Forums Off-topic

First+last concert

30 posts

Flag Post

What was the first, and the latest concert you went to,
my first was the bootlegged Beatles and the latest was Nickelback.

Flag Post

First: Fields Of Rock with Slayer, Motörhead, Black Sabbath and others.
Last: Ashes To Ashes, Doom To Dust with Krux, Bunkur, Mordor and others.

Flag Post

First i think was slipknot or SOAD back when i had shit taste.

My last one was Opeth.

Flag Post

First notable gig: Job For a Cowboy.

Favourite gig so far: Defenders of the Faith ’08 (what an amazing gig) or Velvet Revolver.

Last notable gig: Underoath.

Flag Post

I forgot my first, but the last one was Linkin Park and Busta Rhymes

Flag Post

1st- Bone Thugs N Harmony(10 bucks and free beer)

last- Pepper

Flag Post

I’ve never been to a concert.

Flag Post

If I were spending $30 for a night out, I’d go see a baseball game instead of going to a concert. So I’ve never been to one.

Flag Post

Never been to one. Was going to go to Bowling for Soup when they came here last summer, but I missed it. :( Oh well.

-Deriaz

Flag Post

first: Hilltop Hoods

last: I killed the prom queen / Bring me the horizon

Flag Post

“First i think was slipknot or SOAD back when i had shit taste.

My last one was Opeth."

So you still have shit taste?

Flag Post

Taste is a matter of opinion. What’s wrong with Opeth anyway?

Flag Post

Opeth is a class act. Live they’re good, in the studio they’re good. They are respectable people to whom aren’t elitist ass hats like yourself.

Flag Post

first – V festival 2004 (featuring such acts as Elbow, Kings of Leon, Massive Attack, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Fountains of Wayne and Kasabian) ££££££ so good

last – a band my mate’s in playing at a pub

was also supposed to be seeing the Hold Steady next week in London but they cancelled the dang tour because one of them’s sick :((((

Seeing Feeder and Elbow later in the month though so :))))

Flag Post

First-Machine Head (Sikth and Breed 77 supporting)
Last (last night in fact)-Thrashing Like a Maniac Tour (Gama Bomb and Bonded By Blood with Sworn Amongst supporting)

Flag Post

Obviously taste is a matter of opinion. Duh.

And Opeth is good, surely, but they are hugely overrated. Most of their music is but random parts connected randomly together in a random way. Uh, did I mention random already?

Anyway, I can understand the appeal because of their “brutalness” and at the same time “subtlety”, but there is much better stuff out their in terms of both brutalness and atmosphere. My opinion → brilliant musicians, lacking in the songwriting (and then mostly the coherency) department.

Flag Post

On a side-note, I’m only an elitist/jerk on THIS forum.

Flag Post

my first one was The Mars Volta and my last was The Devil Wears Prada.

Flag Post

First :- Lost prophets W/ Taking back Sunday and Aiden

Let’s get this clear: I only went for the support. And that probably didn’t put me in any more of your good-books but I don’t care.

Last :- Funeral For a Friend W/ Cancer bats, In Case of Fire, Attack! Attack!

The support was shite, but FFaF were the closest any band has ever been to topping 36 Crazyfists’ performance when I saw them.

Still got Fightstar, Finch, Dashboard Confessional (shut up) and 36 crazyfists (twice) lined up. Go me.

Flag Post

My first concert was actually last year. It was to see The Stitch Up, Suburban Legends, and Streelight Manifesto. The main act was Streelight Manifesto the concert was in a a club about 45 minutes from my house….definitely of the greatest experiences of my life so far! It was super fun skankin’ in that circle pit with everyone and their sister squished shoulder to shoulder

My latest “concert” was a local show in some kids backyard with a few bands that I forgot the names of :p

Flag Post

UPDATE
last night I saw MOTORHEAD acompaned by Danko Jones(?) and SAXON :)

It was loud and good

Flag Post

first-nickelback
last-the hives

Flag Post

1st – Iron Maiden

Last (Oct 11th…12th?) – Yonder Mountain (not my thing, but it wasn’t my turn)

Flag Post

First: Dragonforce with Bleeding Through
Last: Nine Inch Nails (Best Show Ever!)

Flag Post

first: This place called “The Ike Box” with lots of terrible bands.
last: Children of Bodom.