Forums Off-topic

Bible Study.

52 posts

Flag Post

I attend a nightly bible study at my church every Wednesday at 6 pm. My study group wanted me to make a thread asking if anyone needs someone to be “prayed for”.
So.
If you know anyone that is struggling. Reply with their name and they will be prayed for!
The power of prayer/ god’s power is infinite.

 
Flag Post

please be serious about this we don’t have time for your pathetic trolling

 
Flag Post

i am srs. why does every1 think i am trolling?

 
Flag Post

I dunno about them, but your previous posts don’t give me a good indication of your being serious. That and everyday must be Wednesday for you if it’s “a nightly bible study…every Wednesday at 6 pm”. Sounds more like a weekly one to me.

 
Flag Post

Listen, I am/ We are here for you.

 
Flag Post

TEH INTERNETZ IS SRS BUZINE55 GUIZ

 
Flag Post

What are your thoughts on the couple that was arrested for child abuse after thier sick child died after they prayed for him, but did not take him to a hospital?

 
Flag Post

Saying prays is one of the dumbest thing I ever heard of…

 
Flag Post

I’m really surprised that you guys are actually being so bitchy about this.
Is he a troll? Probably. Does it matter? No.
All he’s doing is asking if anybody needs to be prayed for. He’s not pushing any religion, he’s not being obnoxious… What he’s asking is actually kind of nice, so unless he responds to every prayer request with “haha ur such a luser ur wif is paper bag i wip ur tears off wit my dik” then really what’s wrong with letting people post prayer requests? Are you guys really so into your Atheism that you can’t let other people practice their beliefs?
OT, I’m ashamed in you.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by fma1:
Originally posted by Rich112:

Saying prays is one of the dumbest thing I ever heard of…

What I’d like to know is this…

As that couple sat in jail, they had a lot of time to think. I wonder what they think now about God, prayer, etc.

I’d be willing to bet they would say the did nothing wrong and it was “God’s will” to take there son.

Originally posted by CurryBrace:

I’m really surprised that you guys are actually being so bitchy about this.
Is he a troll? Probably. Does it matter? No.
All he’s doing is asking if anybody needs to be prayed for. He’s not pushing any religion, he’s not being obnoxious… What he’s asking is actually kind of nice, so unless he responds to every prayer request with “haha ur such a luser ur wif is paper bag i wip ur tears off wit my dik” then really what’s wrong with letting people post prayer requests? Are you guys really so into your Atheism that you can’t let other people practice their beliefs?
OT, I’m ashamed in you.

I am not an Atheist but, pray is fucking dumb. Take for example what fma1 said shit like that happens all the time yet people still thing that praying will help them with everything in there lives.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rich112:

I am not an Atheist but, pray is fucking dumb. Take for example what fma1 said shit like that happens all the time yet people still thing that praying will help them with everything in there lives.

I’m sorry, I must have missed the part in the OP where he said he wanted to pray for your life-threatening conditions and then not get medical treatment.
Praying is an exercise people do to strengthen their spiritual self. I personally don’t pray; I think it’s pointless. But if somebody wants to pray for me, or asks for prayer requests, I’m not going to be all “omg wow you’re so fucking dumb kids die because parents pray for them instead of getting them medical attention you know”. That’s just being a cunt.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CurryBrace:
Originally posted by Rich112:

I am not an Atheist but, pray is fucking dumb. Take for example what fma1 said shit like that happens all the time yet people still thing that praying will help them with everything in there lives.

I’m sorry, I must have missed the part in the OP where he said he wanted to pray for your life-threatening conditions and then not get medical treatment.
Praying is an exercise people do to strengthen their spiritual self. I personally don’t pray; I think it’s pointless. But if somebody wants to pray for me, or asks for prayer requests, I’m not going to be all “omg wow you’re so fucking dumb kids die because parents pray for them instead of getting them medical attention you know”. That’s just being a cunt.

No matter what you are praying for it’s stupid. Like he said “The power of prayer is infinite.” praying has no power over anything it’s just dumb.

 
Flag Post

Does it matter? Does it actually affect you in any way if he prays for somebody? If prayer has no power, then why are you letting it control you in such a negative fashion? Maybe, if you don’t like it when people pray, instead of shitposting, you should just not enter the thread and bitch about it on /r9k/.

 
Flag Post

Maybe you should’t get so upset an bitch about people saying there opinions.

Bitchin’ at me about saying I feel it’s dumb its just making you a huge fucking hypocrite.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rich112:

Maybe you should’t get so upset an bitch about people saying there opinions.

Bitchin’ at me about saying I feel it’s dumb its just making you a huge fucking hypocrite.

So, what you’re saying is that you should be allowed to derail a thread with your bullshit because it’s just like, your opinion, man, but if I tell you that you’re being an ass, that’s just over the line? Is that what you’re saying?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by fma1:

What are your thoughts on the couple that was arrested for child abuse after thier sick child died after they prayed for him, but did not take him to a hospital?

Whomever imprisoned them is the devil.

Originally posted by rice_krispiez9:

Pray for me, peasant.

sure! :)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CurryBrace:
Originally posted by Rich112:

Maybe you should’t get so upset an bitch about people saying there opinions.

Bitchin’ at me about saying I feel it’s dumb its just making you a huge fucking hypocrite.

So, what you’re saying is that you should be allowed to derail a thread with your bullshit because it’s just like, your opinion, man, but if I tell you that you’re being an ass, that’s just over the line? Is that what you’re saying?

That fact that your having a bitch fit over my opinion is is derailing the thread even farther but, then your going to sit here and bitch at me for derailing the thread.

Look there you go again being a hypocrite.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Rich112:

That fact that your having a bitch fit over my opinion is is derailing the thread even farther but, then your going to sit here and bitch at me for derailing the thread.

Look there you go again being a hypocrite.

Yeah, I realized the irony in my previous post. I think I’m going to have NewSlacks pray that you realize that somebody else having a different opinion than you isn’t the end of the world.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CurryBrace:
Originally posted by Rich112:

That fact that your having a bitch fit over my opinion is is derailing the thread even farther but, then your going to sit here and bitch at me for derailing the thread.

Look there you go again being a hypocrite.

Yeah, I realized the irony in my previous post. I think I’m going to have NewSlacks pray that you realize that somebody else having a different opinion than you isn’t the end of the world.

You are the on throwing a fit over my opinions.

But, not matter what he prays for won’t change anything ever.

 
Flag Post

The funny thing about Bible “study” is that most Christians have never read the bible.

I know this because internet atheists said so.

 
Flag Post

Pray for me, I guess. It’s always nice to have someone do something for you.

 
Flag Post

Your bible study group teaches you to be a professional hypocrite?
I mean, not that I would be surprised…

 
Flag Post

I want to go to a church that teaches you how troll!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by moomoofire11:

I want to go to a church that teaches you how troll!

me too!

 
Flag Post

Rich, your teenage angst is showing.

Originally posted by DemoCROWcy:

The funny thing about Bible “study” is that most Christians have never read the bible.


I know this because internet atheists said so.

It’s funny because I’ve read the Bible cover to cover.