Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 69

2217 posts

Flag Post

A lot of the stories in this are just depressing

Flag Post
Originally posted by Raelito:

A lot of the stories in this are just depressing

A lot of them are taken from loveandcompassionforall though so if you wanna read older stuff i suggest you go there

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by riddleschool:

do all you losers really need a forum thread on a flash game site too help you stay fit?

Nope

Flag Post

do all you losers really need a forum thread on a flash game site too help you stay fit? PATHETIC

January 2012 – Skinny but extremely weak person who started working out (and didn’t like it at first) after seeing all the things in this thread
January 2013 – Eagerly goes to the gym every day, with pretty nice aesthetics
so yes, I do need a thread on a flash gaming site’s forums to at least inspire/help me to stay fit you little piece of shit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Raelito:

do all you losers really need a forum thread on a flash game site too help you stay fit? PATHETIC

January 2012 – Skinny but extremely weak person who started working out (and didn’t like it at first) after seeing all the things in this thread
January 2013 – Eagerly goes to the gym every day, with pretty nice aesthetics
so yes, I do need a thread on a flash gaming site’s forums to at least inspire/help me to stay fit you little piece of shit.

just join a sports team its easier

Flag Post

So, i’ve been doing a powerlifting program for a while, but decided that i would like to try a hypertrophy-based program instead. Is German volume training good for hypertrophy? What are some other good hypertrophy based programs?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Johnyboy29:

So, i’ve been doing a powerlifting program for a while, but decided that i would like to try a hypertrophy-based program instead. Is German volume training good for hypertrophy? What are some other good hypertrophy based programs?

a sports team

Flag Post

Hey guys, I’m back! Sorry for being gone for so long (again…) Life and family have kept me very occupied as of late.

After seeing some of the awesome workouts you guys have posted, I figured I’d contribute and throw in a workout routine that really hits my upper body for a mix of aesthetic and strength results. Even though it does require at least minimal equipment (I sometimes use a big rock or a log if I don’t have access to gym equipment) the exercises that do not are extremely helpful.

Warm up (5-12 minutes)

Ladder and Cone drills (Optional)
Jump Rope (If you have no rope, just simulate the movement to the beat of a song.)
Light stretching
One set of every exercise you’ll be doing at extremely light weight – 8 to 12 reps.

Overhead – 8 Reps @ 70-80%. 4 sets.
Incline Bench Press – 8-12 reps range (the weight should be heavy enough that you can’t go beyond 12 without a pump). 3 sets.
Dips – 3 sets until failure. (Oh my God…)
Heavy Dumbbell Rows – 15 reps (You should not be able to go above 18 reps MAXIMUM). 3 sets each arm.
Band Push Downs – (If your gym, provided you’re going to one, doesn’t have exercise bands, you may do tricep cable push-downs) Wrap the exercise band around a horizontal bar above you, and copy the tricep push-down movement. 15 Reps, 2 sets on each arm.
And to top it off for the day, one set of barbell curls (with an empty bar) until complete failure.

Heavy Dumbbell Row

Tricep Cable Pushdown

This routine is the first of four basic templates that I’ll switch out every work for my upper body, and over many years I’ve found it greatly helps increase aesthetics and size with a leniency towards strength building as well. A great building block!

Flag Post

What muscles does heavy row work?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

My wife suffers from chronic asthma, and for a long time she’s let that dictate what she does/doesn’t do. When she was at school though she trained to do the Ten Tors challenge, and thinking back to that, and also inspired by Paula Radcliffe who also has asthma (though not as severely, I believe), she’s decided to learn to run.

This helps me too. My knee injury is more or less healed, but I need to be very careful getting back into running so that it becomes strong rather than falling apart again. Coaching her through a gradual program should do us both good.

We’ll be doing a 5k race on April 7th (her first race ever), and in just under a year hope to do a full marathon together if all goes well at each stage.

Very inspiring. You two have my best wishes and all of my support!

Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Just bumping this thread for everyone.
Let’s make our own workouts we can do at home. :D Not all of us have a gym membership.

Whoops, didn’t see this before posting that workout, lol. I’ll post up a bodyweight/around the house jimmyrig workout tomorrow, once I’m not so tired. =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

What muscles does heavy row work?

Lat, Rear Deltoid, Bicep as primaries. Traps, Forearms and Major Pectoral as minors. Very good exercise that I utilize a lot in my training!

Flag Post

I actually prefer the dumbbell row over barbell row. I feel it in my lats more. Swapped out BB row for DB row a long time ago.

Originally posted by Aldir:

creatine

gtfo

Flag Post

i dont want to be healthy im already skinny so im satsified

Flag Post

Today’s workout (yes, I worked out at 3am. Not my finest moment)

Barbell squat: 3 sets of 10

Barbell military press: 3 sets of 8

Push-up: 5 sets of 8

Kettlebell high-pull: 4 minutes (2 min each arm)

Barbell calf raise: 3 sets of 8

Flag Post

Today’s workout: Core

1- Roll around in bed working your obliques as you try to find comfort after pissing yourself

2- While you cry profusely, strengthen your core by placing your weight on it. You will cry harder and get stronger.

3- In a deadlifting form, slowly get up from the floor and stand upright. Get back down to vomit, and then repeat 4 more times.

4- Lastly, squat over the toilet bowl and unleash diarrhea. This is guaranteed to make you lose a pound right after performing.

Flag Post

Today’s workout

Speed squat @ 80%. 3 × 8
Stepping lunges with heavy barbell (200 lbs). 3 × 15
Calf raises. 3 × 25
Leg extension (yes, I said leg extension) 3 × 15.

Flag Post

My upper back and shoulders are killing me right now, so I’m just going to stick with lower body today.

Flag Post

>doing romanian deadlifts to see how they feel
>guy comes over
>"thats not how you do deadlifts, those are going to make you’re knees explode"
>"its called a romanian deadlift, i’m just trying it out"
>"you’re not a romanian"
>wat

Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

>doing romanian deadlifts to see how they feel
>guy comes over
>"thats not how you do deadlifts, those are going to make you’re knees explode"
>"its called a romanian deadlift, i’m just trying it out"
>"you’re not a romanian"
>wat

i’ve read that pasta too

Flag Post

Today’s workout

Push-up: 5 sets of 8

Kettlebell Swings: 3 minutes

Kettlebell Cleans: 3 minutes

Kettlebell Clean & Presses: 3 minutes

Kettlebell Squats: 3 minutes

Kettlebell High-pulls: 3 minutes

Kettlebell Snatches: 3 minutes

Flag Post

Today a trainer said I had really good lifting form and perfect timing between lifts and negatives.

Woo.