Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 82

2190 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

So, since summer started for me, I decided to do 5 laps in my pool every day. (1 lap is back and fourth) and apparently I lost 6 pounds! :D

Hell yeah, Man. Keep up the good work! Swimming’s an awesome way to trim away unwanted or unnecessary pounds.

Originally posted by audioG:

isolating biceps will leave your body unproportional and you’ll just look ridiculous. as a beginner you need to do compound exercises, maybe one isolation exercise per workout, depending on what you want to grow stronger than the rest.
for example, if you want biceps you should do pull-ups because that also strengthens your forearm grip, your lats and upper back. or a deadlift which trains your lower back, forearm grip and hamstrings. then you can have a curling exercise. 3 sets of 10-12 reps each and bam, bicep/back day is done in about 45 minutes.

Good post! Compound exercises are definitely the key to size and strength.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Hey goldenhammer what’s your teeth brushing routine?

Enjoy your fluoride.

Enjoy your shitty ass teeth.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Reported.

Enjoy your shitty ass teeth.

>Implying
My teeth haven’t had a single issue caused by not brushing, no cavities or anything of such.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Healthy bump
I’ve lost 5 pounds in the last three weeks

Flag Post

I’ve lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Also, what to you guys think about dmaa and it’s potential safety concerns?

Flag Post

bump

Flag Post

250 × 5 rows

I need to work on getting my torso parallel to the floor. I think it was fine for the other sets but I didn’t have anyone to record them.

Flag Post

230 × 3 back squat
230 × 5 × 3

250 × 5 romanian deadlift
250 × 2 × 5
250 × 3 × 3

Those are the first set of each.

A word on squats:
I injured my knees earlier this year non-weightlifting related and couldn’t squat for a couple of months. I started working my way back up from the bar in August. Judging from how these are feeling and I’m progressing I should be back to where I was some time next month.

Flag Post

The fitness center here is awesome.

Flag Post

hey friends do u know a way to train ur sixpack muscles while having fun? like how cycling is fun too but its for legs i want cycling for sixpacks i mean

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

hey friends do u know a way to train ur sixpack muscles while having fun? like how cycling is fun too but its for legs i want cycling for sixpacks i mean

… That’s like asking for the moon.

Flag Post

Cycling is only for legs and cardiovascular health, not for abs.

Flag Post

find a fun way to do crunches

Originally posted by Lightningcould:

he knows that
he is asking for a fun activity for working his abs
like Cycling is a fun activity for working your legs and heart.

Flag Post

Rolby, you need to understand something. Working your abs will not give you a six pack. Working abs does not burn fat on your stomach. To get abs, you need a low body fat percentage, which is achieved by having a caloric intake that is lower than your caloric expenditure. You can do crunches all day long, but if you are still consuming more calories than your body uses, you will not lose body fat, and you will never have visible abs. Find your TDEE, or total daily energy expenditure, and eat 500-1000 calories lower than your TDEE every day. Here is a TDEE calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/. Hope that helps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

The fitness center here is awesome.

Same here. We have two: the Varsity Centre where all the intramural teams train and Hart House which is this big mcfuckhuge complex of everything, weight room, cardio, overhead running track, basketball, squash, tennis courts, martial arts, yoga, BARBER SHOP, FM RADIO

Flag Post

>Doing crunches/ab exercises won’t give you abs
But that’s a lie, they will improve them/tighten your belly area more. You will still need a lower bf%, but without them you’ll still be flabby-cakes.

Flag Post

170 × 3 press: 1 2 3
170 × 5 × 3

I deload next week then start 5/3/1 for pressing.

260 × 3 rows
260 × 3 × 3

Dips x 10 at 250 bodyweight
Dips x 10, 8, 6

I need some more tricep work to help with pressing. I’ll likely start doing close grip bench soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatrixJJC:

170 × 3 press: 1 2 3
170 × 5 × 3

I deload next week then start 5/3/1 for pressing.

260 × 3 rows
260 × 3 × 3

Dips x 10 at 250 bodyweight
Dips x 10, 8, 6

I need some more tricep work to help with pressing. I’ll likely start doing close grip bench soon.

I do 5/3/1 as well. You said you were only going to do it for the press? Any reason?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lightningcould:

>Cycling
>Working legs in any meaningful manner

Not really.

Sure, endurance wise. But won’t build much muscle.

Flag Post
Not really.

It’ll tone them and get them fairly big, not like squatting and all that, but it still will.
Endurance is when it’s easy to pedal, turn your gears up all the way and try it out, slow pedaling, that’s where the strength comes from.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:
Not really.

It’ll tone them and get them fairly big, not like squatting and all that, but it still will.
Endurance is when it’s easy to pedal, turn your gears up all the way and try it out, slow pedaling, that’s where the strength comes from.

Goddamn Zach….

Zach…

What the fuck have I taught you?

There’s no such thing as toning and shit that’s 100+ reps will not add any meaningful size.

Flag Post

You said you were only going to do it for the press? Any reason?

Not only for pressing, I’ve been doing it for the other lifts. I had to halt 5/3/1 for the lifts a few months back because of my knee injury, but I’ll be entering my 6th cycle of it for deadlifts and pressing after my deload.
I completed my 5th cycle of 5/3/1 for deadlifts this week, getting 385 × 3 on my 1+ set. This was my third or fourth week back to pressing, I wanted to build it back up before I applied 5/3/1. I plan to do it for back squats when I’m back to where I was pre-injury as well.

Flag Post
There’s no such thing as toning and shit that’s 100+ reps will not add any meaningful size.

>What are hills/higher settings
Christ