Forums Off-topic

[PETITION] New Forum Time!

239 posts

Flag Post

Reasoning behind this petition

If you’ve been around a few months ago, and checked out some of the popular threads here, you might have seen that there was a discussion (several, actually) about the possibility of that thread getting a new forum. Now as per usual, there was some resistance from a few active members, and after a few days I came up with an idea for a new forum, where the members of that particular forum can get what they wanted with a new forum, while also allowing the mods to not “pick favorites” and give the forum a wide area of discussion that would also keep up the activity of it.


My Idea/Proposal

The idea I came up with for this forum was fairly simple; just a place where people can discuss videos (both from the TV and the Internet), music, (Web) Comics, and various other entertainment ports. (Excluding Video games, since we already have that)


Q&A Time


Q. What will this forum be called?

A. The name I came up with was “Non-Gaming Entertainment,” but it’s still open for discussion.


Q. What will this forum be about, exactly?

A. As I said before, it will be about discussion (and possibly creation) of various modems of entertainment. (Like music, videos, art, comics, etc.)


Q. This is just a way to get the Music Forum back, isn’t it?

A. Crap, you got me. I-I mean, not really, my original idea was for a forum dedicated to a single (yet very popular) topic, and after the mods said they couldn’t do that due to some stuff about “favoritism,” so I decided that a forum with a wider area of discussion would be more popular have less “favoritism”, and it would get more signatures.



Feel free to ask any questions regarding this, or make any changes or additions to my idea, since a single person’s idea is no-where near as good as a groups collective ideas.

 
Flag Post

Signatures:

1. tenco1
2. Darkscanner
3. wreckgar39
4. DrOctaganapus2
5. Strawuni
6. devourer359
7. denamo
8. Raelito
9. Rich112
10. gaminguru
11. Blood_Shadow55
12. uzzbuzz
13. bjjdude
14. zombieluigi
15. 35Kdog
16. SAl37
17. Redfin_802
18. Indy111
19. EliteKitten
20. tttttt
21. TheFameBoy64
22. Ruudiluca

 
Flag Post

Good idea.

I’ve never really liked having to confine all my youtube talk in one thread. I assume we’d get to make MLP threads as well.

*Signs *

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:

Good idea.

Sign!

Yay, people like my idurs!

 
Flag Post

So, “Entertainment”?
I’m guessing music would fall into this forum, too.
Which would leave Off-Topic even shittier.

 
Flag Post

I’m sorry, but this would never work
You need to keep in mind the fact that there are many different new trends on the Internet, ergo there are many new fanbases forming
Getting a bunch of fanbases together may end in disaster due to the fact that there are several fanbases who may consider another fanbase ‘their arch nemesis’ or something or the sort

You must also keep in mind that this may start a trend
That trend being the constant begging in regards to getting a new forum for a specific topic
Administrators do not need any sort of pestering over such trivial things when they have much larger issues on their hands

Creating a forum specifically for media would also make it much easier to start some sort of flame war
This is due to the fact that trolls/flamers no longer have to scope out certain threads to troll the users who are into whatever the thread is about
Every thread they could ever want to troll would be right there for them to torment

I’m sorry, but I cannot agree to this

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

So, “Entertainment”?
I’m guessing music would fall into this forum, too.
Which would leave Off-Topic even shittier.

I said so, so yeah.

But it would also make some giant previously giant threads into smaller, more manageable threads.

And you would always have another forum to make shittier go to.

Originally posted by Darkscanner:

I’ve never really liked having to confine all my youtube talk in one thread. I assume we’d get to make MLP threads as well.

Where do you think I got the idea from?

Along with almost any anime (hentai doesn’t count), and several other shows.

Except if they’re shitty, then they can only be trashed.

Originally posted by ArcadianFire:

We already have shit like this, it’s not going to just pop into existence because of this, since it’s already existing here right now.

 
Flag Post
Getting a bunch of fanbases together may end in disaster due to the fact that there are several fanbases who may consider another fanbase ‘their arch nemesis

I like to think the people on kongregate are less stupid than that.

Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:
I’m guessing music would fall into this forum, too.
Which would leave Off-Topic even shittier.

Honestly, I don’t think it would affect it that much, besides sucking away some of the users. Most of the video and music related stuff is confined to masterthreads, so it’d mainly only damage those.
 
Flag Post

I support this. Sign my name.

 
Flag Post

But we already discuss all of those in OT.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRoflWaffle:

But we already discuss all of those in OT.

Yeah, but a lot of them have to be in masterthreads, and that’s just not the same as individual threads.
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
I like to think the people on kongregate are less stupid than that.

> People of Kongregate
> Smart

lolno.

Honestly, I don’t think it would affect it that much, besides sucking away some of the users. Most of the video and music related stuff is confined to masterthreads, so it’d mainly only damage those.

And they aren’t all too big, nor are they too necessary for activity.

Originally posted by TheRoflWaffle:

But we already discuss all of those in OT.

Yes, and we discuss games in OT too, your point?

Originally posted by Darkscanner:
Originally posted by TheRoflWaffle:

But we already discuss all of those in OT.

Yeah, but a lot of them have to be in masterthreads, and that’s just not the same as individual threads.

Heavily agreed.

 
Flag Post

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
I like to think the people on kongregate are less stupid than that.

> People of Kongregate
> Smart

lolno.

Are you sure you read my post? I promise you, it in no way implies that the people on this site are intelligent

Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

A pony forum isn’t going to happen, but this might. A word of advice, take what you can get.
 
Flag Post

I like to think the people on kongregate are less stupid than that.

In that case, you’re going to be staying hopeful for quite the period of time
In all honesty, people on the Internet are not the cream de la crem when it comes to global intelligence

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcadianFire:


Getting a bunch of fanbases together may end in disaster due to the fact that there are several fanbases who may consider another fanbase ‘their arch nemesis’ or something or the sort

You must also keep in mind that this may start a trend

I think that people are more mature than that, especially on Kongregate.


That trend being the constant begging in regards to getting a new forum for a specific topic
Administrators do not need any sort of pestering over such trivial things when they have much larger issues on their hands


Adding one forum will not cause people to add another forum. Besides, admins have been making game forums for a long time like the Anti-Idle forum.

Creating a forum specifically for media would also make it much easier to start some sort of flame war
This is due to the fact that trolls/flamers no longer have to scope out certain threads to troll the users who are into whatever the thread is about
Every thread they could ever want to troll would be right there for them to torment


This just leaves a permaban for them to worry about.
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.


MLP is not special.
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

I never said anything about MLP not getting its own forum.

How about you take MLP out of the equation, and just evaluate this forum without taking into account your brony bias?

Originally posted by cllazyman:

I love you now.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
I like to think the people on kongregate are less stupid than that.

> People of Kongregate
> Smart

lolno.

Are you sure you read my post? I promise you, it in no way implies that the people on this site are intelligent
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

A pony forum isn’t going to happen, but this might. A word of advice, take what you can get.

Why would I take something if I prefer what I have?

I’m against this. It would cause massive separations and disruptions.

Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

I never said anything about MLP not getting its own forum.

How about you take MLP out of the equation, and just evaluate this forum without taking into account your brony bias?

If we got a forum like you describe, we’d be forced to move there

 
Flag Post

^I’m at loss as how you could prefer a single thread, to infinity…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

Why would I take something if I prefer what I have?

I’m against this. It would cause massive separations and disruptions.

But what if you would prefer the other thing much more, and you are just not giving it the chance it deserves?

And the separations/disruptions would either not happen, be too small to be cause for concern, or just sort out over time.

Wait, what are you talking about with the separations/disruptions thing?

Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

If we got a forum like you describe, we’d be forced to move there

And that would be bad because…?

Originally posted by Darkscanner:

I’m at loss as how you could prefer a single thread, to infinity…

I think it’s because it’s his thread.

 
Flag Post

This is gay

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

Brony’s/Bronyism/Whatever you wanna call it is just a fad. As much as you’d hate to believe it, you and I both know the Brony sensation is going to die down eventually. What will be of the thread? Like most of the game forums, it’s going to wither up and be just “That forum that used to be famous”.

 
Flag Post

admins have been making game forums for a long time like the Anti-Idle forum.

That is different
Those forums were designed to discuss those games in particular
Having a forum for a specific game is understandable, especially considering the games featured in these forums are generally made by Kongregate
It is essentially there way of promoting their games in a very subtle manner

Those forums are also temporary due to the fact that games become unpopular as quickly as they became popular (with a few exceptions)
These forums do not last forever due to the fact that the games featured in them eventually lose their spark to the people playing them

Adding one forum will not cause people to add another forum.

That is not true
When one forum is created, it will put people in the classic ‘Oh, these people got a forum for their stuff, so I should get one for my stuff, too’ mind-set
This would likely cause many more petition threads similar to this to arise

Petitions generally do nothing, as it is
Yes, there was that one time when the people of OT came together and signed a petition to create FGF, but that was once
The petitions that were designed to bring back the Music Forum never worked, nor did petitions that were made to add certain featured to Kong (e.g. petitions made to bring back YouTube video embedding)

I think that people are more than that, especially on Kongregate.

This is the Internet
You need to keep that in mind

This just leaves a permaban for them to worry about.

Permabans are not anything that trolls fret over
Mafefe gets banned on a constant basis, as does MFT, yet they still come back on a daily basis to do what they do

 
Flag Post

So, a “Media” forum?

This would reduce OT to nothing but pictures of MFT’s you know what.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MooseDishes:

This is gay

Well, that was a compliment, thanks to that other petition to make ‘gay’ mean ‘happy’ again. :D