Forums Off-topic

I want to be a space pilot or a scientist reaaaaaally bad now, this is cool, wish I was a right brain person.

8 posts

Flag Post

http://news.yahoo.com/super-earth-planet-likely-made-diamond-151431368.html

This arrticle says a planet made of diamonds was found.NASA is mapping out solar systems and shit, which I find pretty damn cool, but I don’t understand math or science, I understand grammar, politics, and I can read really well.

discuss this stuff

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Well, it’s a bit more 40 light years away so you shouldn’t hope too much. The furthest man went so far is the Moon (Mars and asteroids are the next step), so interstellar travel isn’t something we’ll see tomorrow unless a great breakthrough happens. If observing astonishing stellar bodies is something you find intriguing, you could become an astrophysicist. Although you might never see those bodies from up close, you’ll still be able to investigate on their characteristics.

Flag Post

Diamonds huh? Wow, sounds pretty cool, but as MadJedi said. It’s a long time away and we haven’t even gotten a man on Mars yet.

Flag Post

Left brain is what I meant.

The left brain controls the right side of our body.

I am left handed, so I’m right brain dominant, meaning I’m more creative, because the right side deals with creativity, whiel the left side deals with stuff liek math and precision stuff.

Originally posted by MadJedi:

Well, it’s a bit more 40 light years away so you shouldn’t hope too much. The furthest man went so far is the Moon (Mars and asteroids are the next step), so interstellar travel isn’t something we’ll see tomorrow unless a great breakthrough happens. If observing astonishing stellar bodies is something you find intriguing, you could become an astrophysicist. Although you might never see those bodies from up close, you’ll still be able to investigate on their characteristics.

WHAT IF WE FIND DARK MATTER AND FUEL UP OUR SPACE SHIPS LIKE DA STAR TREK MOVIES!????

Flag Post

I don’t know why, but I just don’t find it interesting, it just doesn’t seem like anything special.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redfin_802:

Left brain is what I meant.

The left brain controls the right side of our body.

I am left handed, so I’m right brain dominant,

something interesting: there are around of 20% of left-handed people who use the right brain for language and the left brain for creativity

Flag Post

I am left handed, so I’m right brain dominant, meaning I’m more creative, because the right side deals with creativity, whiel the left side deals with stuff liek math and precision stuff.

That is largely bullshit.
If you want to learn science, you can. It might be hard, but it is always possible. I recommend The Story of Science series by Joy Hakim. It goes from Aristotle to modern quantum mechanics in chronological order, weaving scientific ideas into a brilliant narrative, making it incredibly easy to understand. It is also beautifully illustrated.