Forums Off-topic

Please Help Me.

10 posts

Flag Post

Hello Kongregate. My computer has been acting really strangly and i can’t take it much longer. Its a 2006 dell computer that has been acting fine until these past few months. Just this month and last month it has blue sreened me (failed me) at least 20 times. I have had to system restore it at least 25 times and it has disconnected me at least 27 times. Some nights it will be working fine other not so fine. I went through and deleted nonsense files and programs that i don’t use, ran multiple virus and spyware scans, i even ran a program called spinrite that is supposed to locate any problem in my computer. Nothing. Please if you have any ideas please help me.

Thank You
-MrMANbeatzMaRi0

Flag Post

I think you should just get a new computer. Or call Geek Squad.

Flag Post

Hello Kongregate. My computer has been acting really strangly and i can’t take it much longer. Its a 2006 dell computer that has been acting fine until these past few months. Just this month and last month it has blue sreened me (failed me) at least 20 times. I have had to system restore it at least 25 times and it has disconnected me at least 27 times. Some nights it will be working fine other not so fine. I went through and deleted nonsense files and programs that i don’t use, ran multiple virus and spyware scans, i even ran a program called spinrite that is supposed to locate any problem in my computer. Nothing. Please if you have any ideas please help me.
Thank You
-MrMANbeatzMaRi0

Flag Post

I think you should just get a new computer. Or call Geek Squad.

i aslo forgot to mention we have 0$ to spend on anything till like next year in like June

Flag Post

When was the last time you opened it and cleaned out the dust inside?

Flag Post

well its hard to get it open but lemme try that

i will be disconnected for a while but please keep sending answers or helpful stuf

Flag Post

I just finished fixing a friends computer that was hardly working; blue screens and all. It largely came down to the fact that they had not cleaned the dust out, which was causing the hardware to malfunction in a variety of ways. I cleaned the dust, tested and reseated each of the components and got it working. A lot of people simply don’t understand that you have to clean them out regularly under consistent use.

Flag Post

I’ve had my computer for like 6 years. I’ve never cleaned it, nor have I witnessed it being cleaned, nor am I aware that it has been cleaned.

Will it break down (in the future)?

Flag Post

kk well i just clean it out and ill see how it bares for the time being thank you aC

also do u want me to delete this thread or leave it be?

EDIT: Possibly RMcD

Flag Post

Will it break down (in the future)?

Everything will break down in the future, but cleaning the inside of your computer isn’t going to damage it (assuming you don’t go in hamfisted and break everything) so you might as well do it. Just use a can of compressed air or something.