Forums Off-topic

Mini Fish Screensaver Idle

81 posts

Flag Post

Hi everybody! Get ready for a text based infomercial that you’ll never forget!

Tired of going to the trouble of searching for and starting up your favorite idle game? Wish it would simply start it self up on its own when you leave the keyboard? WELL NOW YOU CAN! With, Mini Fish Screensaver Idle! Simply download, install, and let the fun begin! Every time you leave the keyboard, you will be accompanied by soothing underwater sounds, and a beautiful aquarium. Watch as your aquarium levels up and expands in population, as well as biodiversity. Collect up 25 different slots for fish and over 50 different species of marine life! The best part is, you’ll never get bored of your dull aquarium with the same old fish, since there will be different fish in your aquarium every time you visit! Now I know what you are thinking, ‘This is amazing! What vast amounts of money must I pay to the developer in exchange for this stupendous screensaver?’, well today is your lucky day, because Mini Fish Screensaver Idle is a big Z-E-R-O dollars! You heard me, IT’S FREE!

Download Mini Fish Screensaver Idle now by simply clicking this link! If you’d rather the screensaver exit on mouse events, you can download an older version which does so, here.

Also, if you are for any reason unable to install Mini Fish Screensaver Idle, you can still play it online here.

By the way, mods, this isn’t a spam thread, just something to show people the thing I made. If you feel like it belongs in a different forum, feel free to move it.

Flag Post

I think you should put the notice in the beginning, or make it bold :)

Flag Post

By the way, mods, this isn’t a spam thread,

But it’s a big block of text that I can’t be arsed to read! Eh, I’ll just let it be.

Flag Post

Somebody virus scan the executable please, thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by GraphicDesignC:

Yeah, do this, I want people to be sure that I’m telling the truth about this being safe. :)

Originally posted by AlextheGreat13:

By the way, mods, this isn’t a spam thread,

But it’s a big block of text that I can’t be arsed to read! Eh, I’ll just let it be.

Proving Zshadow totally made the right decision in modding you, as always, I see. :3

Flag Post

Virus free, my friend.

Not bad screensaver. I don’t use screensavers, though.

Flag Post

I already have an aquarium screensaver idle :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

I already have an aquarium screensaver idle :P

Really? I didn’t even know they made those. :\

Flag Post
Originally posted by Casper_D:

Virus free, my friend.

Not bad screensaver. I don’t use screensavers, though.

Cool thanks.

Flag Post

I’m really happy with how it turned out, it was originally not nearly as good as it is now, but I kept working on it, though I only took a few days to make anyway, it was supposed to be an hour thing.

Flag Post

Sorry for the double post, guys, but I just wanted to say, I really appreciate kongregate right now. My visit to newgrounds reminded me that. I basically went there, and reposted the OP, but with an intro telling how I’m from kongregate and wanted to share this with them. It turned out like the day the earth stood still. The mods deleted the thread and gave me a 24 hour ban a couple minutes after I posted it. IT WAS MY FIRST POST! Who gives somebody a 24 hour ban, for their first offence, first post? I mean, I could under stand if I had just posted a slur of gibberish, but I didn’t, I posted a thread which I made clear that I thought it was following the rules, and they banned me for it.

You guys didn’t even lock it. Love you! <3

Flag Post

A testament to the leniency of this site’s moderation.
They’ll let any old shit stay :P
Not that I’m implying your creation is just “any old shit” at all, it actually sounds really nice.

Flag Post

^Thanks. I don’t so much mind the fact that they deleted it if they felt like it was spam, but that they gave me a pretty long ban, on my first offence/post. No warnings or explanations as to why.

Flag Post

Wow, this looks awesome. Are there turtles? I like turtles.

Flag Post

I just completed update 1.1. It is mainly minor graphical changes, but I highly recommend you download it if you are still early in the game (under level 25 is still somewhat early).

WARNING: If if you install the update, any progress will be lost. I repeat, if you install the update, you WILL lose your save from earlier versions.

You can download version 1.1 here. I have also changed the link in the OP to go to the download for 1.1.

Update notes

- Replaced the plain green level 6 fish with a white fish with yellow speckles
- Replaced the octagon level 18 fish with a generic, fat, fish
- Added a swimming animation to a ton previously unanimated fish
- Changed the level 16 fish’s tail to be more like the level 1 and level 2 fishs’ tails
- Removed a piece of code which may have been slowing the game down a small amount

Flag Post

If you made this a game on Kongregate, I’d play it.

Flag Post

I’ll probably put it up on Kongregate tomorrow for mac users to play. I just want it to be primary used as a screensaver, since that’s what it’s made for.

Also, you totally don’t already have an idle game screensaver. This thread is the first thing that comes up on google when you search ‘screensaver idle game’.

Flag Post

This is actually pretty cool, though I’ll probably not see it much since It only appears when I’m not using my computer. Which is usually when I’m not home.

Flag Post

Thanks. Still, nice to check in every, eh?

Flag Post

Is this for Mac? Does it only “level you up” or whatever when your computer goes to screensaver mode?

Flag Post

I don’t think it’s compatible with macs, but you should try just to be sure. It only levels up when in screensaver mode, otherwise I’d have to use your clock to calculate how much time it’s been since the screensaver last rand, making it easy to cheat.

Flag Post

I’ll probably put it up on Kongregate tomorrow for mac users to play.

Why only mac users?

Also, you totally don’t already have an idle game screensaver. This thread is the first thing that comes up on google when you search ‘screensaver idle game’.

Google “Insaniquarium Deluxe”.
It’s an aquarium game that you can set as your screensaver, so you can have it earning the in-game currency while you’re away.
Whilst it’s not technically an idle game, does that not at least sound like an idle mode?

Flag Post
Why only mac users?

Windows users too, but I’m not sure that mac users can run screensavers, so they actually need this to play it.

Google “Insaniquarium Deluxe”.
It’s an aquarium game that you can set as your screensaver, so you can have it earning the in-game currency while you’re away.
Whilst it’s not technically an idle game, does that not at least sound like an idle mode?

Yeah, I have insane aquarium. It’s hardly an idle game, you can only progress in any way with the right combination of helping fish and it ends really fast. I collected a massive amount of money and got almost every rare fish in about a week. Also, unlike my screensaver, it costs money.

Flag Post

It’s hardly an idle game, you can only progress in any way with the right combination of helping fish and it ends really fast.

Set your aquarium as your screensaver, use the jellyfish and the snail.
They’ll automatically collect the coins that are dropped.
Leave that going overnight or whenever you’re out, that’s essentially an idle mode.

Also, unlike my screensaver, it costs money.

I’ve already paid that money though, so that isn’t much of a point for me :P

Flag Post

Well, as I said, it only takes about a week to do everything there is to do in that game.