post

(If you can’t tell, I’m making this up as I go along)

Flag Post

I would think the queen would remain in the nest. She produces the gloopes.

Also, how do they get over seas? You said they started in America. The rest of the globe would remain uninfected.

Don’t try saying they can breath underwater or they don’t breath.

Flag Post

They got over seas on ships. Queens are intelligent enough to use boats. Plus, Humans most likely transported some Glooples (Including Queens) over seas, hoping they to be used as weapons. Unfortunately, it became quickly apparent they could not be controlled, thus resulting in multiple queens of multiple contents.

Flag Post

Not Britian, we would have shut down our borders (like Madcasgar), plus put up a blockade around us, searching any ships which wanted to pass. Certianly we would have a problem off food though.

Flag Post

Yes, but once the Gloople numbers swelled, they could have easily launched a large attack on any remaining countries.

Flag Post

Gloopes don’t attack people, they are peaceful.

Flag Post

well no matter what we know they aren’t getting into madagascar. ;)

But in all seriousness I think that some readers have brought up some good points and it sounds like maybe TGG you’ll have to flesh out the background a little bit more. although you tried to set the story in a time further along in the glooples “invasion” it wasn’t abundantly clear how much it had affected technology and civilization. I’m sure a rewrite will be in the future but all stories have to start somewhere. I still think this is a good start and I hope you dont get too discouraged with the constructive criticism.

Flag Post

Perhaps for the when I release the second part I’ll revise the background from the first one.

Flag Post

Also, thanks for all the criticism. If I want this, and any other of my stories, to be any good, this is exactly what I need. Thanks :)

Flag Post

Is part 2 done yet?

Flag Post

Nope, tomorrow.

Flag Post

Yep, lazy and such.

Flag Post

What have you being doing all this time?

Flag Post

Nothing. At all.

Flag Post

Part 2:
http://diggmark1.blogspot.com/2008/08/battle-for-new-haven-amorphous-story_11.html

Flag Post

Yeh, at last!

Flag Post

The spike is strong enough to pierce steal. When their spike is retracted, they are nearly impossible to kill. When they soften their membrane to use their spike is the only opportunity to attack.

Flag Post

Yeah, I wrote this in like an hour. Once I get around to it I’m going to revise part 1-2 and re-release them.

Flag Post

An hour! What the hell, you said you were doing it yesterday.

It’s okay I suppose. I’m surpised that 10 people would survive, long enoug to even get near the nest. Was tehre any prpose in the glooples attack on your village?

Flag Post

I was kinda working on it yesterday, although I got maybe 3 words down

Also, maybe Glooples are bloodthirsty monsters.

Flag Post

Sure. And you ahd them doing tasks. How did they manage that. I think the Queen would have a guard as well.

Flag Post

Yeah…Like I said, I’m going to revise it when I feel like it…I mean…soon and get some more content in there.

Flag Post

Tell me when.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’ll post it here. Sometime in the next week if I don’t get distracted.