2160 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Sure, I can post a workout. :)

or join a sport team

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Sure, I can post a workout. :)

If you can do it, do it. Don’t wait for someone to ask you. ..

Flag Post

Monday

• Deadlifts – 4 Sets
• Squats – 4 sets
• Shrugs – 4 sets
• Decline Benchpress – 4 sets

Tuesday

• Incline Dumbbell Press – 3 sets
• Flat Bench Press – 3 sets
• Dumbbell Press – 3 sets
• Flyes – 4 sets
• Incline Flyes – 4 sets

Wednesday

• Chinups – 5 sets
• Bar Rows – 4 sets
• T-Bar Rows – 4 sets
• Hanging Leg Raises – 4 sets
• Weighted Decline Crunches – 4 sets

Thursday

• Military Press – 4 sets
• Lateral Raises – 4 sets
• Bar Raise – 4 sets
• Upright Rows – 3 sets

Friday

• Weighted Dips – 4 sets
• Cable Pulldowns – 4 sets
• French Press – 3 sets
• Skullcrushers – 3 sets

Saturday

• Barbell Curls – 4 sets
• Incline Dumbbell Curls – 4 sets
• Dumbbell Curls to Hammer Curls upon fail – 3 sets

Sunday
Rest Day

opinions?

Flag Post

opinions?

86 sets for upper body, 8 sets for lower body. Why aren’t you training your legs more appropriately? They’re half your body. If you keep that up, you’re going to look very disproportionate.

Why are you doing a chest exercise the day before your dedicated chest day? As for your chest day, I don’t see the purpose in doing both flat barbell and dumbbell bench press. Choose one and stick with it, they both work the same muscles. The most important thing when creating a routine is to make it well rounded, balanced, and optimal.

You’re neglecting your back, 13 sets total while your chest and shoulders are getting much more stimulation.

Why do you have two days just for triceps and biceps? You don’t need to focus on them that much, not even if they’re lagging, just include triceps on your push days and biceps on your pull days. They don’t require much work as those muscles are used in those movements. 6 sets each while in the hypertrophy rep range should be enough.

I think you’re doing too much with that routine, six days in a row with one rest day. You grow outside of the gym, when training you’re simply stimulating the muscles. Nutrition and rest play a larger role in muscle growth.

Flag Post

This.

Originally posted by Betelgueze:

I have nothing accomplished :(

Flag Post

Ran 1.5 miles today… Not much else.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatrixJJC:

opinions?

86 sets for upper body, 8 sets for lower body. Why aren’t you training your legs more appropriately? They’re half your body. If you keep that up, you’re going to look very disproportionate.

Why are you doing a chest exercise the day before your dedicated chest day? As for your chest day, I don’t see the purpose in doing both flat barbell and dumbbell bench press. Choose one and stick with it, they both work the same muscles. The most important thing when creating a routine is to make it well rounded, balanced, and optimal.

You’re neglecting your back, 13 sets total while your chest and shoulders are getting much more stimulation.

Why do you have two days just for triceps and biceps? You don’t need to focus on them that much, not even if they’re lagging, just include triceps on your push days and biceps on your pull days. They don’t require much work as those muscles are used in those movements. 6 sets each while in the hypertrophy rep range should be enough.

I think you’re doing too much with that routine, six days in a row with one rest day. You grow outside of the gym, when training you’re simply stimulating the muscles. Nutrition and rest play a larger role in muscle growth.

I honestly don’t know crap about leg lifting aside from squats, leg press and calves. Can you give me some good lifts?

Flag Post

Scratch that last one… I also just did 50 sit-ups and 20 minutes of kettlebell swings. First time I’ve actually had a good workout in 2 or 3 weeks.

Flag Post

Can you give me some good lifts?

Back squats, front squats, deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, hex bar deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, hamstring curls, and lunges. I’d stay away from leg press, it’s not as good as the other lifts mentioned for strength or muscle gains.

Flag Post

Today’s workout

Barbell Deadlift: 3 sets of 4

Pull-up: 3 sets of 10

Push-up: 5 sets of 8

1/2 mile jog (approx.)

Today marks the start of my 2nd week of using Creatine

Flag Post

Today’s workout

Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 4

Sit-up: 2 sets of 25

Barbell curl: 3 sets of 10

4 minutes of Kettlebell snatches (2 min each arm)

4 minutes of Kettlebell clean & presses (2 min each arm)

Flag Post

Yesterday was chest day, and DOMS are killing me so here goes:

Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press: 3 sets 8-12
Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets 8-12
Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets 8-12
Dumbbell Incline Flyes: 4 sets 8-12

Stretching: at least 10 minutes before and after exercise

Flag Post

Stretch day!

Woohoo!

No exercise for me!

Flag Post

I want to add back exercises because I’m sure I’m not doing enough

Can’t do pull-ups just yet so I’ve been doing wide-grip lat pulldowns and also the behind the neck variation.
Also barbell shrugs and lower back weighted extensions

I need better exercises, particularly some for my middle back.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

Deadlifts and squats are some good ones to do for your back.

Flag Post

I’ve been wanting to do deadlifts but I’m pretty sure they’re not allowed at my gym, and in any case none of the trainers I’ve asked know how to deadlift :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

I’ve been wanting to do deadlifts but I’m pretty sure they’re not allowed at my gym, and in any case none of the trainers I’ve asked know how to deadlift :(

It’s incredibly simple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYCvtNKWc8

Flag Post

Bent over barbell rows, t-bar rows, dumbbell rows, and seated rows all target the back well.

Deadlifts and squats are some good ones to do for your back.

Somewhat true. Traditional deadlifts mainly target the lower back, core, hamstrings, and glutes. Squats mainly target the quads, hamstrings, glutes, lower back, and core. If you want to train your whole back, directly train it with exercises that are going to mainly target it.

and in any case none of the trainers I’ve asked know how to deadlift

Go here.

Flag Post

I put my friend on the starting strength 5×5 workout a while ago. I was not sure exactly what the percentages for each set was supposed to be, so it told him it was 65%, 70%, 75%, 80%, 85%. Is that correct? Also, he has stalled out on bench and he has only been doing this workout for two months. He told me he only gets 1500-2000 calories a day. Could that be the cause of him stalling?

Flag Post

I put my friend on the starting strength 5×5 workout a while ago. I was not sure exactly what the percentages for each set was supposed to be, so it told him it was 65%, 70%, 75%, 80%, 85%. Is that correct?

That should be explained here.

Also, he has stalled out on bench and he has only been doing this workout for two months. He told me he only gets 1500-2000 calories a day. Could that be the cause of him stalling?

He’s most likely not eating enough. Tell him to use an online calculator to determine his maintenance calories, then add a surplus of 300-500 calories if his goal is to gain weight and add strength and muscle. MyFitnessPal is excellent for keeping track of calories and macros, it also tells you how much to eat if your goal is to add or lose weight. The calories, carbs, and fat are usually correct, but they set the protein too low. You should be able to find an online calculator for that though.

Flag Post

Today’s workout

Shrugs: 4 sets of 10

Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 6

Back Raise: 3 sets of 10

4 minutes of Kettlebell swings (2 min each arm)

Push-up: 5 sets of 8

And I’m finally done for the week. Woohoo

Flag Post

my workout:
put my arms up and down 50 times before sleeping.
lying on my bed and do my legs up and wait a while. 3 times
going to my grandmother and do 10 times weight lifting. of 10kg.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

my workout:
put my arms up and down 50 times before sleeping.
lying on my bed and do my legs up and wait a while. 3 times
going to my grandmother and do 10 times weight lifting. of 10kg.

Lmao, he calls this a workout

Flag Post

I guess I’ve been working my glutes pretty good this week. My ass has never been this sore (inb4gayjoke)

In other news, I bought a new jug of creatine and protein. And they are both DELICIOUS.

Flag Post

creatine

gtfo