Forums Off-topic

OT's Official Team Fortress 2 Masterthread page 54

1503 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cizinec:

HOW TO DEAL WITH PYROS

Scouts and heavies are straight counters. Just shoot the pyro with your bullet weapons until it dies.
Soldiers and pyros are about tied with pyros. Assuming both players are highly skilled, it will just become a shotgun war.
Demomen are almost entirely countered. Your only real chance is to backtrack while spamming stickies. Hope that the pyro leaves you alone.
Medics will get slaughtered by pyros, but that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.
Snipers and spies can win against pyros if they are at medium range. Pull out your high damage weapons and aim for the head. The closer the pyro gets, the quicker you die to his shotgun.
Engineers have little to worry about as you should have teammates and a sentry around. A good enough pyro can reflect sentry rockets, which can be devastating to your defense. Try and prevent him from doing this by using the wrangler, shotgun, or pistol.

pyros are tied with pyros?!??
=O

Flag Post

Mansmany, that would only work in a tight area. Otherwise you are just going to let the pyro catch up and shotgun you in the face. The pyro will be at even more of an advantage if he has a flare gun.

Crowbar, you are clearly playing against horrible players.

Flag Post

Scouts and heavies are straight counters. Just shoot the pyro with your bullet weapons until it dies.

Heavy? Kinda. But I’ve killed a shitton of heavies. Heavies can’t really kill you unless they see you before you burn them.

Scouts? Depends on the map 100%. Tighter maps? No way. Something like dustbowl? Sure.

Soldiers and pyros are about tied with pyros. Assuming both players are highly skilled, it will just become a shotgun war.

wot

No, It will not become a shotgun war. I agree that they’re pretty even, but it’s not gonna be a goddamn shotgun war. The pyro will just light the soldier up and the soldier will either use the rocket launcher or shotgun.

Snipers and spies can win against pyros if they are at medium range. Pull out your high damage weapons and aim for the head. The closer the pyro gets, the quicker you die to his shotgun.

Snipers? Kind of. But I’m not too focused on killing pyros when I’m a sniper, if I have no other targets? Sure. If there’s a heavy/medic/other high priority target? No.

If spy has the ambas and is a good aim, then maybe at longer range. But pyros are hard as fuck to backstab and WILL kill you if you don’t get it. I personally don’t like backstabbing pyros unless I have to, makes them paranoid and constantly circle shooting the flamethrower.

Engineers have little to worry about as you should have teammates and a sentry around. A good enough pyro can reflect sentry rockets, which can be devastating to your defense. Try and prevent him from doing this by using the wrangler, shotgun, or pistol.

Agree on here.

Flag Post

Engineers have little to worry about as you should have teammates and a sentry around. A good enough pyro can reflect sentry rockets, which can be devastating to your defense. Try and prevent him from doing.

also if your sentry in not in a corner a pyro can just try and run circles around it while destroying it
assuming he can get close enough to it to run circles around it.

Crowbar, you are clearly playing against horrible players.

but i am able to do this in 80% of the matches i go to
(any match that isnt payload that is)

Flag Post

Ciz, it’s a pyro not a damn shotgunner.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PALMISANOLDR:

he has a shotgun that can be very deadly when in combo with his flamethrower.

Flag Post

Yeah I noticed that.

I pretty much ONLY use the shotgun on the pyro if there’s a scout running from me. I tend not to put myself in situations where I’d be out of burn distance for a target.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Yeah I noticed that.

I pretty much ONLY use the shotgun on the pyro if there’s a scout running from me. I tend not to put myself in situations where I’d be out of burn distance for a target.

the stock flamethrower becomes obsolete once you get the degreaser.

Flag Post

A pyro who chooses the stock flamethrower over the rainblower isn’t a pyro at all, anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YukkuriRemi:

A pyro who chooses the stock flamethrower over the rainblower isn’t a pyro at all, anyway.

the rainblower takes up a significant part of your screen and can black your veiw

Flag Post

A pyro who can’t leave behind the need for eyes and become one with the flame isn’t a pyro at all, anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YukkuriRemi:

A pyro who can’t leave behind the need for eyes and become one with the flame isn’t a pyro at all, anyway.

Sight is needed when ambushing a person from above.

Flag Post

Pyros who can’t cloak aren’t spies at all, anyway.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:

Yeah I noticed that.

1: I use the backburner
2: Degreaser sucks, less damage if memory serves.

Flag Post

The backburner is a pretty bad choice. You are greatly limiting your effectiveness against soldiers, demomen, and spies.

The reason I say the shotgun is so useful for the pyro is because the flamethrower is horribly ineffective past dangerously close ranged combat.

Flag Post

I would just like to say to everyone in this thread

you’re all idiots

Goodbye

Flag Post

The reason I say the shotgun is so useful for the pyro is because the flamethrower is horribly ineffective past dangerously close ranged combat.

And.. Why exactly… Would you fight outside of close range as a pyro?

Flag Post

At close range, the degreaser is still better because you can use the axetinguisher.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

At close range, the degreaser is still better because you can use the axetinguisher.

>using melee on pyro except to remove sappers

the fuck

Any class. Just burn the fuck outta them. No need to use melee.

Flag Post

Then you can’t expect to kill a heavy.

Flag Post

Yes. Yes I can.

>Burn them before they see me
>They’re dead in 3 seconds, before they can even rev up with the tomi

Flag Post

i used 2 play as a enginer but den i took a saper 2 da knee LOL XD

Flag Post

Yes. Yes I can.

that is just dumb
what are you even saying?
please tell me you are not saying that you can burn a heavy to death faster than you can axtinguish him.

EDIT:
only if you are using the backburner can you burn a heavy to death that fast
but it is worthless if you cant get behind him
and you pretty much cant use your airblast without running out of ammo.

Yeah I noticed that.

1: I use the backburner
2: Degreaser sucks, less damage if memory serves.

only if you have no idea that the pyro does indeed have other weapons to use.

Flag Post

Yes. Yes I can.

that is just dumb
what are you even saying?
please tell me you are not saying that you can burn a heavy to death faster than you can axtinguish him.

That’s what I’m saying.