Forums Off-topic

Joystik.net

27 posts

Flag Post

Hello there Kongregans! I’m looking for someone interested in making a site with me. The site will be like Kongregate, but will be different. To clarify, I do not want to fight against Kongregate, this is just something I want to do. I haven’t registered the domain name yet, but I will soon. I plan on putting adsense on every page on the site, and will split profits with whoever wants to work with me. Now, let me explain:

In the website, instead of uploading, I will contact the authors, and see if they allow me to place their game on my site. I want there to be a chat window like Kongregate next to the game, and a BBS. Also, the ability for users to sign up. I’m looking for someone who can do this. Please post here if you meet these qualifications. My AIM is RetronPants. Thanks.

Flag Post

I would like to help with something, Anything actually. Not just for profits, I want to be part of something important! I will help with anything…

Flag Post

Not for profits? Do you have an AIM? Add me.

Flag Post

I’m uninterested but I added you in AIM lolz.

Flag Post

I’d be intested, seeing as I’ve helped make those kinds of things before. I wouldn’t really be interested in profits, but more of the fact that I’d be in charge of something like that. Kind of like how Jim Greer feels. Unless he’s contemplating suicide, which I doubt he is.

Flag Post

I HAVE NO AIM, woops caps lock sorry…

Flag Post

i could do art work for free griffin998@hotmail.co.uk

Flag Post

Wait, I don’t have AIM, but I’m working on it. My name will be _*PlanetaryEagle_*

Flag Post

the site sounds like its going to be awsome

Flag Post

I’ll be one of the first to sign up!

Flag Post

Lol, everyone, I’ve got the WHOLE website planned out, from, profiles to forums, chatrooms to Challenges, Level ups, Gaining points, Upload systems, the works. If you want me to tell you everything, email me at darkwings123@hotmail.com

Flag Post

Hold on, I’ve got a Question. If we are making this website, when are we going to start? And how is it going to work, concerning sharing the amount of stuff to do?

Flag Post

wow that website kind of seems like a rip-off of kongregate come up with some original ideas

Flag Post

What? Where’d you get that from? Fair enough, it’s Retron’s website, but if we used my ideas to make this website, it would be nothing like Kongregate. Of course, it depends on Retron. If he wants it to be like Kongregate, then I don’t really want to be involved. If I knew it was going to be a rip-off, I wouldn’t have got involved.

EDIT: Besides, most serious game sites have level ups, forums, etc. etc.

Flag Post

wow that website kind of seems like a rip-off of kongregate come up with some original ideas

Your use of bolded words must really impress people.

Despite that, I think the OP is well aware of his idea’s similarity to Kongregate. Pointing it out isn’t really helping things.

Flag Post

Like I said, this is not intended to compete with Kongregate. It’s just something I want to do.

Flag Post

Current list:

Retron – Graphic design, hosting, web design.

Henry – This and that.

DarkChameleon – Planning and coding, I hope.

Griffin999 – Graphic design.

Flag Post

Well, DarkChameleon, I would really love to use your ideas. I really don’t want this to be some lame Kong-ripoff.

Flag Post

Money will be split after implementing AdSense. I have an MSN, too. carlos122095@hotmail.com.

Flag Post

XD Thanks! Well, to be honest, some of the stuff is like Kongregate, but that’s only the stuff that you’d expect everygame site to have. Chatrooms, and the ideas I have for challenges are the most similar ideas, but I think that’s it. I also have other ideas, but I shouldn’t mention them in public, just in case we go through with this website, and one of the most promising features is spoilt because someone mentioned it on a Kongregate forum topic some time ago. Also, I’m a fairly good programmer, so yeah, I’ll do planning and coding.
… I had kick-ass ideas for the website design, but I guess you and Griff should do it.

Flag Post

Wait, I take it you haven’t started graphic designing it yet? I’ve got a sort of template page… you know, what shows up on every page? Like, for example, the Kongregate banner at the top, your name, points, links, searchbar, etc, etc. Well, it’s not that great, but, you might want to look at it, and then when we are making the site, you could sort of, I don’t know, build on it? It’s in pencil, by the way, so don’t expect some sort of digitalised marvel.

Flag Post

Ok, right… I can’t show you the pictures now, because my virtual memory’s too low to hold it on the computer, and the laptop downstairs doesn’t have a scanner.

On a lesser note to Retron: I didn’t reply to you on Barrens the other night (well, afternoon where you live) for two reasons:

I don’t know how to talk to people privately (which is what you were doing)

My Mum walked in seconds after you posted. I was supposed to be in my room by that time, so I got sent off the computer.

Flag Post

Alright Dark, you can PM me by typing /w Retron {message goes here}.

Flag Post

Uh, if its not too late, I’m interested too….

Flag Post

Nope, It’s not too late. As soon as Dark sends me the stuff to carlosalbors@gmail.com, then we can begin. In the meantime, please tell me your AIM’s/MSN’s.