Forums Off-topic

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Moderating - An Example of a Well-Known Moderator (Fan-Fiction)

20 posts

Flag Post

This is a blog but unlike the many blogs that serve as guides to badges and cards, this is Kongregate Fan-Fiction.

But why should you read some 14 year old kid’s fan-fiction? If you ever read The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, you’ll see the style cleverly delivered here.

This is the story of a guy named Vito and he wants to be a moderator. His epic tales will be added once every month.

If you’re lazy to check the link, here’s an excerpt from the pilot (without giving it all away):

He picked up a Green Leaf which can damage 0-1 points. He thought, “This is a good weapon for me, I must say”. He equipped the Green Leaf on his right hand. There was a treasure chest nearby. He opened up and got 10 gold. He thought of the things he can buy with the 10 gold… A cucumber, a spoon, a fork…

Here’s the blog: http://kongregatevito.blogspot.com/

EDIT: DON’T SPOIL THE STORY TO OTHERS HERE
Talk about the story in the comments of the appropriate chapter

Flag Post

Lawl… This is good. ( wow it took me like 3 trys to NOT spell that word wrong). I think i will check on this.

ONE MONTH.. but i guess it is kinda hard to write good Fan Fic. :3

Flag Post

ONE MONTH.. but i guess it is kinda hard to write good Fan Fic. :3

If it’s a week, it will be bloated and won’t be very interesting.

Besides, I made this up in a few minutes. I’m just too damn good :P

Flag Post

Sounds like runescape.

Perhaps make a runescape novel.

Flag Post

By “chick”, did you mean “baby chicken” or “woman”? They’re interchangeable in this case, however, I find the latter more entertaining (however less generic (but who cares))?

Flag Post

By “chick”, did you mean “baby chicken” or “woman”?

Baby chicken. Try not to spoil the story to others. I edited it to clearly say baby chicken.

Flag Post

Got into page 3 so need to bump it :(

Flag Post

It’s a pretty damn good start.

Can’t wait for more.

Flag Post

Awsome. I want the next part NOW!

Flag Post

That’s really awesome, although I think it has one flaw:

It has absolutely no detail.

Other than that, MORE. NAO!

Flag Post

Did you right that story? I don’t like it when people make themselves a character in their book.

Yep but the character, JudeMaverick, has a rather important part.

Don’t worry, I won’t be totally biased on his features like HE HAS MUSCLES AND FREAKING SIX ABBS. He’ll have some funny flaws which will stand out and also because if I add a random moderator, it might be somewhat offensive to them since that’s not really them.

It has absolutely no detail.

It’s a pilot episode. Other episodes will be more detailed.

Flag Post

Monthly?! That’s like, once in over thirty days.

Flag Post

How dare you tell everyone how to become a mod! This quest was meant for a select few.

Flag Post

How dare you tell everyone how to become a mod! This quest was meant for a select few.

That was unexpected XD

UPDATE: 2nd Chapter is now published!

I’m considering it to do it fortnightly. Discuss whether it should be fortnightly.

Flag Post

Yay!

Flag Post

2nd Chapter is win.

Check it out, if you haven’t of course.

Flag Post

if I add a random moderator, it might be somewhat offensive to them since that’s not really them.

You can pretty much tell what I’m like in the mod forums though so if you wanna give it a shot, I wouldn’t mind being part of the story.

Flag Post

You can pretty much tell what I’m like in the mod forums though so if you wanna give it a shot, I wouldn’t mind being part of the story.

I changed the personalities into bizarre ones.

I think I might do it every three weeks but if there is no activity in the blog or forum, I’ll do it monthly.

Flag Post

I herd mods are mudkipz.

Flag Post

AioraRox: I heard all mods r mudkipz

WTF?!? y did u say that?!? wat does that have too do with the topic?