Forums Off-topic

Need a bit of computer help! [resolved] (locked)

36 posts

Flag Post

Okay, as soon as I got this virus off my computer, it broke. D:<

Basically, I had my computer on my desk. I took it with me to the other room, sat it down on the floor for a minute to use the bathroom, came back, and then I fell asleep. (The laptop was closed all night) and when I woke up the next day, it won’t turn on. (It was unplugged all night.)

Any clue as to what happened to it, what damage was caused, and what I should go about doing?

Thanks. :D

EDIT: I’ve tried plugging it in! XD

Flag Post

1.Plug It Back In
2.Take It In For Checks?
3.Crack It Open And See If Anythings Out Of Place

Flag Post

Most likely was/is out of juice. Plug it back in and try it again.

Flag Post

Darn, I forgot to put that in the recollection of what happened…

Even if I plug it back in (it’s been plugged in all day now) It won’t turn back on.

Flag Post

Its Hammer Time Then

Flag Post

What would I “take apart” in order to see what’s wrong? I’m not exactly “computer savvy.” =/

Flag Post

The Computer Part…With The Drives

The Part You Put CDs In….

Flag Post

So it still doesn’t turn on, even while plugged in?

Are there any status lights lit on the body of the laptop? Like, is the light that indicates it has mains power going?

Flag Post

Try plugging it in to a different circuit, I have a feeling the one you are plugging it into is blown or something.

Flag Post

Dude off topic isn’t the place to be talkijng about your computer problems, there a category called tecnical support or programming for stuff like that.

Flag Post

Unplug it, take out the battery, hold down the power button, then put the battery back in, plug it back in, and try turning it on. Worked for me last time that happened.

Flag Post

Are there any status lights lit on the body of the laptop? Like, is the light that indicates it has mains power going?

Sadly, nope.

Unplug it, take out the battery, hold down the power button, then put the battery back in, plug it back in, and try turning it on. Worked for me last time that happened.

Hm. Sounds odd… But can’t hurt trying, right? Thanks in advance if it works. ;D

Flag Post
Originally posted by PlatinumIce:

Sadly, nope.

Then the laptop isn’t getting any power from the outlet. Try a different outlet, or plug something else in to see if the outlet is working (not your finger).

Flag Post

watever i think you nned to let the thing rest or take it in to your nearest best buy or something. Or maybe check the cord maybe its broken.

Flag Post

yeah get a new one perhaps

Flag Post

Then the laptop isn’t getting any power from the outlet. Try a different outlet, or plug something else in to see if the outlet is working (not your finger).

Yeah, I’ve tried several outlets. About seven different outlets, actually. I plan on taking the computer to Best Buy or Circuit City to get it looked at next weekend.

Also, is there any chance it could be something wrong with the battery?

Flag Post

Wait… HOW ARE YOU COMMENTING WITHOUT A COMPUTER?!

Flag Post

Wait… HOW ARE YOU COMMENTING WITHOUT A COMPUTER?!

Of course, I’m sending my messages through a series of underground tunnels which contain rats. The rats whisper the message to each other, all the way to one big rat who has it’s tail covered in ink. That rat writes it on paper, and then my mindcontrolled victim helper types the words. Duh.

Seriously, I’m using my parents computer.

Flag Post

Ok… Good

Flag Post

Wow. You are a fracking saviour. It worked.

I wish you could’ve seen the look on my face, it was if a relative I thought was dead came back to me.

XD Thanks for that advice.

Flag Post

[post deleted]

Flag Post

get a pillar drill

Flag Post

dude u can say ##, you know.

It’s not a good practice to use such “strong” words over the forums or chatrooms.

Flag Post

Well it’s probably not working as well as it could, so get the virus back on your computer and do your online banking.

Flag Post

smack it around and show it who is boss

use a baseball bat if it doesn’t get it the first time