Forums Off-topic

ITT: We discuss Doctor Who (May contain spoilers)

33 posts

Flag Post

So anyone else see the newest episode? I thought that the cube had Time Lord souls in them so the Doctor could have gotten some Time Lords out of them?

Flag Post

Spoiler alert?

Flag Post

I’m a dumb American, as such, I’ve never seen this show.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superfastjelly:

I’m a dumb American, as such, I’ve never seen this show.

So am I.

Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Spoiler alert?

Yes

Flag Post

I think there were remnants of souls. Whatever the Ood linked to was not flesh but corporeal beings? The only living things were animated by the will of that rift anyway. Besides, another living timelord would alleviate his guilt, we can’t have that.

What I’m interested in though is Amelia’s condition and what is the River the Only Source of Water in the Forest.
And the Spacesuit Person! Does the Spacesuit person replace the Doctor? Is that the Kid? Is that Pond’s kid? Is that a timelord? argh.

Flag Post

No, NRK sucks and I don’t have BBC. So no Doctor Who…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

No, NRK sucks and I don’t have BBC. So no Doctor Who…

And you are incapable of downloading it?

Flag Post

I used to be really into Doctor Who, but it’s been going downhill since the last David Tennant series.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vaetrus:

I think there were remnants of souls. Whatever the Ood linked to was not flesh but corporeal beings? The only living things were animated by the will of that rift anyway. Besides, another living timelord would alleviate his guilt, we can’t have that.

What I’m interested in though is Amelia’s condition and was is the River the Only Source of Water in the Forest. And the Spacesuit Person! Is that the Kid? Is that Pond’s kid? Is that a timelord? argh.

I’m thinking it’s Amy’s daughter and somehow is a time lord since she get pregnant inside the tardis while they were in flight?

Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

I used to be really into Doctor Who, but it’s been going downhill since the last David Tennant series.

Go watch The End of Time parts 1 and 2 to restore your faith in Doctor Who.

Flag Post

I prefer this theme song to all the others

Flag Post
Originally posted by freepie:

Flag Post

You try making a series that remains good for over 25 seasons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by romml:
Originally posted by freepie:

Flag Post

The cubes were simply distress messages sent out by time lords. They weren’t anything like souls or anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

Fan butthurt?
Cuz that’s what butthurt fans usually say…..
YOU TRY TO DO DIZ URSELF U MORON U”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

The cubes were simply distress messages sent out by time lords. They weren’t anything like souls or anything.

I could have sworn the Doctor said that they contained souls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by romml:
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

Fan butthurt?
Cuz that’s what butthurt fans usually say…..
YOU TRY TO DO DIZ URSELF U MORON U”

a simple observation. Doctor who has remained good for over 25 seasons, which can’t be said about most other series that spawned over 25 seasons. I think one of the reasons that it has remained good for so long (and is still quite good) actually is that the actor is changed every several seasons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:

Not that I am aware of. The House collected the distress messages, and sent them out to other Time lords to fool them and make them come to him. He then ate their Tardis’s.

Flag Post

Considering the fact spoiler warnings are mentioned, why have we not had River Song images yet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TARDIS:

Considering the fact spoiler warnings are mentioned, why have we not had River Song images yet?

Flag Post

Not that I am aware of. The House collected the distress messages, and sent them out to other Time lords to fool them and make them come to him. He then ate their Tardis’s.

I thought they fell into the rift by accident? As in, not guided by “siren lures”.

They have one kiss their entire relationship. What’s the point?

Flag Post

River and the Doctor have had much more then one kiss. They just haven’t happened yet for the Doctor. I’m sure at some point River and the Doctor will go much further then that too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vaetrus

They have one kiss their entire relationship. What’s the point?

Depends on who’s perspective you take. If we take River’s perspective, it is going to be a lot more.

Flag Post

River and the Doctor have had much more then one kiss. They just haven’t happened yet for the Doctor. I’m sure at some point River and the Doctor will go much further then that too.

After the Silence, the Doctor takes River back to her jail. Now they kiss. She says that “you act like we’ve never done this before” and he says “we haven’t”. Earlier that same arc, River says to Amelia that her past is his future and vice versa. Now if the Doctor says that it was their first kiss, that means older River/younger Doctor do not kiss. And since River was under the illusion that it was not their first kiss, and was then surprised, that means it was her first kiss: therefore younger River/older Doctor do not kiss. (There’s also the fact that she had to ask if it was their first kiss, because she had assumed her older self would have kissed younger Doctor, so that he would have done it before but not her.) Her face at the end of that episode was meant to portray all that.

Ergo: One kiss. They might still have babies or something, and he’ll still teach her to drive the TARDIS, better than he can himself, but no kisses.

Flag Post

I don’t think you really get the ‘her past is his future’ part. It means that the doctor has no information about what has happened while he is going to be in a relationship with young river. We know it was the first time the doctor kissed River, but we can not possibly know that it was also the first time river kissed the doctor. From the fact that river thinks that it was not their first kiss, we can conclude that she must have been kissed by the doctor before, so the doctor is going to kiss young-river at some point.

Also, I hate the combination of grammar and time-travel. Somebody hand me over a copy of Dr Dan Streetmentioner’s Time Traveller’s Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations.