Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

Then you can’t expect to kill a heavy.

Yes. Yes I can.

>Burn them before they see me
>They’re dead in 3 seconds, before they can even rev up with the tomi

that is just dumb
what are you even saying?
please tell me you are not saying that you can burn a heavy to death faster than you can axtinguish him.

That’s what I’m saying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

Then you can’t expect to kill a heavy.

Yes. Yes I can.

>Burn them before they see me
>They’re dead in 3 seconds, before they can even rev up with the tomi

that is just dumb
what are you even saying?
please tell me you are not saying that you can burn a heavy to death faster than you can axtinguish him.

That’s what I’m saying.

backburner is much more inconvenient than axtinguisher IMO
and with the degreaser switching weapons is pretty much instant.

i can light a heavy on fire and then shotgun him to death faster than i can burn him down with the stock flamethrower.
and with the extinguisher it only takes 2 hits to kill a heavy.
every other class it only takes 1 hit
and using the axtinguisher with the degreaser is pretty easy if you also use your airblast ability to slow them down or confuse them.

Flag Post

tf2 suks its just a bunch of gay guys shoting each othar

Flag Post

valve is going to eventually update that super cool jet themed pyro weaps right?
i wonder what affects they might add to it, prob something airblast related.
it would still be pretty cool if it was just cosmetic though
i think TF2 needs more cosmetic weaps

Flag Post

i am eventually going to become premium within this week.
i wonder what i should get with 10$

Flag Post

i am eventually going to become premium within this week.
i wonder what i should get with 10$

Foppish Physician, and Mann Milk.
Those are my suggestions.

Flag Post

Zam, any decent player is going to notice you long before you have a chance to begin the burning. This is the reason you pull out your shotgun and try to work things to your advantage. The flamethrower is very handy for supporting yourself, but it all kind of comes crashing down when you use the backburner, because it inhibits the very ability you need to stay alive.

Also, heavies can be unrevved and still kill you before you finish killing them. Your only chance is the axtinguisher, or if they are very stupid and let themselves take unnecessary damage.

Flag Post

i am bored
anyone doing anything TF2 related?
can i bug you?

Flag Post

Isn’t using the High Five to get into the enemy spawn fantastic?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cizinec:

Zam, any decent player is going to notice you long before you have a chance to begin the burning. This is the reason you pull out your shotgun and try to work things to your advantage. The flamethrower is very handy for supporting yourself, but it all kind of comes crashing down when you use the backburner, because it inhibits the very ability you need to stay alive.

Also, heavies can be unrevved and still kill you before you finish killing them. Your only chance is the axtinguisher, or if they are very stupid and let themselves take unnecessary damage.

Do you even know how to properly play as pyro? You only need to airblast in rare situations. You don’t just use the flamethrower to survive rockets and bombs. I rarely use airblast, yet I kill more than any other pyro that tries to push me back. Also, any decent pyro knows that ambushing from the side or behind is the best tactic and you should take cover when spotted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cloth_On_A_Pole:

Isn’t using the High Five to get into the enemy spawn fantastic?

Never done it, always wanted to. We should do it sometime.

Actually, I know a way that you can get into the BLU spawn on Dustbowl as a red spy.

I rarely use airblast

Bad pyro detected.

Flag Post

Degreaser + Reserve Shooter + Axetinguisher is by far the greatest loadout combo in tf2.
You can almost instantly switch to the axetinguisher after igniting the enemy for an immediate 195 damage.
You can airblast a target, then almost instantly switch to the reserve shooter and shoot them for mini-crit damage.
You can shotgun a jumping target for mini-crit damage.
This, with other basic pyro tricks, makes the pyro able to beat any class, even the heavy, one-on-one at a reasonably close range.

Flag Post

Cllazyman, have you even played against good players? The flamethrower is absolute garbage as far as damage goes. It is inconsistent and pretty mediocre unless VERY CLOSE to your enemies. The main reason to use it is for airblasting and rushing. Airblasting is your only chance against soldiers and demomen. Rushing only works when your enemy is reloading or unaware. If they are unaware, they probably don’t know how to play.

Johnrulz, that combo is only effective in one on one, close ranged combat. Heavies and scouts will still slaughter you, other smarter pyros will use the shotgun and slaughter you. You base your entire combo upon your enemy being unaware or unprepared, which is only effective against uncoordinated, unskilled players.

Flag Post

No pyro will ever be able to match a heavy at range, so that doesn’t matter. Retreat+shotgun is what you do there, and you wouldn’t even ave the chance to fire more than three shots.
The clip size disadvantage of the reserve shooter against the scout is counteracted by the fact that scouts jump often enough to get reliable mini-crit damage, which, when the addition of a slightly faster weapon switch, makes you just as effective as a standard pyro. I still advise retreating to a more constricted space that forces the scout to confront you head-on.
There are very few smart pyros. If it turned into a shotgun battle (and I didn’t get a chance to airblast), I would simply have to kill the other pyro in 3 shots, and I might get a chance for 4, considering my faster weapons switch ensures I shoot first.
The tactic is effective against anyone at close range, one on one, not just unskilled players. I always assumed that the pyro was meant to be an ambush-based class anyway. If I find myself in an unfavorable situation, I ignite them, airblast, and retreat while firing my shotgun. I’ll escape alive most of the time.

Flag Post

Demoman?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tetrisman63:

Demoman?

Charge at them and try to time your airblast right. That way, if he kills you, he will often kill himself in the process. If it is a demo knight, airblast his charge then shotgun him, being careful to stay out of his range.

Flag Post

Any scout worth their paprika is going to know not to jump around prepped reserve shooters. Retreating against a scout is a terrible strategic move, as he can just pepper you down with pistol shots and then assault you with a slew of scattergun stew before you even have a chance of escaping. If you actually manage to reach your safe house, then you might have a chance, as long as the scout didn’t whittle down your health too much or if there is some kind of healing thing in the area.

The problem with close ranged combat is that most other classes can easily stay out of it or counter it. You did bring up the point that you can just avoid enemies that are aware or in a favorable situation, but then you are severely lowering your overall usefulness to your team. Medics, snipers, scouts and spies should all be out of range. Soldiers and demomen are admittedly very vulnerable to these attacks as you can just airblast anything they send your way and then finish them off. The soldier can use a shotgun, though, in which case it will be almost entirely a matter of accuracy or preparedness. The heavy will be able to rev up by the time you actually get close to him. Your only chance against most classes is catching them entirely by surprise or in the thick of battle. I’m not exactly saying this tactic is worthless, but it is ineffective in most cases. It is by no means the “beat all, win all” of close ranged combat situations, and that is the only situation where it is effective.

Flag Post

So who here’s played the new Halloween stuff?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CurryBrace:

So who here’s played the new Halloween stuff?

Me. I already killed Merasmus and took his precious hat.

Flag Post

Holy shit
WAVE 666 is incredibly hard
even with infinite money it is almost impossible to beat

Flag Post

gotta love these weekly F2P games steam has been dishing out recently.
Excited to play CSGO
downloaded it in like 15 minutes :)

Flag Post

anyone else playing CS GO?
im gonna buy it soon :)

Flag Post

anyone else playing CS GO?
im gonna buy it soon :)

Yeah. Personally I still like CS:S more.

Anyway, today I was playing spy.
I airstabbed a rocket jumping soldier.
His reaction was something along the lines of “I just got airstabbed by the best spy in the universe.”
Fuck.
I love spy.

Flag Post

not gonna buy CSGO, i missed the deal :(

just became premium though
got some really cool hats and misc
and 100 extra backpack space

Flag Post

i dont want this someone buy it from me