Forums Off-topic

What would You do?

15 posts

Flag Post

A small child i drowning in a very deep sea, and you’re the only one who’s there to rescue him!
You, can’t swim, you have no idea who the child belongs to and you’ve never seen it before.
Even though you cannot swim, the child is only a few metres out in the water.
You also, have a phone but it’ll take some minutes for the rescue team to show up.

morale question.

Flag Post

I´ll jump into the water and try to rescue the child, if I suceed I´m a good person, if I die trying, I´ll get into heaven for this selfless action. ( or at least some Bonuspoints ;)

You see it´s a win-win situation, as long as you are no atheist or satanist :P

Flag Post

Hmm. I’d jump in the water. It’s only a couple meters, right? Anyone can doggy paddle a couple meters. Not only does it seem easy, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t stand by and watch a child drown by my own inaction.

The Original First Law of Robotics binds me to it!

…. o.0

Flag Post

How high up is the ship I’m standing on?

It’s not the water I’m afraid of, I can swim, but the fall scares me. =O

And if I couldn’t swim, I’d just get a lifeboat. =P

Flag Post

Well, I CAN swim so yeah. >.>

But if I couldn’t I probably would look at my surroundings and see what I can use. If there’s a boat, use that. If there’s a life preserver, use that. If there’s a pole long enough to save him, use that. If there’s only small poles, find rope or some kind of substitute to I can lash them together. If worse comes, I would just call and wait. For those of you jumping in, it’s a foolish decision. A human can live about an hour even with them not breathing. That’s because the body temporarily shuts down (when your drown) so it needs less oxygen. Since it only takes a few minutes for rescue units to arrive, then the boy would survive perfectly fine, I would be fine, yet I would still be the one responsible for saving his life.

First aid classes FTW. XD

Flag Post

and then he gets swept out to sea and a jellyfish/shark/man eating fish kills him.

but i suppose it would get you too if you jumped out

Flag Post

Since the topic creator gave such little detail, there’s many loopholes.

=/

Flag Post

You, can’t swim, you have no idea who the child belongs to and you’ve never seen it before.

OK so it’s a.. dog child? Human beings aren’t an it. If it was a boy / girl… TO THE RESCUE!!

Flag Post

I’d shout everyone else on the boat so Im suddenly not the only one there to rescue him.teamwork FTW.

Flag Post

I’d put on a life jacket then jump in and rescue him. ’Nuff said.

Flag Post

Throw him the rescue ring

Flag Post

I piss on everyone

Flag Post

jump in and hope i live and save him

Flag Post

i would

a) run like hell

b) rescue the person

c) run away and go on kongregate

Flag Post

I would call Echo my Dolphin and command him to rescue the small child. And bring me my computer, to go on Kong…