Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 66

2167 posts

Flag Post

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here!

In all seriousness, I hope you’re doing better than minoring in chugging for college! What are ya’ studying?

Flag Post

Biological Sciences BA, but I’m transferring so my major can be pre-professional zoology.

And I mostly only party on the weekends. I got drunk on a Tuesday night once…
Never again…

Flag Post
Originally posted by necrobestiality:

Biological Sciences BA, but I’m transferring so my major can be pre-professional zoology.

And I mostly only party on the weekends. I got drunk on a Tuesday night once…
Never again…

Not bad, not bad. Keep up the good work!

Protip

Monday

Friday

Flag Post

Howdy, I’d like some exercises which target definition, I don’t want to gain mass because:
a) Mass is bad for me
b) Even if I wanted to I can’t gain it, last time I tried I got half a kilogram in three months
I don’t have any equipment and no access to a gym because that’s too expensive for me, the only exercise I do right now are sit-ups, push ups, contortion crap, cutting logs with an axe and… that’s pretty much it.
Oh yeah, my left leg is injured so I have to keep an eye on that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lei_wulong:

Howdy, I’d like some exercises which target definition, I don’t want to gain mass because:
a) Mass is bad for me
b) Even if I wanted to I can’t gain it, last time I tried I got half a kilogram in three months
I don’t have any equipment and no access to a gym because that’s too expensive for me, the only exercise I do right now are sit-ups, push ups, contortion crap, cutting logs with an axe and… that’s pretty much it.

Absolutely! Almost all of the exercises in the thread I’m about to post will have a bunch of exercises key for toning. What in particular are you looking to tone?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/291707-exercises-from-health-fitness

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

a) Mass is bad for me

Absolutely! Almost all of the exercises in the thread I’m about to post will have a bunch of exercises key for toning. What in particular are you looking to tone?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/291707-exercises-from-health-fitness

Thanks, just what I was looking for! Before I had to get used to college so I’ve let myself go quite a lot, I used to be skinnystrong but now I’m just skinny. Now that I’m used to it I have a lot of time taking care of my health and such.

Flag Post

I actually ran 1/3rd the 2miles I went yesterday.
I also put on a large shirt comfortably yesterday. Sounds awful, but I like my clothes baggy. I might even be able to fit into a medium now. Not comfortably, but I bet I could.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

a) Mass is bad for me

Thanks, just what I was looking for! Before I had to get used to college so I’ve let myself go quite a lot, I used to be skinnystrong but now I’m just skinny. Now that I’m used to it I have a lot of time taking care of my health and such.

Np, thanks for letting me know how I can help!

Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

I actually ran 1/3rd the 2miles I went yesterday.
I also put on a large shirt comfortably yesterday. Sounds awful, but I like my clothes baggy. I might even be able to fit into a medium now. Not comfortably, but I bet I could.

I dig it, son. Keep it up!

Flag Post

Exercise of the Day!

Lateral Raise

1. Take both of your dumbbells and stand in an open area.
2. Take a sturdy, wide stance (while keeping your back comfortably straight).
3. Keep your arms as straight as you comfortably can (if you need to, you may bend them) and raise them to a “T”.
4. Hold the top of the lift for 5 seconds, then slowly lower them back down. Repeat 7 times for 4 sets.

Flag Post

Exercise of the Day!

Tricep Kick Back

Since these are a little tricky, I’m going to post an instructional video instead of try and explain them, to prevent the confusion of us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeiqKL0jS4

Flag Post

Hey TGH thanks for the words of encouragement in that other thread :)

Do you have any tips on checking your form when deadlifting if you don’t have a partner?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

Hey TGH thanks for the words of encouragement in that other thread :)

Do you have any tips on checking your form when deadlifting if you don’t have a partner?

Doing it in front of a mirror with near excessively low weight. I make a point to deadlift 135 pounds (in front of a mirror) 250 times every week. Now, you don’t have to do that – but I would definitely recommend looking at some proper form and trying to visually copy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ShHqLADwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOXslrhXHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVlJIMeT9M

Flag Post

hey hammer

elbow tendonitis while benching

how fix?

Flag Post

Woo ran a mile today. Or at least half a mile. Maybe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

hey hammer

elbow tendonitis while benching

how fix?

I’d recommend doing exercises which focus on cardio a bit as a start. Since tendons don’t have very good blood-flow, pumping blood, oxygen and nutrients to the area of inflammation.

For other help, I’d need to know if the pain is on the outside or the inside of your elbow. And at any rate, you should definitely take it easy on forearm/shoulder and exercises which target your arms for awhile.

Time for leg work. >:)

Originally posted by XxTheProtectorxX:

Woo ran a mile today. Or at least half a mile. Maybe.

Dig it. /Brofist

Flag Post

Exercise of the Day!

Seated Dumbbell External Rotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BcSXm9Xnn4

Saves us all a bunch of confusion.

PROTIP!! Only go halfway down on these, not full-motion. At least for the first four to six months of doing the exercise.

Flag Post

Do you even lift bro?

Flag Post

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone here had some good music to do workouts to. I’ve found it’s a lot easier to do exercise when I’m listening to music, but I’m starting to get sick of my current selection. Thanks. :)

Flag Post

What do you like?

Flag Post

Hey hammer what’s your opinion on dumbbell shoulder press vs barbell shoulder press?

I switched to dumbbell from barbell and I’m progressing a LOT better, plus sitting avoids being able to have an obnoxious back-arch. But this doesn’t make sense as dumbbells require more stablizers. Maybe it’s because I’m more directly working the front delt instead of cheating by arching?

Flag Post

What do you like?

I’m not sure really. Anything with a good beat, so I can keep in time to it with workouts. So not really slow songs. I was wondering if anyone had any that they did workouts to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIcyHeart:

What do you like?

I’m not sure really. Anything with a good beat, so I can keep in time to it with workouts. So not really slow songs. I was wondering if anyone had any that they did workouts to.

Avenged sevenfold.

Flag Post

What do you like?

Meshuggah

make sure to time your lifts to the beat

Flag Post

Has anyone tried Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 workout? Is boring but big okay for strength gains?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Hey hammer what’s your opinion on dumbbell shoulder press vs barbell shoulder press?

I switched to dumbbell from barbell and I’m progressing a LOT better, plus sitting avoids being able to have an obnoxious back-arch. But this doesn’t make sense as dumbbells require more stablizers. Maybe it’s because I’m more directly working the front delt instead of cheating by arching?

That’s a lot of it – getting rid of the arch. For strength, I normally don’t recommend doing sitting exercises (you’ll still get stronger, though). And for bodybuilding/aesthetic as fuark results, sitting exercises are generally supreme in working exactly what you want to work.

As for my opinion, I love both. Barbell really helps me increase strength, dumbbells really help me increase my form and balance.

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone here had some good music to do workouts to. I’ve found it’s a lot easier to do exercise when I’m listening to music, but I’m starting to get sick of my current selection. Thanks. :)

Here are some bands that frequent my playlists.

Rammstein (ALWAYS)
System of a Down
Znich
Zemfira
AC/DC
Metallica
Apocalyptica
Disturbed
Manowar
Powerman 5000
Dope
Tech N9ne (Only one song)
Sabaton
Queen

My personal favorite songs?

Rammstein – Anything by them.

System of a Down – IEAIAIO and Chop Suey

Znich – Kryzy

Zemfira – You probably wouldn’t like it much, so I won’t post it.

AC/DC – TNT, Back in Black, Shook me All Night Long, Highway to Hell

Metallica – Enter Sandman, Unforgiven, Sad but True

Apocalyptica – Domination and Sad but True cover.

Disturbed – Indestructible, Facade, Ten Thousand Fists, Down with the Sickness, and probably Serpentine.

Manowar – Gods of War, The sons of Odin.

Powerman 5000 – Bombshell, When Worlds Collide

Dope – I’m Back

Tech N9ne – Beast

Sabaton – 40-1

Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Another one bites the Dust