Forums Off-topic

[PETITION] New Forum Time! page 2

239 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

Brony’s/Bronyism/Whatever you wanna call it is just a fad.

Just like the Star Trek/Star Wars/Doctor Who fandoms, right?

And even if MLP does die down (which wont be anytime soon), the creative materials that made it would still be there and be able to make more things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
Originally posted by MooseDishes:

This is gay

Well, that was a compliment, thanks to that other petition to make ‘gay’ mean ‘happy’ again. :D

No, I mean to say this fucking sucks dick. Straight up, juggling cock with their hands as they thought of this thread.

Flag Post

I guess I will sign it.

Flag Post

This is gay

Well, that was a compliment, thanks to that other petition to make ‘gay’ mean ‘happy’ again. :D

No, I mean to say this fucking sucks dick. Straight up, juggling cock with their hands as they thought of this thread.

Homosexuality is not a bad thing…

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

And even if MLP does die down (which wont be anytime soon), the creative materials that made it would still be there and be able to make more things.

Just because it won’t die doesn’t mean that it should get a forum of its own.

Flag Post

All 3 of those are going to be forgotten eventually.

Yeah, but I doubt that the producers will forever continue their show about talking ponies.

Flag Post

Homosexuality is not a bad thing…

All 3 of those are going to be forgotten eventually.

Dude no
Star Wars has been around since the early 1970s, as has Star Trek
Have those fanbases shown any signs of forgetting about the movies/show?
No
They’re actually stronger than ever

I doubt that the producers will forever continue their show about talking ponies.

‘I doubt the producers will forever continue their show about a talking sponge’

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

It also doesn’t mean that this forum should not be made.

Flag Post

If this thing gets going people might support me a little so I can unite the world into a communist shitstain I can be an official OTer

Flag Post

Sorry to break it to you Doc, but it seems like MLP is more than just a fad.
Not worthy of of a forum, but more than a fad.

Flag Post
But what if you would prefer the other thing much more, and you are just not giving it the chance it deserves?

It would take FiM off the spotlight and put it with the other commoners and peasants

And the separations/disruptions would either not happen, be too small to be cause for concern, or just sort out over time.

I’m talking about separations from OT. Some of us might decide they don’t want to cycle between forums and instead stay in only OT or only the Media forum. That would prevent us from being united as we are now. Furthermore, I never go on the other forums, so if I saw a Media forum without knowing that FiM is inside, I would have just stayed in OT. Nobody cares about that kind of forums. People generally care about common chat like OT or talking on a certain topic. A Media forum would be like acid to us – it would dissolve us.

And that would be bad because…?

I like OT

Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

No, fuck that. Either we get a forum just for ponies or we just keep our ghetto in OT. That’s what I would sign, not a forum where ponies are just the usual stuff and we are separated from OT.

Brony’s/Bronyism/Whatever you wanna call it is just a fad. As much as you’d hate to believe it, you and I both know the Brony sensation is going to die down eventually. What will be of the thread? Like most of the game forums, it’s going to wither up and be just “That forum that used to be famous”.

Tell me one physical thing that won’t die eventually. Of course it’s going to die, do you think I believe FiM will last beyond the end of time?

Flag Post

It also doesn’t mean that this forum should not be made.

If not dying would mean that a forum should be made, I could recommend a shitton of other forums to be made. I just don’t like that the original argument was that a forum like this shouldn’t be made just because there’s no brony forum.

Flag Post

_’I doubt the producers will forever continue their show about a talking sponge’

True, but it sucked after 2005.

Flag Post

_’I doubt the producers will forever continue their show about a talking sponge’

I can agree with this. All the new episodes suck.

Flag Post

This opinion is relevant how?

Flag Post

And The Simpsons sucked after season 10
But they’re still alive n’ kickin’ on season 22

Flag Post

That is not true
When one forum is created, it will put people in the classic ‘Oh, these people got a forum for their stuff, so I should get one for my stuff, too’ mind-set
This would likely cause many more petition threads similar to this to arise

Petitions generally do nothing, as it is
Yes, there was that one time when the people of OT came together and signed a petition to create FGF, but that was once
The petitions that were designed to bring back the Music Forum never worked, nor did petitions that were made to add certain featured to Kong (e.g. petitions made to bring back YouTube video embedding)

When the forum games forum was made, how many people tried to get more forums made a little after? If this forum is created, people will be satisfied and will not ask for more forums for a certain amount of time.

This is the Internet
You need to keep that in mind

These are the Kongregate forums. You need to keep that in mind as well.

Permabans are not anything that trolls fret over
Mafefe gets banned on a constant basis, as does MFT, yet they still come back on a daily basis to do what they do

No matter what, there will be a troll on anything. We just gave to tolerate them. And attacking one thread does not do as much damage as attacking a few threads.

And The Simpsons sucked after season 10
But they’re still alive n’ kickin’ on season 22

Everything has an end.

Flag Post

How did this turn into an MLP argument thread? Stay on topic, guys. :P

Flag Post

It was implied from the beginning

Flag Post

Tell me one physical thing that won’t die eventually. Of course it’s going to die, do you think I believe FiM will last beyond the end of time?

Nothing can live forever (except for God, but I’m not here to have another religous flame war). So if you’re admitting it’s going to die, why do you insist on having an entire forum for a fad?

Flag Post

When the forum games forum was made, how many people tried to get more forums made a little after?

There was no reason for them to get forums made afterwards
That forum was not made because forum gamers wanted it made, it was because OTers wanted the forum gamers out
Therefore, that is a different scenario

These are the Kongregate forums. You need to keep that in mind as well.

Irregardless
The Kongregate forums are still home to members of every fanbase that can be found on any other website (e.g. 4chan)

Everything has an end.

Matt Groening has made it a point to let people know that he is going to keep going with the series until the day he dies

Flag Post

It was implied from the beginning

He didn’t imply that he wanted a MLP forum. He said that he was making a substitute for the Music forum.

Flag Post

Nothing can live forever (except for God, but I’m not here to have another religous flame war). So if you’re admitting it’s going to die, why do you insist on having an entire forum for a fad?

Why do people fight for things? Why do people live if they are going to die eventually? What about nihilists, who don’t believe in an afterlife? Just because something will die eventually (everything does) doesn’t mean it’s not worth fighting for.

Flag Post

Admitting it’s going to die =/= Admitting it’s a fad

Flag Post

It would take FiM off the spotlight and put it with the other commoners and peasants

You’re a looney.

I’m talking about separations from OT. Some of us might decide they don’t want to cycle between forums and instead stay in only OT or only the Media forum. That would prevent us from being united as we are now. Furthermore, I never go on the other forums, so if I saw a Media forum without knowing that FiM is inside, I would have just stayed in OT. Nobody cares about that kind of forums. People generally care about common chat like OT or talking on a certain topic. A Media forum would be like acid to us – it would dissolve us.

You do know that there is an entire (empty) forum that I made that can be filled with only the OT community, right?

And I’m pretty sure that you can deal with going to a different forum so you can talk about MLP.

I like OT

And you can stay in OT, you don’t have to leave.

He didn’t imply that he wanted a MLP forum. He said that he was making a substitute for the Music forum.

Well sort of, that kind of was a little joke, but that is a good reason for some people to sign, since there’s personal motivation.

Originally posted by ArcadianFire:

There was no reason for them to get forums made afterwards
That forum was not made because forum gamers wanted it made, it was because OTers wanted the forum gamers out
Therefore, that is a different scenario

How is this so different?