Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness

2206 posts

Flag Post

UPDATE : There’s now a Dietary Health topic ( http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/218622 ) here in Off-Topic, so make sure you guys check it out! There’s a challenge set up there for ya’, as well as great ingredients for muscle development!

There’s also a thread here in Off-Topic that has a compiled list of every exercise listed here in Health & Fitness! http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/291707-exercises-from-health-fitness

Big thanks to the author, Billious!

Hey, guys! Due to the success of my former topic, I’ve decided to move into a much broader topic, with a wider range of potential discussion!

I myself am a professional strongman and powerlifter, representing Russia internationally and world-wide. I’m a three time world-champion powerlifter (with a few silvers and bronze) and have won The Cup of Russia (Russia’s Strongest Man) four times, two consecutively. I’ve also qualified for World’s Strongest Man 4 times, and have had major wins against guys like Zydrunas Savickas (at-the-time 2 time World’s Strongest Man)

I’m also a Fitness Guru and Forum moderator on international fitness forums like Steelfactor, Fitsport.ru, Ironworld, and do Q and A almost hourly. I work half time between three primary occupations as a physical therapist, personal trainer and farmer, and like to think that I have a vast amount of accurate info for the up-and-coming athlete! So this topic is REALLY dedicated to Q and A, so PLEASE ask if you have any questions about ANY area of fitness and/or your body.

This topic is dedicated to Sports, Physical Activity, Q and A, Diet Tips, everything! I’d love for ANYONE, whether they’re looking to lose weight, trim muscle, or add on a lot more bulkier muscle to post their questions here, and I’ll get back to them as soon as I can!

We’re also going to have a Badass of the Week award, given to the person who is active in the topic, encourages other people in their pursuit of turning their body into a piece of badassed real estate/fitness goals, and is showing great progression in life!

Post your stories/stats! Post your pics, if you want! Post your favorite sports, athletes, etc. This topic is made for THESE things, everything Health & Fitness related!

Badass of the week has been updated, and now the winner(s) will get more than just a badass badge, but will design their own personal weekly challenge to post on the front page, as well as all the fame and glory one could expect from such a prestigious title. To alert me to the fact you’ve completed a challenge, let me know here on this topic.

To achieve Badass of the Week, one has to earn 50 Fitness points – these can be won by completing the various workouts below on days of your choosing

BADASSES OF THE WEEK

^ Will be changed weekly from now on, whenever I’m able. ^

This week’s NEW challenge!
( * Stands means you can do this separately from the rest of the exercises)

Beginner ( Worth 10 points)

Can be completed whenever you want.

Bird Dog – 10 reps on each arm (and leg) for two sets.
Hollow Hold – 30 seconds x 2
Superman Hold – 30 seconds x 2
Wall Sit – 30 seconds x 2
Brush your damn teeth.

Intermediate (Worth 15 points)

Must be finished within one hour.

Walk one mile every day.*
Hollow Hold – 60 seconds x 2
Superman Hold – 60 seconds x 2
20 Burpees
Calf Raises – 25 × 2
Bird Dog – 15 reps on each arm (and leg).
Brush your damn teeth.

Hard (Worth 25 points)

Must be finished within fifteen minutes.

Walk two miles every day.*
30 Burpees
30 Bodyweight Squats
Hollow Hold – 60 seconds x 2
Superman Hold – 60 seconds x 2
Calf Raises – 50
Bulgarian Split Squat – 12 on each leg x 2
Glute Hold – 30 seconds x 2
Brush your damn teeth.

These challenges will progressively get harder as more time goes on and those actually doing the challenges get more and more fit. Good luck!

If you’re confused about what the exercises are, search through the Exercises from Health & Fitness topic!

“Merely kicking a butthole isn’t enough: I’m going to get in there and set up shop. I aim to inflict real and lasting harm.
We’re going to call the structural identity of the butthole into question. Future generations will examine the wreckage and wonder: was there ever a butthole here?
Their greatest scholars will shake their heads, and say to them, “No.” "

Flag Post

Really nice topic, but you probably won’t find much interest in fitness on this forum, unfortunately :(

About all I have to contribute, is what I do each day.
Thirty push ups, thirty sit ups, and twenty of those things where you lie on your back and raise your legs up and down.
I do that twice a day, when I get up in the morning, and just before I go to bed.

This is all I can do for the moment, but I’m hoping to get some equipment some time soon.

EDIT: I’m glad I was wrong.

Flag Post

I work at a gym and need someone to make a logo for “Richmond Health and Fitness And The Primary Emphasis Is On Group Training”.

Flag Post

I have nothing accomplished :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Really nice topic, but you probably won’t find much interest in fitness on this forum, unfortunately :(

About all I have to contribute, is what I do each day.
Thirty push ups, thirty sit ups, and twenty of those things where you lie on your back and raise your legs up and down.
I do that twice a day, when I get up in the morning, and just before I go to bed.

This is all I can do for the moment, but I’m hoping to get some equipment some time soon.

Yeah, kinda anticipating that. Doesn’t hurt to offer, though!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

I work at a gym and need someone to make a logo for “Richmond Health and Fitness And The Primary Emphasis Is On Group Training”.

I’ll see if I can get ahold of one of my contacts to make you a logo, Cammy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Betelgueze:

I have nothing accomplished :(

Never too late to start! Q and A, baby!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

I’ll see if I can get ahold of one of my contacts to make you a logo, Cammy!

Eherm, obscure references should not result in actual action, but OK.

Flag Post

Didn’t catch the reference, my bad. Thought you were serious. :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

Didn’t catch the reference, my bad. Thought you were serious. :p

Yeah, I should really not make references to things that were in a forum thread… on a different site… in 2008.

Flag Post

Well you should talk to The Zamster
He is trying to lose weight by burning 100→300 Calories a day

Flag Post

A constructive topic in OT. Geeze, haven’t seen one of those in ages.
You competed against Zydrunas Savickas? I might have seen you on TV.

Well, let’s get this going. Personally I try to train on a daily basis and three times at a gym. It’s basically always combat sports training, mostly Muay Thai and a wild mix of everything else I try out now and then. I almost never use any tools like weights, first of all because I have back problems (hint: avatar) and don’t want to cause damages by doing exercises that might worsen it and secondly because I personally don’t find them interesting. Body weight exercises and drills like combinations are simply more fun to me because you can do them anywhere anytime.
I guess a list of exercises that are easy to do could be a nice addition to this thread. It should cover what they are good for, how it works and what should be avoided.
I don’t really want to gain weight or form my body, I just do it to stay active and maybe get into fighting once I have the time (if I ever have the time).
My favourite athletes right now are

• Saenchai

Probably the pound for pound best Muay Thai fighter right now and one of the best technical fighters.

Flag Post

sorry dont make threads this long..too rigorous is the spelling right?

Flag Post

I’m a strongman, myself. I entertain the masses by juggling cars and trucks, and leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

Flag Post

I can do like 5 pushups.

u jelly?

Flag Post

Very cool, EPR! I’m a fan of combat sports too, myself.

Good athlete list! Glad to see Saenchai on it. Not many folks here on Kong know about him!

That I did, sir. He and I competed this year (in January) in the PLSE Seasonal Opening in Russia, it wasn’t a major (in terms of international importance) competition, but there WERE guys like Michael Sidorychev, Elbrus Nigmatullin, Mark Felix, Alexander Mantserov, etc.

Originally posted by EPR89:

A constructive topic in OT. Geeze, haven’t seen one of those in ages.
You competed against Zydrunas Savickas? I might have seen you on TV.

Flag Post

I’m an agile man, I can do all kindsa contortionate stuff, people who go to tinychat probably know that.
The sports I enjoy are association football, basketball and waterpolo. I played for my hometown club at junior (Under-18) level either as a sweeper (archaic position, but I do come from an archaic country) or right back. I’m too short for basketball but I find it to be a very dynamic sport and I like to play waterpolo from time to time.
My favorite athletes of all time are:
Diego Maradona, Andrea Pirlo, Franco Baresi, Paolo Maldini, Fábio Coentrão, Diego Buonanotte, Cafu, Mateo Kovačić, Dražen Petrović, Andrei Kirilenko, Dwayne Wade, Mirza Džomba, Ivano Balić and Vlado Šola.

Flag Post

Good athlete list, Commander. :)

Flag Post

I’m lean and do not wish to ‘bulk out’, but I am interested in the effects swimming will have on my physique.

So…how does regularly swimming affect your body type?

Flag Post
Originally posted by YourJester:

I’m lean and do not wish to ‘bulk out’, but I am interested in the effects swimming will have on my physique.

So…how does regularly swimming affect your body type?

Swimming’s a great workout for trimming fat and building lean muscle at the same time, and (even though I’m not sure, so if I’m wrong, correct me) let’s say regular in three times a week, for an hour+ at a time.

I’d have something light, like maybe a protein bar (PowerBar/ProteinPlus) about half an hour prior, and half an hour afterwards I’d go after your lean quality protein intake. Swimming is GREAT for deltoid development, I myself still use it very regularly to help keep my body lean and my endurance high. It’s also great for your heart!

Here soon I’m going to post a detailed list (and challenge) of things you can do to help increase your lean protein intake and fiber intake. :)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Thanks GoldenHammer for the quick response. It’s really kind of you to help with your expertise. OT should have someone telling it to exercise more often.

Flag Post

I should start training to become the next Bruce Lee. :D

More On-Topic:

I sometimes start training sports when I get a obsession to it. When I get a flu, for example, after it I forget to do it again/I am too lazy to do it. Which is a pity.

I won’t tell what I can do/how much, because I don’t want myself to be embarrassed. :E

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

I should start training to become the next Bruce Lee. :D

More On-Topic:

I sometimes start training sports when I get a obsession to it. When I get a flu, for example, after it I forget to do it again/I am too lazy to do it. Which is a pity.

I won’t tell what I can do/how much, because I don’t want myself to be embarrassed. :E

Any activity is GREAT activity! Comparison is limitation when it comes to health! Keep up the good work!