Forums Off-topic

what happens if you travel with the speed of light?

58 posts

Flag Post

IF.not that we CAN.IF we could,what would happen then?heard that you reborn.also that you could get back in time.

Flag Post

War. Nuclear. Apocalypse. Etc.

Flag Post

what happens is that you use a wormhole and it explodes.nothing spicial.

Flag Post

if you went at the speed of light you would create a wormhole and and if that were to happen it would keep growing until it ingulfed the whole dimmension then it implode in on itself looping over and over intil we have the big bang again reseting everything like it was before you went through the wormhole

Flag Post

Nothing would happen except the pressure would kill you.If you could stableize that pressure,Whatever intelligence drivin it would crash it.

Flag Post

if you do that it will either

a do time travel
or
b completey die forever and ever

Flag Post

If something the mass of a human, even smaller, traveled at the speed of light…

1. You’d die from broken spine

2. You’d destroy everything you passed

3. You’d possibly destroy the matter around you; bad

4. You’d die from lack of energy

5. The oxygen would get whipped around you can you wouldn’t be able to breath

Flag Post

Exactly.

Flag Post

Greg.

Flag Post

There are in fact G forces in space. If you were to be travel at 670616629.4 Mph even the tiniest gravitational pull could tear your body apart.

Flag Post

Would the same happen if the entire rest of the universe (except you) travelled at that speed in the other direction?

The gravitational force is not affected by the relative velocities of the objects in question.

Flag Post

You would progress through time at a much slower rate than everything else.

Also if you tried to travel through any medium other then completely empty space you’d be incinerated in an instant.

Flag Post

Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.
Surrender now or prepare to fight.
But yes, you would probably destroy a lot around you since you are moving so fast. You can’t even see light move. :/

Flag Post

This guys appears but 80 times larger….

Flag Post

wow i never knew these things.but now i do : )

happy i cant travel with the speed of light!!

Flag Post
Every thing would go backwards. If you were going down a slide, you're going up. It will keep on going backwards even before the big bang, and never stop. Although i dont understand how that doesnt happen when stars use the speed of light... Or black holes... FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT! Imagine if we were the speed of a black hole :/ ___________________ the earth: l BOOM! l ----------------------

Flag Post

You become god.

Flag Post

As Forseti (sorta) said, if Team Rocket can move at the speed of light, then so can anyone else. You might get a few bruises, but nothing else would happen.

Flag Post

you go vrooooooooooom!!!!! then you spontaneously combust.

Flag Post

you’ll get a huge speeding ticket

Flag Post

The world will explode.

Flag Post

so if we travel at the speed of light

we’re boned

Flag Post

you die. i dont know what else but i know you would die cause that is just kinda obvious

Flag Post

Mass doesn’t increase with speed.
Mass is the amount of physical matter the object contains (protons, neutrons, electrons, etc.), and that value most certainly doesn’t increase as the object’s speed increases.

Flag Post

Read through this

What that link you gave me is talking about is relativistic mass. “The relativistic mass includes a contribution from the kinetic energy of the body”, meaning that it isn’t actually the object’s mass; it’s the object’s momentum.