Forums Off-topic

Eight capital sins.

28 posts

Flag Post

We all know of the seven capital sins, which are:

Sloth, the laziness, the habit of procrastinating.
Greed, the yearning for what you can’t have, or even having and wanting more.
Envy, coveting what belongs to someone else.
Wrath, shouting or harming someone for any reason.
Lust, the yearning for someone other than your partner’s body.
Gluttony, eating all day and thinking about nothing but food.
Pride, giving yourself too much importance and expecting to be always appreciated.

But there is a sin that isn’t mentioned:

Filth, the act of contaminating your body and other’s with unhealthy stuff, like drugs, junk foods, alcoholics, or even just not taking any shower for weeks.

Flag Post

What’s your point?

Flag Post

The ninth capital sin:

Belief in rhetoric as ‘truth’ An inability to think for oneself, or employ logical thinking outside of the dogma preached at oneself.

Flag Post

It’s gonna be a LOOONG list of uncovered capital sins.

And anyway, Filth should really be a capital sin!

Flag Post

Not really. As far as I’m aware, Christianity isn’t about being extremely healthy in this life, so they would never make “junk food” or “alcoholics (sic)” against their religious views.

Flag Post

What the poope says doesn’t count. Being unhealthy and dirty is bad in God’s eyes.
Also, it is more logical to think that the Heaven and the Hell last as long as you obeyed or sinned, not forever.

Example: You have been helping old ladies for a total of 23 days and 5 hours, you stay in heaven for 23 days and 5 hours!
You have been raging against people for a total of 19 days and 1 hour, you burn (or freeze) in Hell for 19 days and 1 hour!

Flag Post

well, we muslims see filth definitely as a sin, thats y we dont use alcohol.

Flag Post
Filth, the act of contaminating your body and other’s with unhealthy stuff, like drugs, junk foods, alcoholics, or even just not taking any shower for weeks.

that’s already covered by gluttony and sloth.

Belief in rhetoric as ‘truth’ An inability to think for oneself, or employ logical thinking outside of the dogma preached at oneself.

yes! let’s make conformity a sin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnDoe2:

What the poope says doesn’t count. Being unhealthy and dirty is bad in God’s eyes.

So how come you’re more versed in ‘what god wants’ than the pope is? That should be an enlightening argument.

Also, it is more logical to think that the Heaven and the Hell last as long as you obeyed or sinned, not forever.

So, you are in heaven or hell only as long as you lived? Newborns who don’t survive get a bum deal then, yes?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolbyhan:

Beat that Americans.

Flag Post
the act of contaminating your body and other’s with unhealthy stuff, like drugs, junk foods, alcoholics, or even just not taking any shower for weeks.

Yeah, no. That description can aptly suit greed. What’s the point for an eigth capital sin, when it’s the same as one of the seven?

Flag Post

I fail to see the difference between filth and gluttony. Seems like your filth is just a collection of specific examples of being a glutton.

Flag Post

not greed; gluttony. unsatiable appetite is gluttony. greed is wanting more than another. stuffing your face would only be greed if there’s scarsity and you specifically want to have more than others.

Flag Post

Am I the only one to whom the expression “Cleaniness is next to godliness” came into the head of?

Anyway, on the topic, why do you believe your god cares about what people do to their bodies? Most gods only care about the inhabitants (Souls.) and their mental preoccupations, not what they decide to do to their bodies. The first seven sins are all about what the person thinks, sort of like orwellian thoughtcrime. Your one is an act, not an inclination, like modern punishment.

Flag Post

What is this, I don’t even.
There is so much wrong in this thread.

Originally posted by Ketsy:

Not really. As far as I’m aware, Christianity isn’t about being extremely healthy in this life, so they would never make “junk food” or “alcoholics (sic)” against their religious views.

QFT

Example: You have been helping old ladies for a total of 23 days and 5 hours, you stay in heaven for 23 days and 5 hours!
You have been raging against people for a total of 19 days and 1 hour, you burn (or freeze) in Hell for 19 days and 1 hour!

This is so wrong I don’t even know how to respond.

Originally posted by vikaTae:

So how come you’re more versed in ‘what god wants’ than the pope is? That should be an enlightening argument.

Only Roman cathlics care what the pope says. Catholicism and Christianity are two very diffrent religions.

Flag Post

^lol. isn’t Catholicism a form of Christianity, the other form being the many forms of Protestantism (and Eastern Orthodoxy)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:

I fail to see the difference between filth and gluttony. Seems like your filth is just a collection of specific examples of being a glutton.

Yes, BUT smoking is only about Filth, not about Gluttony or Greed.

And one that doesn’t take a shower for weeks isn’t forcefully a Sloth. He/she could be a very active and sports person that just doesn’t like taking a shower.

Flag Post

Wow.
Where in the bible does it mention that?
Does that mean that unhealthy people should be outcast? They are filled with sin, after all. Go to hell you damn sinner (e.g. chronically obese person, diabetes patient, someone who caught a cold, a cancer patient?)! You brought this onto yourself!
Does that mean that homeless people shouldn’t be helped anymore, because they are filthy and therefore sinners? And don’t forget about all those extremely dirty people; those who drip with filth. Be sure not to get too close. You might catch some sin from them.

Short: you are talking out of your behind. Big time.
I guess that’s what’s bound to happen with first world people who think that everyone lives under the same circumstances like them.
But hey, write a letter to the pope. He might very well include it. You know, since he also is a first world person who is too lazy to really find out how people live and instead assumes that everyone is as close minded as he himself.

Flag Post

I agree with Doom, filth is covered by Gluttony and Sloth. Nothing we haven’t seen before in that list.

To expand upon this point, what about the people (chronically obese or diabetes) who can’t get away with eating a single chip, versus those blessed with good metabolisms that can eat forever and not gain weight? The person who applies more willpower in this case is unhealthier and therefore more of a “sinner”, which makes no logical sense. This would have to take into consideration health conditions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

To expand upon this point, what about the people (chronically obese or diabetes) who can’t get away with eating a single chip, versus those blessed with good metabolisms that can eat forever and not gain weight? The person who applies more willpower in this case is unhealthier and therefore more of a “sinner”, which makes no logical sense. This would have to take into consideration health conditions.

Maybe they are closer to Adam in the bloodline and therefore inherently born more sinner than others. That or God move in mysterious ways and decided that that guy should have it worse. Next: the little guy in Somalia who will be born HIV-positive and starve on his third birthday. MUAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Flag Post

ye, Coca-Cola is much better than a frozen beer right? Also u don’t smoke right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

Maybe they are closer to Adam in the bloodline and therefore inherently born more sinner than others. That or God move in mysterious ways and decided that that guy should have it worse. Next: the little guy in Somalia who will be born HIV-positive and starve on his third birthday. MUAHHAHAHAHA!!!

you laugh for a starving kid? you are inhuman.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheKnifeGrinder:

ye, Coca-Cola is much better than a frozen beer right? Also u don’t smoke right?

dude, cigarettes and cola didnt exist back in 600. thats y some people see it as not filth, cuz those things werent invented yet back when islam was created.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:
Originally posted by TheKnifeGrinder:

dude, cigarettes and cola didnt exist back in 600. thats y some people see it as not filth, cuz those things werent invented yet back when islam was created.

Don’t call me dude and don’t try to fake that u didn’t understand what i said… lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

^lol. isn’t Catholicism a form of Christianity, the other form being the many forms of Protestantism (and Eastern Orthodoxy)?

No. Catholicism started as a sub-set of Christianity but has changed enough over the years that it has to be considered it’s own religion now.