Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 64

2217 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

Now that the summer’s coming to a close, what do you, OT, think you’re going to do?

Same as always.

I’m cutting now though. Gonna cut down to 10% or so bodyfat and then bulk again. Gonna post a progress pic in febuary/march.

Flag Post

I’m a strongman, myself. I host the masses by juggling vehicles and additionally pickup trucks, and leaping high structures in a unmarried bound.
CPAP

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

Now that the summer’s coming to a close, what do you, OT, think you’re going to do?

Finding a new gym to train kickboxing/Muay Thai, because I’m moving to another city to study sports.
Not looking good so far. My coach gave me a few addresses, but from what he knows the coaches there are either not very good or don’t have a good personality. I guess I’ll have to simply go there and see for myself.

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll find some way to make it work.

Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Same as always.

I’m cutting now though. Gonna cut down to 10% or so bodyfat and then bulk again. Gonna post a progress pic in febuary/march.

Looking forward to it, brother. Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by jackhadin05:

I’m a strongman, myself. I host the masses by juggling vehicles and additionally pickup trucks, and leaping high structures in a unmarried bound.
CPAP

Dig it.

Flag Post

TGH, I had a really bad cold yesterday and I kept sneezing (like 20 times in a row) and my upper left back started to hurt. It’s still hurting a little bit today. Tips?

Still feeling bad? If so, I’ll PM you some of the remedies I like to practice with. I know i’m late on replying, sorry!

Flag Post

Why would you WANT to be muscular? Rather spend time improving your mind. Muscle serves no purpose unless you have need of it for a profession.

Also – exercising is technically bad for you, as you wear your muscles out. Soooo, everyone is going to get smarter and be stronger as they get older and in old age, while all off you are killing yourselves and wasting your own valuable time with exercise. Just lose weight until your skinny and then just eat healthy. The End.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

Why would you WANT to be muscular? Rather spend time improving your mind. Muscle serves no purpose unless you have need of it for a profession.

Also – exercising is technically bad for you, as you wear your muscles out. Soooo, everyone is going to get smarter and be stronger as they get older and in old age, while all off you are killing yourselves and wasting your own valuable time with exercise. Just lose weight until your skinny and then just eat healthy. The End.

Science, of all kinds, shows that a proper amount of exercise has innumerable benefits for both mind and body.

Also, any real Health & Fitness devotee recognizes that the mind is more important than the body – because the mind can Improve the body through learning and application of proper physical sciences.

Why so mad?

Flag Post

Hey TGH any tips on growing height? I’m 5’7 but I want to be at least 5’9. I know it’s 99% genetics but I was wondering if there’s any way to encourage growth?

Flag Post

Well, last night I went out for a midnight mile run or so. So, last night was the first time I walked/ran more than 500feet in weeks.
My body aches a bit because I never stopped, but hey, it’s not bad.

I’ve also dropped below 170pounds, fucking mom won’t stop bitching about how I’m “Anorexic”.

>Complains that I might be getting diabetus
>Lose weight
>You’re anorexic eat more and drink more soda and why don’t you eat chips anymore

She can’t be this American, can she?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

I’ve also dropped below 170pounds, fucking mom won’t stop bitching about how I’m “Anorexic”.

>Lose weight
>You’re anorexic eat more and drink more soda and why don’t you eat chips anymore

How tall are you? 170 pounds does not sound even close to anorexic. Hell, I am 5.9 and 143 and am probably not going to go over 155 once/if I finally get the time to prepare for the ring.

Flag Post
Originally posted by whyudievoid666:

EAT GOOD FOOD, LOTS OF IT AND SLEEP ABOUT 8 HOURS

Coach, can you please stop yelling at me?

Flag Post

Thank you.

Flag Post
How tall are you? 170 pounds does not sound even close to anorexic. Hell, I am 5.9 and 143 and am probably not going to go over 155 once/if I finally get the time to prepare for the ring.

5’8 or so, I’m not sure anymore though. But it seems like I’ve been growing a lot recently. Somewhere around there.
She’s, well…American, that’s all I can say.

Eventually she will realize it’s okay for guys not to be in the 200s.

Flag Post

Hey TGH any tips on growing height? I’m 5’7 but I want to be at least 5’9. I know it’s 99% genetics but I was wondering if there’s any way to encourage growth?

Not that I know of as fact, personally. Aside from proper nutrition. I’ve heard SO MANY “secret tips” and all that, but nothing I’ve found to be compatible with physical science.

Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Well, last night I went out for a midnight mile run or so. So, last night was the first time I walked/ran more than 500feet in weeks.
My body aches a bit because I never stopped, but hey, it’s not bad.

>Lose weight

Good for you, man! And once your metabolism kicks in weight loss isn’t unusual. It sounds like you’re all good, provided you’re eating still.

Flag Post

I have begun the strong lifts program. Haven’t hit all my lifts yet, but here is what I’m starting out with:

Squat 75
Military press 65
Back row 65
Bench Press 75
DL 65*

*I could have lifted more, but I was working on form. It felt very light. I was taking advantage of the power cage so I could fully deload, which was a big improvement over rack pulls.

Flag Post

I am considering the 5/3/1 workout made by Jim Wendler. Has anyone used it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Johnyboy29:

I’ve never used it but I’ve heard of it quite a bit.

This site calculates it for you or something

http://www.strstd.com/

Flag Post
Originally posted by diabolotry:

I have begun the strong lifts program. Haven’t hit all my lifts yet, but here is what I’m starting out with:

Squat 75
Military press 65
Back row 65
Bench Press 75
DL 65*

*I could have lifted more, but I was working on form. It felt very light. I was taking advantage of the power cage so I could fully deload, which was a big improvement over rack pulls.

Nice! Dig it.

Originally posted by Johnyboy29:

I haven’t, but I’ve heard some good things about it.

Flag Post

Have any of you heard of www.scoobysworkshop.com ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by spazyjosh:

Yup. Some pretty good stuff on there.

Flag Post

I doubt anyone here hasn’t heard of it.

Flag Post

Scooby is a horrible resource for anything.

>skateboard squats

lel

And the only reason scooby’s as big as he is is dat dere clen dbol and hgh cycles

Flag Post

Scooby is a horrible resource for anything

>skateboard squats

lel

Only reason he’s somewhat big is because of dat dere clenbuterol + dbol + hgh cycles.

Flag Post

stop it spam filter you’re not funny

Scooby is a horrible resource for anything

>skateboard squats

lel

Only reason he’s somewhat big is because of dat dere clenbuterol + dbol + hgh cycles.

Flag Post

I like his personality and attitude – there’s some good beginner advice he’s got to give, too. Not bad overall.