Forums Off-topic

Dawnguard review!!!

91 posts

Flag Post

Ok so I downloaded Dawnguard and this is a review of it :>

Dawnguard, the long awaited sequel to Skyrim, finally game out after almost a year of waiting. Can a game that took this long to come out really live up to the standards set by its predecessor? Lets find out.

The first thing you notice is that it has the Skyrim title screen. I know Bethesda is lazy when it comes to bug testing, but there was this huge beta test. One of the testers should have noticed that the game has the wrong title screen. The Elder Scrolls VI: Dawnguard loses major points for this.

Once you start playing the game, it lets you import your character from Skyrim. But, when I did I was still in Skyrimland!! I was really looking forward to going to Dawnguard, the homeland of the high elves, but I’m stuck in Skyrim! I already did everything in Skyrim last year, so there is literally nothing to do!!

The graphics and sounds in this game are taken directly from Skyrim. So is the gameplay, the enemies, everything. Its like Bethesda isn’t even trying to make a sequel anymore.

Overall, I have to give Dawnguard a 0/10 for not having ANY new content.

Flag Post

Well, assuming that you’re playing on the PC, it’s not too late to download all the My Little Pony DLC.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyDreamName:

Well, assuming that you’re playing on the PC, it’s not too late to download all the My Little Pony DLC.

TRUE gamers don’t play on the PC because PC is gay

I only play on the most HARDCORE console ever, the xbox 420

my gamertag is mafefe so feel free to send me a friend request, but you will have to 1v1 me in Reach before I accept it

dawnguard review

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyDreamName:

It isn’t out on the PC, yet. Only for the xbox.

Flag Post

exscuse me but MAYBE just maybe its like ALL the other dlcs bethesdas made for the elder scrolls maybe just like the others it adds a new quest in the lnd of skyrim for you to find and then that new quest eventually brings you to the new area i dont know but maybe it is this way just like in every othere dlc bethesdas made for any elder scrolls

Flag Post
Originally posted by piratemaster136:

exscuse me but MAYBE just maybe its like ALL the other dlcs bethesdas made for the elder scrolls maybe just like the others it adds a new quest in the lnd of skyrim for you to find and then that new quest eventually brings you to the new area i dont know but maybe it is this way just like in every othere dlc bethesdas made for any elder scrolls

Oblivion adds new lands in their DLCs.
A good example would be Oblivion’s Shivering Isles DLC.
Betheseda DLC does not only give you just a new quest.

Flag Post

Wow, that’s dumb. Bethesda are worse than EA.

Flag Post

But crossbows.

Flag Post

I expected it would suck. Although in the video it looks awesome,but thats just because they want to sell it

Flag Post

Just to point out the fact that this is not a new game, it is an expansion upon Skyrim. I haven’t played it as yet but surely it is obvious that it is an add on?
Oh and for the record the high elves come from Summerset Isle :)

Flag Post

I just don’t want to spend $20 if it isnt worth it. I pretty much figured we would’nt leave the land of Skyrim, and I don’t really care about better grafics or soundtracks. I just want to know how long is the DLC, and if I’m gonna be swamped with glitches as soon as I start playing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zathazar:

I just don’t want to spend $20 if it isnt worth it. I pretty much figured we would’nt leave the land of Skyrim, and I don’t really care about better grafics or soundtracks. I just want to know how long is the DLC, and if I’m gonna be swamped with glitches as soon as I start playing.

> Glitches

> Bethesda game

Flag Post

> Glitches

> Bethesda game

True. Never mind about that then.
By the way, is there any new achievment?

Flag Post

you guys are complete idiots.. especially frosty. Dawnguard was not a “sequel” it was an add-on dlc. It even says it in the trailer in CAPITAL BOLD letters. And it was just announced at E3 so what do you mean finally after a year of waiting? It was just announced a little over a month ago! So of course its going to have the same main menu screen as Skyrim and its even under the add-on section of the Main menu.. And Dawnguard is not the land of the elves, its home to a guild of HUMANS that hunts vampires. So either you’re really really really dumb, or just oblivious to game add-ons/ downloadable content. You think for someone reviewing games, you would have a little more knowledge on the subject at hand. But for all of you looking for a real review I would give it a 9/10 because It boasts a bunch of new content, new weapons (crossbows!!), armors, new enemies, and you can become a Vampire Lord!! or you can head over to Metacritic and check theirs out, its supposed to be up here shortly. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim—-dawnguard

Flag Post

i didnt mean you guys as in the people responding, i meant the ones reviewing the games.. i guess i should of just said you’re an idiot (frosty) lololol Sorrrrryyyy

Flag Post
Originally posted by viliborg71:

you guys are complete idiots.. especially frosty. Dawnguard was not a “sequel” it was an add-on dlc. It even says it in the trailer in CAPITAL BOLD letters. And it was just announced at E3 so what do you mean finally after a year of waiting? It was just announced a little over a month ago! So of course its going to have the same main menu screen as Skyrim and its even under the add-on section of the Main menu.. And Dawnguard is not the land of the elves, its home to a guild of HUMANS that hunts vampires. So either you’re really really really dumb, or just oblivious to game add-ons/ downloadable content. You think for someone reviewing games, you would have a little more knowledge on the subject at hand. But for all of you looking for a real review I would give it a 9/10 because It boasts a bunch of new content, new weapons (crossbows!!), armors, new enemies, and you can become a Vampire Lord!! or you can head over to Metacritic and check theirs out, its supposed to be up here shortly. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim—-dawnguard

Flag Post

What the fuck is with all these newshuckles/alt posting in this thread?

This is a fucking crow thread, bro.

Flag Post

I dont give a fuck what kind of thread it is, and ill post wherever the fuck i want. If the review was right then i wouldnt of had to post.

Flag Post

I dont give a fuck what kind of thread it is, and ill post wherever the fuck i want. If the review was right then i wouldnt of had to post.

wouldn’t*

have*

Stop being a newshuckle/alt, newshuckle/alt.

Flag Post

I’ll say something that all newshuckles clearly don’t get.
/sarcasm

Flag Post

that’s all you got? correcting my grammar? you got nothin boy just stop. we all can see what your life consist of, 6,284 posts. Must have a pretty big day ahead of you, posting and correcting people’s grammar so ill leave you too it.

Flag Post

that’s all you got? correcting my grammar? you got nothin boy just stop. we all can see what your life consist of, 6,284 posts. Must have a pretty big day ahead of you, posting and correcting people’s grammar so ill leave you too it.

I’ll*

I didn’t do anything other than correct your post because your newshuckle/alt ass isn’t worth my time to actually write more than a word or two. See, you’ve already made me expend more energy than I wanted to, just by typing this.

Flag Post

you got nothin boy

Anyone who says that, or something similar needs to die.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Raelito:

you got nothin boy

Anyone who says that, or something similar needs to die.

Yeah. It’s obviously “nothin’”. Nothin by itself is not a word.

Flag Post

lol look at these autistic loses defending Dawnguard.

Dawnguard is a horrible sequel. It adds nothing.

If you enjoy Dawnguard, I will sell you a jar full of air, since you enjoy paying for nothing

dawnguard review