Forums Off-topic

im writing a new book!

28 posts

Flag Post

im writing a new book! its about a kid that learns his dad is taking him to an archeolgical dig site, but when the kid finds a strange amulet he is teleported to an alternate dimension of half-dragon half-human people.
what do you think?

Flag Post

Try pasting part of this book you’re writing, and maybe move this to the art forum and delete this thread.

It sounds interesting though.

Flag Post

ya what some_guy said….but i have the mind of a 11 year old so this sounds extremly exiciting :D

Flag Post

I liked the beginning until the demension part. I don’t get interested in those kind of books. But if you like it then what can I do about then. Good luck.

Flag Post

Sounds ok but don’t make it a generic cookie cutter plot. Like boy is chosen one and has to fight bad guys for dragon people.

Flag Post

I think it is a frightening idea. If you do not use proper spelling and grammar on a short post like the OP, how terrible will a mass of text in the same style become?

Flag Post

i couldn’t imagine it, anyways don’t get him raped!

Flag Post

You should make it an epic story-line of how the boy is the chosen one and has to fight bad guys for dragon people. That would make money.

Flag Post

How about they think he’s the chosen one but then he makes an alliance with the bad guys and takes over the planet..

Flag Post

It sounds half like Yu-Gi-Oh and half like Eragon. I don’t know why.

Also, don’t sell your material on the net. You don’t know who’s going to take the opportunity and take your work before you decide to publish it.

Flag Post

What a completely original idea!! i cannot wait to see how it ends.

Flag Post

Next Twilight, I presume. (no sarcasm intended… maybe)

Flag Post

Writing a book needs a lot more dedication than you may initially think, so wish you all the best. :D

EDIT: 900th post. =/

Flag Post

Here are some tips on writing a story.

1. Get some ideas and write them down.

2. Do a rough copy on a piece of paper of how the story is. Doesn’t matter about the spelling at this stage as long as you can read it.

3. Always have a begining, middle and an end to the story.

4. Go on Mircosoft Word or Notepad, always use spellcheck and save your work.

5. Print a copy to show your family and friends, ask them to be honest about your work.

6. Always start on short stories first because a book can take up to five years to do.

Hope this has been a help and good luck.

Flag Post

walfordking r u a mind reader? cuz, i was gonna do those things, though i wasnt sure if i would do a short novel

Flag Post

Here are some tips on writing a story.

1. Get some ideas and write them down.

2. Do a rough copy on a piece of paper of how the story is. Doesn’t matter about the spelling at this stage as long as you can read it.

3. Always have a begining, middle and an end to the story.

4. Go on Mircosoft Word or Notepad, always use spellcheck and save your work.

5. Print a copy to show your family and friends, ask them to be honest about your work.

6. Always start on short stories first because a book can take up to five years to do.

Hope this has been a help and good luck.

He’s not betarded.

Flag Post

cuz, i was gonna do those things

I believe that’s common sense rather than mind-reading. Most “psychics” use common sense too to find out about the “future” and the “spirits”.

Flag Post

Oh yea, before spellchecking, proof read your work by reading it backwards. Don’t rely on the spellcheck as it ruins your writing style and a lot of the intentional errors or sentence structure. It also doesn’t check words that you spelt wrongly even though they are accurate spelling wise (like you typed “for” instead of “from”, the spellchecker won’t know you intended that.)

Master punctuation before starting and develop your own style.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kris13:

walfordking r u a mind reader? cuz, i was gonna do those things, though i wasnt sure if i would do a short novel

I pity your editor.

Flag Post

When I was 14, I tried to write a book myself. For about a month I wrote nearly daily (you really need some discipline to do it, because at that age it’s hard to be patient). The problem was that I didn’t really know where my story was going or how many days the characters had been travelling (The world of my story had several moons so it could become tricky to find out what the lighting should be, etc.) , but even worse, when I later got to page 80 I was nearly sixteen and I found the style of the first chapters to be too kiddy. It was very easy to quit writing and actually I regret it. It would be cool to have written a book.

Think about a good story, and write regularily. It doesn’t matter if you only write a couple of sentences one day, just try to hold on. But maybe in your case it is even more important to use proper grammar and listen to the advice of wise people like walfordking or your parents.

Flag Post

Maybe the kid turns into a dragon?! (WOW) And then he grows wings and teeth and he learns to fly…

Wait… puberty

Flag Post
Originally posted by KakkoiiBishounen:

It sounds half like Yu-Gi-Oh and half like Eragon. I don’t know why.

Also, don’t sell your material on the net. You don’t know who’s going to take the opportunity and take your work before you decide to publish it.

Too late for him. I have written a 300 page novel on it. :P And is currently the Best-Selling in the world…

when I later got to page 80 I was nearly sixteen and I found the style of the first chapters to be too kiddy.

Happened to me with Uprising. I went at it with a passion for a while and then it just fell away. Now its left there dangling without an end. I also look back and think how unemotional the charcters are.

It was very easy to quit writing and actually I regret it.

I haven’t wrote in ages, and then I tried the other night and I appear to have lost the ability for short A4 pages spurts of fantastic writing (which then stops). I now am I trying to just write a couple of lines each night, see how that turns out.

Flag Post

OMG IT SHUD HAV LIKE, VAMPIRES IN IT LIKE REALLY HOT VAMPIRES OMG U SHUD NAME HIM LIEK, EDWARD!

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilgenius100:

OMG IT SHUD HAV LIKE, VAMPIRES IN IT LIKE REALLY HOT VAMPIRES OMG U SHUD NAME HIM LIEK, EDWARD!

OMG NO! THIS ISN’T TWILIGHT!

Flag Post

that, would be plagurism.
dir duh dir