Forums Off-topic

a petition to stop spam (bacon) (locked)

25 posts

Flag Post

post in here if you hate spam, especially the bacon bs. there should be a report button by the post so if its spam, it can be reported, and the spammer might lose points, get banned, maybe even ip banned. so post in here to help stop spam.

Flag Post

I agree that spam sucks, and bacon is silly, but honestly if the bacon thing is keeping some people happy, I don’t have a problem with it. I would ask that they don’t create too many more threads than they already have, but as long as they keep it in those few threads it’s really their choice. The forum is here for the users to have fun, and as long as they aren’t totally clogging up the forums I don’t think it’s really too big of a problem.

Flag Post

The bacon thing is ridiculous, but the forums isnt quite yet very big, over the next year as kongs forum grows we’ll probably see forum games and this bacon stuff banned more.

Flag Post

I dont have a problem with the bacon thing right now. Its mostly just a few threads and it keeps people interested (apparently). Its certainly not grounds for banning someone.

Flag Post

I agree, I have been in this idiocy, i am however planning something…

Flag Post

Well I didn’t mean banning people, I mean how the forum game threads are locked on most forums because they grow to a ridiculous amount spammed around.

Flag Post

Bacon SPAM? Mmm…

If you went to jmtb02’s forum games, there isn’t a post count for it. Why don’t you do that?

Flag Post

We have two threads. How is this spamming? And it’s in the off-topic forum. You know, the one without a topic…

Flag Post

I have to agree with mrhthepie. As long as it isn’t abusive and it isn’t harmful, there shouldn’t be a problem.

Flag Post

Actually, I count 4 bacon-related threads on the front page (5 if you include this one, but I won’t :-P). While perhaps not all “official baconator threads”, bacon is obviously a prevalent part of Kong forums at the moment. But I agree, right now it’s by no means a problem – I think you guys are insane, but if it makes you happy and doesn’t bother others, then that’s what the forums are for. :)

Flag Post

for what mrthepie said, off topic means not about kongregate. and i’m putting it here ‘cause all the spam’s here.

Flag Post

BACON AS A TOPIC IN THEOFF-TOPICFORUM ISN"T SPAM!!!! THE FORUM IS CALLED OFF-TOPIC!!! IT’S NOT LIKE WE’RE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING EVERYONE HATES. I TALK ABOUT BACON BECAUSE I LIKE IT AND SO DO ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE…. IT’S LIKE PEOPLE OBSESSING OVER GREG… IT CAN BE ANNOYING BUT IT ISN’T SPAM, BECAUSE EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT HIM

Flag Post

Yeah, there could be much worse things happening, like USING ALL CAPS!!!111

Flag Post

Sorry about that… i was mad typing and didn’t notice i hit caps lock.. l

Flag Post

Lol.

Flag Post

well i see the only one who disagrees is the only one who spams. get a report system in so it can be off topic forums not spam forums.

Flag Post

Uh, actually you have a moderator as well as a Kong employee that have agreed that the “spamming” has not gotten excessive yet. Also, I would recommend that you make requests of the site admins, rather than demanding that a report system be set up.

Flag Post

well i see the only one who disagrees is the only one who spams. get a report system in so it can be off topic forums not spam forums.

You have a strange definition of “the only person who disagrees”. And he apologised, it was unintentional.

Uh, actually you have a moderator as well as a Kong employee that have agreed that the “spamming” has not gotten excessive yet. Also, I would recommend that you make requests of the site admins, rather than demanding that a report system be set up.

Thank you. In my opinion the forum’s are small enough that a good team of mods(which we have) can do a better job than a report system.

Flag Post

It is true that eventually we will probably have to have a report system (well, if all goes well and the site grows to take over the world!), but I agree mrhthepie – at this point it is controlled. zsefvgyjmko (geez, I’m never going to try to type that again…): I understand your annoyance, but is it really causing problems for you on site to ignore those couple of threads?

Flag Post

well for a ratio of spam to real talk it is excessive.

Flag Post

…If you want to talk serious find a forum that isn’t off-topic… Me and my friends talking about something we like is a discussion..

Flag Post

zsefvgyjmko…. You were talking about bacon in the Topic “baconators”…. http://kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/1352?page=6

You said “i eat bacon every minute. well i wsh i could. i luv bacon, but not back bacon. thats just a fancy name for ham. so anyways, bacon’s good if you rip the meat part off the fat part. its reeeeally good.”……. sooooo

Flag Post

there are topics that are alot more spam then bacon, like when people make like 6 diffrent topics for the same thing, and not all the bacon topics were created by the baconators

Flag Post

http://kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/1784

Flag Post

bacon is the ruler of this whole forum…