Forums Off-topic

If Jesus wasn't the son of god then how did he die for all our sins? page 2

52 posts

Flag Post

How do we know that the world really exists

 
Flag Post

how do we know im emperor OH WHAT A STUPID QUESTION

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

You can’t claim EVERYTHING though

Why not? I can claim that I shot Hitler in the face. I can claim that I found the cure for cancer. I can claim that Neil Armstrong was not the first man on the moon. I can claim that I am the son of God.

That’s four things. Not everything.

 
Flag Post

God sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins. Jesus died on a cross then was buried and rose again on the third day. You want proof? Read the Bible.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Destroyatron:

God sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins. Jesus died on a cross then was buried and rose again on the third day. You want proof? Read the Bible.

A book can hardly be considered proof.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:
Originally posted by Destroyatron:

God sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins. Jesus died on a cross then was buried and rose again on the third day. You want proof? Read the Bible.

A book can hardly be considered proof.

It predicted jews taking over the world.

 
Flag Post

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

Wrong, sir!

 
Flag Post

Maybe for you muslims but not us christians.I claim EVERYTHING

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

Actually, Jesus is my neighbours’ gardener, currently filling some holes in my neighbours’ neighbours’ garden.
I wonder what his wife, Consuela, has to say about this…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Jester:

If Jesus is dead, how is there still plenty of his blood to drink when I go to church?

Because they save the blood for the past 2,000 years and the blood keeps multipling
P.S. How were all you guys on Kong when it was down for me? If it was just me, Why?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

The same way I could claim to do so.

Honestly, if Jesus simply claimed he was the son of God (and there was no evidence to support the proposition, especially if there were countervailing arguments), nobody would, in their right mind, believe

There is, however, apparent proof in the resurrection etc. that would go to imply Christ’s divinity as prophesied

If you were aware of the situation, the only reason anyone would be so inclined as to consider it a miracle was because there WAS proof for something that had normally been fathomed as being impossible

A claim, by itself, is not going to inspire the development of a new religion. where would one find adherents to such an open book of nonsensical interpretations and no hard lining?

As Augustine said, without miracles, there would be no Christianity

Checkmate, AZ

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Destroyatron:
Originally posted by Rolby:

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

Wrong, sir!

not wrong, christian! for muslims jesus isnt son of god. go learn my religion before saying im wrong.

 
Flag Post

god cant have children.

[citation needed]

Give me some peer reviewed research on the reproduction abilities of ethereal species.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:
Originally posted by Destroyatron:
Originally posted by Rolby:

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

Wrong, sir!

not wrong, christian! for muslims jesus isnt son of god. go learn my religion before saying im wrong.

who wants to learn your religion?

 
Flag Post

But Jesus WAS The son of god.

Originally posted by Roki123:
Originally posted by Rolby:
Originally posted by Destroyatron:
Originally posted by Rolby:

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

Wrong, sir!

not wrong, christian! for muslims jesus isnt son of god. go learn my religion before saying im wrong.

who wants to learn your religion?

A random asshole strikes again!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by XxTheProtectorxX:

But Jesus WAS The son of god.

Originally posted by Roki123:
Originally posted by Rolby:
Originally posted by Destroyatron:
Originally posted by Rolby:

jesus wasnt the son of god. god cant have children. jesus was just a prophet.

Wrong, sir!

not wrong, christian! for muslims jesus isnt son of god. go learn my religion before saying im wrong.

who wants to learn your religion?

A random asshole strikes again!

he WASNT! he was just a PROPHET!

 
Flag Post

he WASNT! he was just a PROPHET!

nope jesus was the son of GOD

 
Flag Post

I’d like to take a minute of your time to share some of my thoughts about Canada with you. In the first place, Canada sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest losers nab the biggest prizes. The objection may still be raised that the purpose of life is self-gratification. At first glance this sounds almost believable yet the following must be borne in mind: Canada likes to imply that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them. This is what its homilies amount to, although, of course, they’re daubed over with the viscid slobber of disgusting drivel devised by its lapdogs and mindlessly multiplied by worthless, arrogant crooks. It’s amazing to me that Canada’s helpers actually warrant that education should teach the precepts of ethnocentrism and the duties of man towards moralistic savages. Not only must such people be mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration, but Canada claims to have read somewhere that merit is adequately measured by its methods and qualifications. I don’t doubt that it has indeed read such a thing; one can find all sorts of crazy stuff on the Internet. More reliable sources, however, tend to agree that Canada claims that science is merely a tool invented by the current elite to maintain power. I respond that when it repeated over and over the rumor that it’s okay if its inveracities initially cause our quality of life to degrade because “sometime”, “someone” will do “something” “somehow” to counteract that trend, its stooges, never too difficult to fool, swallowed it.

Regardless of the past as reckless of the future, the present alone influences Canada’s actions. That’s why I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of its hypocrisy or crookedness. It’s what I’ve come to expect by now. Unfortunately, most people have been so brainwashed by Canada’s demented fusillades that when push comes to shove they’ll end up siding with Canada. That’s why we must stop defending the picayunish status quo and, instead, implement a bold, new agenda for change. Still, the issue of what to do about Canada’s uncongenial excuses is far from settled. The post you just read should be seen as a starting point for dialogue on this controversial issue.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MrTheSean:

I’d like to take a minute of your time to share some of my thoughts about Canada with you. In the first place, Canada sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest losers nab the biggest prizes. The objection may still be raised that the purpose of life is self-gratification. At first glance this sounds almost believable yet the following must be borne in mind: Canada likes to imply that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them. This is what its homilies amount to, although, of course, they’re daubed over with the viscid slobber of disgusting drivel devised by its lapdogs and mindlessly multiplied by worthless, arrogant crooks. It’s amazing to me that Canada’s helpers actually warrant that education should teach the precepts of ethnocentrism and the duties of man towards moralistic savages. Not only must such people be mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration, but Canada claims to have read somewhere that merit is adequately measured by its methods and qualifications. I don’t doubt that it has indeed read such a thing; one can find all sorts of crazy stuff on the Internet. More reliable sources, however, tend to agree that Canada claims that science is merely a tool invented by the current elite to maintain power. I respond that when it repeated over and over the rumor that it’s okay if its inveracities initially cause our quality of life to degrade because “sometime”, “someone” will do “something” “somehow” to counteract that trend, its stooges, never too difficult to fool, swallowed it.

Regardless of the past as reckless of the future, the present alone influences Canada’s actions. That’s why I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of its hypocrisy or crookedness. It’s what I’ve come to expect by now. Unfortunately, most people have been so brainwashed by Canada’s demented fusillades that when push comes to shove they’ll end up siding with Canada. That’s why we must stop defending the picayunish status quo and, instead, implement a bold, new agenda for change. Still, the issue of what to do about Canada’s uncongenial excuses is far from settled. The post you just read should be seen as a starting point for dialogue on this controversial issue.

too long didnt read everything.

 
Flag Post

To all you theists out there –
If God was real, why has he not revealed himself to the world?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

To all you theists out there –
If God was real, why has he not revealed himself to the world?

This argument is so ridiculously stupid that it completely misses the point

After all, everything (and anything) can be logically rationalized

The real burden of proof lies in deducing valid premises to base one’s reasoning

In that respect, disguised criticisms such as yours are completely useless since they rely on presuppositions to lay the groundwork

Realizing the same applies to theism, I can’t stay hostile to either party in this regard as both have a commonality in fault, but I would assume some optimalcy of priority is yet to be had

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

Oh god. What does him being god’s son have to do with dying for peoples sins?

If I recall there is a quote going like this: “A self-sacrifice for others sake is the most noble action a human can execute”.
Anyone could actually do it, I mean my friends and I always make jokes in League of Legends like “I DIED FOR YOUR SINS NOW GO KILL ’EM!” after someone gets stunned and killed.

And stop trying to discuss this stuff, religious people and atheists minds live in different universes, but your physical form is in the same world. Just deal with people not believing something is above them. It’s like sexuality, stop trying to change his interest in porn, he is going to fap to what he wants to fap to either way!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

The same way I could claim to do so.

Proof?

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory.

If I died, I could claim that my death is for your sins, just as anybody could claim, and just as Jesus claimed.

did jesus actually claim that?