Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 3

2206 posts

Flag Post

One question:
Is there any other way than drinking eggs and eating meats with protein in it to develop Abs?
Just wondering… (beside the fact of Physical Workout)
I hate drinking the eggs and eating most of the meats…

Flag Post
Originally posted by commie_commander:

Ahh, not really, we just play for ‘bout 60 minutes and I only stack firewood on the weekends now, before I went to college I chopped and stacked the firewood every day.
That’s what happens when a country boy has to continue his education in the big city.

How financially easy would it be for you to go to a superstore and purchase a couple dumbbells?

Flag Post

I can’t believe you guise are into this shit….

Flag Post

Right now it’s impossible because I only have 25% of my wages for myself which is barely enough to pay for rent, food, alcohol and other important things, and I’m giving the rest of my wages to my brother who is going to driving school somewhere in August 2012 and I want his first car to be respectable.
After that’s done, it should probably be no problem.

Flag Post

Right now it’s impossible because I only have 25% of my wages for myslef which is barely enough to pay for rent, food, alcohol and other important things, and I’m giving the rest of my wages to my brother who is going to driving school somewhere in August 2012 and I want his first car to be respectable.

You give him 25% of your wages!?

Flag Post
Originally posted by explainthatot:

Right now it’s impossible because I only have 25% of my wages for myslef which is barely enough to pay for rent, food, alcohol and other important things, and I’m giving the rest of my wages to my brother who is going to driving school somewhere in August 2012 and I want his first car to be respectable.

75% derp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by explainthatot:

75% derp.

No, you wrote you give him 25%
derp

Flag Post

Right now it’s impossible because I only have 25% of my wages for my self which is barely enough to pay for rent, food, alcohol and other important things, and I’m giving the rest of my wages to my brother who is going to driving school somewhere in August 2012 and I want his first car to be respectable.

Alright. I’d recommend maybe log-cutting a little more regularly, etc. Depends on what your goals are, really. Little things like push ups, pull ups, etc are great for overall body workouts. If you can tell me what you want to get bigger, stronger in particular, I can have you a small exercise list set up in no time.

Flag Post

What I wanna get bigger?
Well, my penis triceps could use a boost.

Flag Post

What I wanna get bigger?
Well, my penis triceps could use a boost.

Alright! I’d do this list once every two days, and try and sneak in some of the diet tips from the Something aside from Top Ramen topic.

• means “sets of”, I.E, 6*2, six sets of two reps)
Regular Push Ups – 6*12 (do each set in between another exercise)

Wide-arm Push Ups – spread your hands about a foot (six inches on each side) past your shoulder-width, 3*8 reps
Tricep Holds – Hold yourself in the TIGHTEST push up position you can. Don’t let your back arch (you can fix that by squeezing your stomach) and don’t let your ass stick up in the air. 3*45 seconds, every five seconds, do a push up.
Inch Worm – Stand up, legs together, arms down by your side. Now reach down and put your hands on the ground (your legs do not have to be straight). Once your hands are on the ground, walk them away from your feet (one in front of the other) until you’re in a push up position. Now do a push up. Then walk your feet back up.

( )

4*12

Flag Post

Ja, buns n thighs. Now where’s pics?

Flag Post

Good point! Yeah, if anyone feels like posting pictures of their favorite athletes, or even of themselves, go ahead!!

Flag Post

Okay so I recently moved countries to Norway to do school, and I find myself eating all the time and having horrible diet problems. Back in Canada where I am from I ran everyday and had a good diet, now I find myself eating horribly…Russia is north of Norway and maybe has similar foods, what kind of diet would you recommend me to have? Can you list my breakfast/lunch/supper ? This would help so much TGH ;) I look physically just fine, but I know I have to eat right to stay right. Thanks!

Flag Post

I’ve been trying to get rid of my fat and I’m satisfied with how my belly shrunk, but a lot of the fat is stored in my upper legs, which is very ugly and I’m not getting rid of it even with a couple months of exercise every day. Do you know of any exercises that could get rid of that fat? I’ve been doing squats and lunges, but it’s hard to do them now because of my knee injury (the squats actually caused the injury).

Flag Post

Do you even lift?

Flag Post
Originally posted by god_of_war:

Okay so I recently moved countries to Norway to do school, and I find myself eating all the time and having horrible diet problems. Back in Canada where I am from I ran everyday and had a good diet, now I find myself eating horribly…Russia is north of Norway and maybe has similar foods, what kind of diet would you recommend me to have? Can you list my breakfast/lunch/supper ? This would help so much TGH ;) I look physically just fine, but I know I have to eat right to stay right. Thanks!

Hey, GoW. I’d personally suggest something like this.

Meal # 1 (Breakfast)
Protein Shake
1 serving of plain oatmeal
Optional Supplement: 1 teaspoon of Flax seed oil

Meal # 2 (Snack)
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 serving of Broccoli

Meal # 3 (Lunch)
31/2 ounces Chicken Breast
1 cup of mixed vegetables
1 Large Apple

Meal # 4 (maybe a post workout meal)
1 Banana
2 potatoes

1. (Dinner)
    31/2 ounces of Salmon/Healthy meat
    ½ cup spinach
    1 serving of berries such as strawberries

Meal #6 Optional
Protein Shake

Originally posted by VanHalen1:

I’ve been trying to get rid of my fat and I’m satisfied with how my belly shrunk, but a lot of the fat is stored in my upper legs, which is very ugly and I’m not getting rid of it even with a couple months of exercise every day. Do you know of any exercises that could get rid of that fat? I’ve been doing squats and lunges, but it’s hard to do them now because of my knee injury (the squats actually caused the injury).

I sure do! Hit me up on my profile and I’ll get back to you privately!

Flag Post

I do 50-75 push ups every day, but my max is about ~110.
I also do some kettlebell exercises a few times per week.

I need to start running to build up my endurance though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

I do 50-75 push ups every day, but my max is about ~110.
I also do some kettlebell exercises a few times per week.

I need to start running to build up my endurance though.

Good movement, dude!

Flag Post

Some of my progress, OT

Flag Post

I’m obviously not as strong as TheGoldenHammer, but I have a regimen consisting of body weight exercises that I would be glad to share:

Here is a light and easy one for a warmup
1. 5 pushups
2. Stand up, do 25 jumping jacks

Repeat this 10 times

Simple but it works. If you want to make this easy exercise harder, do pushups with one hand or diamond pushups. Then replace the jumping jacks with burpees or jumping squats.

Flag Post

Lol, thank you.

Flag Post

With permission from TheGoldenHammer, I present my blog to this thread.

taekwondousa.blogspot.com

Taekwondo and martial arts news (with a health section if you people are ever interested in me making one lol)

Flag Post

I looked into that, and it seems like it’s pretty helpful! I studied and practiced Taekwondo for a few years, I just never went for a belt-rank. Just mainly did it to keep myself in shape and expand my knowledge of things like that (being a personal trainer, I get asked a ton of questions about almost everything physical)

I’d love to see your blog get bigger as time goes by. I’ve even been considering making one myself, : )

Flag Post

Here is a light and easy one for a warmup
1. 5 pushups
2. Stand up, do 25 jumping jacks
Repeat this 10 times

I remember my old sensei’s definition of a warmup:
1. 150-200 jumping jacks
2. Jack knives or something, when you jump up and slap the mat, 120
3. 120 pushups, starting shoulder length then going in every 20 until your hands are touching
4. 80 situps with a partner, both rising to punch their hands, then repeat only they punch yours instead so 160 situps all together
5. Running for around 10 minutes
6. Throwing eachother in various ways for around another 15 minutes

After all that the lesson then started, so much harder to do the warmup _-_

GoldenHammer is so buffed up~
Though I liked the look when you had a beard, dunno why.

Flag Post

I only shaved it because I had to for a competition, =P But yeah, that’s the kind of warm-ups I have my classes do in the dojo too. Sounds like he had the right idea, : D