Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 80

2217 posts

Flag Post

I’ve done about 40km on a mountain trail before (actually 26 miles), and that was an intense workout. Rolby shouldn’t have any problem doing it in a city setting. Good job Rolby

Flag Post

Rolby is full of crap.

Flag Post

Rolby is trying to burn those thunderthighs

Flag Post

20km one-way sounds totally believable to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

To go to school? That sounds believable to you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seesine:

god knows in what kind of hellhole he’s living
anyways, I’ve started making progress, I also found the dumbbells I thought were lost forever :D

Always glad to hear about progress, man. Just as I’m always happy to find lost dumbbells. Keep at it!

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5L32lqk2oM

Flag Post

Laine, you’re looking awfully manly in that video. Lay off the testosterone injections.

Flag Post
Originally posted by niubi:

Oh dear…

Flag Post

How’s muh form, guiz?

Flag Post

Started using a new supplement a few days ago. GNC’s Mega Men Energy & Metabolism
The reviews on it seemed good. It has most of the vitamins that you need for the day, as well as a few other things (Green Tea extract, Caffeine, Taurine, etc).

Flag Post

I squatted my mom for fun. Then I got on tip toes. She’s 80kg.

Flag Post

Also, found a gym 8 blocks from my apartment that lets me do deadlifts and has a power cage. I’m excite. Going tomorrow.

Flag Post

Sorry to point this out.
But lift with your legs, not with your back.
You’ll might break it!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fyre_Hawk:

Sorry to point this out.
But lift with your legs, not with your back.
You’ll might break it!

Lol, you wouldn’t want that to happen.

Flag Post

Started using a new supplement a few days ago. GNC’s Mega Men Energy & Metabolism
The reviews on it seemed good. It has most of the vitamins that you need for the day, as well as a few other things (Green Tea extract, Caffeine, Taurine, etc).

Let me know what you think of that, please.

Originally posted by Aldir:

Also, found a gym 8 blocks from my apartment that lets me do deadlifts and has a power cage. I’m excite. Going tomorrow.

I love power cages and deadlifts. Go for it!

Flag Post

To go to school? That sounds believable to you?

yes it does. my school is far away from my house. cuz i wanted to go to a good school cuz i got a high score for some test at the last year of the primary school, but u guys probably wont believe me. but yea, so i have to cycle 20km to school or just go to it with the train.

Flag Post

CARDIO EVERYDAY

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

Let me know what you think of that, please.

So here are my thoughts so far:

I’ve notice that if I take two at once (the daily dosage is 2), then my appetite is effectively dead. I find it better to have one in the morning and another with dinner.
Definitely not craving junk food anymore, though.

It also effectively replaces coffee in the morning. If I take one as soon as I wake up, I have plenty of energy to start my morning by the time I get out of the shower.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9soBt0rRc

Flag Post

Hey TGH, I want to start training for hypertrophy and endurance. What do you think is a good rep range?

Flag Post

Hey TGH, I want to start training for hypertrophy and endurance. What do you think is a good rep range?

Everyone in person always told me 15 → 30, or as many as you can do in 2-5minutes, however it just depends on the exercise and what you’re using and what kind of endurance you’re looking for.

2000th.

Flag Post

Well the second poster in this thread might be surprised with the response against this thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Everyone in person always told me 15 → 30, or as many as you can do in 2-5minutes, however it just depends on the exercise and what you’re using and what kind of endurance you’re looking for.

2000th.

I’m mainly looking for functional strength and reducing risk of injuries, while still lifting enough weight that I would induce hypertrophy.

Flag Post

Generally what I have found, and what I usually did was very high reps, such as 15-40+, and multiple sets, either broken up by another type of body workout, and then once you get better at it, go for them all at once.
Only issue with it is you won’t build the ability to lift a lot of weight, for example you might not be able to bench a few hundred pounds or something of such, but you will be able to punch hard and keep a higher than average overall strength.

Just depending on the machine/weight/exercise, you generally will want to just do low-medium weight and just increase your reps.
Basically it’s like doing pushups, you’re shit at first, then you slowly increase how many you can do.
As you do so, increase the weight slightly.
Such as 45 → 55pounds or something of such, and then continue on as usual.

I always go for high-high reps if possible, such as doing an entire 25×10 set in a row without stopping unless it gets painful or something of such, but of course, don’t do this right away, work into it.

I’m just talking out of my ass for the most part, but hey, it’s been working when I was doing it. I’d ask TGH directly or wait for him, I was just posting that earlier post so that he had an idea of what you were talking about, or more-so an idea-.