Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 62

2182 posts

Flag Post

FYI:

Teeth aren’t supposed to be perfectly white. Having a a slight yellowish tint is perfectly fine.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

FYI:

Teeth aren’t supposed to be perfectly white. Having a a slight yellowish tint is perfectly fine.

They are more than slightly yellow, occasionally they are nice and normal looking though. Sometimes they are even fake white.
Excluding that they are sideways, and all that jazz.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by IAMOT:

You need to stop bodybuilding so much, TGH. No offense, but all that muscle is making you look fat.

I’m a strongman, and it most likely is a bit of fat. I like keeping my bodyfat percentage between 13-19%, so that my body has something extra to turn into energy and fuel in case I don’t get proper meals. I also feel better with a little more roundness, myself.

 
Flag Post

Those workouts that you (TGH) gave me a while ago are working great. Just wanted to thank you, I’ll post a progress pic soon.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by listle6:

Those workouts that you (TGH) gave me a while ago are working great. Just wanted to thank you, I’ll post a progress pic soon.

Glad to hear the good news, man! And yeah! Progress pics are bread and butter in this topic. Keep up the good work. :)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by IAMOT:

You need to stop bodybuilding so much, TGH. No offense, but all that muscle is making you look fat.

I’m a strongman, and it most likely is a bit of fat. I like keeping my bodyfat percentage between 13-19%, so that my body has something extra to turn into energy and fuel in case I don’t get proper meals. I also feel better with a little more roundness, myself.

Most strongmen I have seen seem to have that bodyshape. Also, most strongmen I have seen seem to be a lot healthier than pure bodybuilders.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by IAMOT:

You need to stop bodybuilding so much, TGH. No offense, but all that muscle is making you look fat.

I’m a strongman, and it most likely is a bit of fat. I like keeping my bodyfat percentage between 13-19%, so that my body has something extra to turn into energy and fuel in case I don’t get proper meals. I also feel better with a little more roundness, myself.

Most strongmen I have seen seem to have that bodyshape. Also, most strongmen I have seen seem to be a lot healthier than pure bodybuilders.

We are. A lot of us are natural, a lot of us train for functionality and athleticism over aesthetics and appearance – which is all competitive bodybuilding is. There is no test of strength in competitive bodybuilding, and their training is geared towards hypertrophy development and slow twitch muscle fibers. Strongmen are just that – strong men. Most, if not all of the top BBers now-a-days can not genuinely do the lifts they claim, or look like they can perform. Otherwise they would be in Strongman Competitions, powerlifting meets, etc. and wiping the floor with everyone else.

 
Flag Post

I spent long hours working hard at the gym last year and stayed fit, working out every 2-3 days and got good results. Lately I have been slacking off and haven’t gone to the gym in a while, what are some tips to get back into shape faster, and get back up to where I used to be?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Starscream4321:

I spent long hours working hard at the gym last year and stayed fit, working out every 2-3 days and got good results. Lately I have been slacking off and haven’t gone to the gym in a while, what are some tips to get back into shape faster, and get back up to where I used to be?

I’d start off slow – especially in health and fitness, slow and steady wins the race. I’d kick the engine back up with walking every day (or every other), along with these simple but effective exercises to jumpstart your metabolism and muscle fiber sensitivity back into gear.

The Hollow Hold

1. Lay on your back, legs together, arms up.
2. Raise your legs, arms/shoulders and head off the floor roughly six inches.
3. Hunch your back ever so slightly. What you don’t want is the ‘dip’ in your lower back when you’re holding it. This can be damaging to your lower lumbar and hips. You should be flat across your back.
4. Hold the position for 30-45 seconds 5 times.

Leg Raise.

1. While on your back, place your hands (palms down) beside your hips.
2. Keep your body steady by pushing off the floor with your hands/arms.
3. While keeping straight legs, raise your legs straight towards the ceiling, then lower them back down.
4. Repeat (SLOWLY) 10 times for 5 sets. Do these back-to-back with hollow holds.

Wall Sit.

1. Push your back against a wall with plenty of space.
2. Lower yourself into a sitting position on an invisible chair, keeping your hands (palms down) against the wall.
3. Squeeze in your abs and upper legs, and hold the position for 30 seconds 5 times.

These are my favorite. Combine them with the Dietary Health topic in the link on the front page and you’ll be ready to bump it up in no time. :)

 
Flag Post

Updated photo of Alexey Serebryakov. One of Russia’s most prominent Strongmen.

 
Flag Post

So an update photo. I’m -25lbs officially. Pics go lightest→heaviest
link
213-238

The black corset is a size 40, the pink/red is a 34. That is a six inch difference, though I think it’s kind of hard to see.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by diabolotry:

So an update photo. I’m -25lbs officially. Pics go lightest→heaviest
link
213-238

The black corset is a size 40, the pink/red is a 34. That is a six inch difference, though I think it’s kind of hard to see.

Hot damn. Good to hear!

 
Flag Post

Billious has compiled a list of every exercise posted in Health & Fitness into a single thread, which I’ve linked on the front page. Check it out!

 
Flag Post

Badass of the week/century

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by diabolotry:

Badass of the week/century

I do a lot of those exercises, as do my gymnasts. Good head on his shoulders. :)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by diabolotry:

Badass of the week/century

I do a lot of those exercises, as do my gymnasts. Good head on his shoulders. :)

Hammer, that shit is crazy. It doesn’t look like it should be physically possible.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by diabolotry:
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by diabolotry:

Badass of the week/century

I do a lot of those exercises, as do my gymnasts. Good head on his shoulders. :)

Hammer, that shit is crazy. It doesn’t look like it should be physically possible.

I know, right? Lol. It takes a lot of time and effort. He’s done a great job – his form needs a good amount of work, as does his theory, but he’s doing way better than even a lot of Gymnasts can.

 
Flag Post

I myself am a professional strongman and powerlifter, representing Russia internationally and world-wide. I’m a three time world-champion powerlifter (with a few silvers and bronze) and have won The Cup of Russia (Russia’s Strongest Man) four times, two consecutively. I’ve also qualified for World’s Strongest Man 4 times, and have had major wins against guys like Zydrunas Savickas (at-the-time 2 time World’s Strongest Man)

Unfortunately, we only have your word for that. Which by itself is obviously not enough.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Predatorx687:

I myself am a professional strongman and powerlifter, representing Russia internationally and world-wide. I’m a three time world-champion powerlifter (with a few silvers and bronze) and have won The Cup of Russia (Russia’s Strongest Man) four times, two consecutively. I’ve also qualified for World’s Strongest Man 4 times, and have had major wins against guys like Zydrunas Savickas (at-the-time 2 time World’s Strongest Man)

Unfortunately, we only have your word for that. Which by itself is obviously not enough.

You’re absolutely right.

 
Flag Post

http://fatchicksings.com/2012/07/20/the-right-to-bare-arms/

>mistaking fat on arms for muscle

wot

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

http://fatchicksings.com/2012/07/20/the-right-to-bare-arms/

>mistaking fat on arms for muscle

wot

In my personal opinion self confidence is the first step to true physical health. She’s got the basics down!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

http://fatchicksings.com/2012/07/20/the-right-to-bare-arms/

>mistaking fat on arms for muscle

wot

In my personal opinion self confidence is the first step to true physical health. She’s got the basics down!

I don’t believe she does. She posted it on tumblr under fat acceptance…

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fat+acceptance

read through that and rage.

 
Flag Post

pissing in fire gives you magical breeding powers

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

http://fatchicksings.com/2012/07/20/the-right-to-bare-arms/

>mistaking fat on arms for muscle

wot

In my personal opinion self confidence is the first step to true physical health. She’s got the basics down!

I don’t believe she does. She posted it on tumblr under fat acceptance…

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fat+acceptance

read through that and rage.

Different people handle things in different ways, I suppose. At any rate, I’m glad she’s feeling better about herself.

 
Flag Post

November 2011 to August 2012 comparison shots. I’ve been very hit and miss in that time, and while I’m happy to have lost that fat I’d like some more muscle to replace it with, but overall I’m pretty chuffed so far.