Forums Off-topic

Fatty acceptance

115 posts

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/qR6eb.png

Discuss how we need to fight this social epidemic and disease. We need to convince everyone that being fat is deteriorating and they’re throwing their lives away. They’re delusional. Why can’t they accept that everything wrong with their lives boils down to their fatness? I realized I would never be considered attractive unless I lost weight, and while I’m doing good progress I still don’t consider myself worthy of being accepted by anyone based on looks.

Flag Post

But there are some good, acceptable fat people.

Flag Post

Yeah, personality-wise. But would you, sober and in sane judgement, have sex with any of them or find them more attractive than an athletic or otherwise skinny person?

Flag Post

WIT YO BIG OL FAT FACE AVATURRRRRRRR

Flag Post

Not me, but many people have married obese people.

Flag Post

I can tell you’re trolling, but I would like to point out that there’s a difference between being plus-sized and being fat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ritzfitz91:

WIT YO BIG OL FAT FACE AVATURRRRRRRR

Bitches don’t know bout my fsjal

Originally posted by CurryBrace:

I can tell you’re trolling, but I would like to point out that there’s a difference between being plus-sized and being fat.

I’m really not though. I honestly think being fat is a horrible fate because I experienced it.

Flag Post

I agree. I haven’t ever been fat, but we all know that being fat is bad for you, and I have a couple of friends who are fat, both of whom are miserable a good 3/4ths of the day (the 1/4th being when they’re asleep). It just pisses me off when people see a person who is completely healthy and say that he or she’s fat. It’s possible that person is even healthier than a skinny person like me!
Of course, going in the opposite extreme, and saying that fat and obese people are simply “husky” or “plus-sized” is stupid. Fat-shaming is wrong, but so is sugar-coating the fact that that person is going to die a horrible, painful death.

Flag Post

But without fat-shaming, don’t you think they would become complacent? If they don’t do it the easy way – that is, telling from from childhood to eat their veggies and avoid junk food – shouldn’t the hard way (bullying, fat-shaming) be more effective since you’re theoretically forcing them to get in shape? I think there’s not enough pressure among the media to prevent obesity and overfeeding. Part of this is the food industry that refuses to sell less so that people eat better, but one shouldn’t let themselves become brainwashed by corporations.

Flag Post

Some people are fat due to their genetics.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cllazyman:

Some people are fat due to their genetics.

You must be trolling.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

But without fat-shaming, don’t you think they would become complacent? If they don’t do it the easy way – that is, telling from from childhood to eat their veggies and avoid junk food – shouldn’t the hard way (bullying, fat-shaming) be more effective since you’re theoretically forcing them to get in shape? I think there’s not enough pressure among the media to prevent obesity and overfeeding. Part of this is the food industry that refuses to sell less so that people eat better, but one shouldn’t let themselves become brainwashed by corporations.

I just don’t like the idea of being mean to people in real life. On the internet, being an asshole to a fat person is fair game because I’m a bad person and I need something to make me feel better about myself.

Flag Post

Why can’t they accept that everything wrong with their lives boils down to their fatness?

I didn’t realize being skinny solves every problem you will ever have. You’re a goddamn genius.

Give this man a Nobel Prize.

Flag Post

I honestly have never met a fat girl who doesn’t complain constantly
Fat guys are usually chill as fuck though

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

Why can’t they accept that everything wrong with their lives boils down to their fatness?

I didn’t realize being skinny solves every problem you will ever have. You’re a goddamn genius.

Give this man a Nobel Prize.

Calm down, fatty. Did I hit a nerve? It’s mostly true, you feel bad about yourself + you have bad health = you can’t do things as well, you don’t have enough energy, you don’t have the confidence. Fatness affects you socially, and being the social animals that we are, it affects every aspect of your life.

Flag Post

Choosing to be fat is pretty much exactly the same as choosing the smoke, yet it’s only okay to publicly chide and shame the latter for some reason.

Flag Post

I’m ok with fat people, it’s just that I’m kinda scared that if they fall on me they’ll break all the bones in my body.

Flag Post

I think some obese people need to work a bit harder at losing weight.

Flag Post

You’re so narrow-minded it’s not even funny. I’m 6’5", ~215 lbs. While I’m certainly not skinny, only bigots like you would have the nerve to call me fat, and I can assure you that none of the problems I have in my life are due to me being slightly overweight.

Being skinny isn’t the fucking key to happiness; it surely helps some things, but you make it seem like losing weight makes everyone feel as happy as the Dalai Lama.

Flag Post

You are shallow and will only attract other shallow people.

I am, by definition, obese. Couldn’t really give a damn though. I don’t need people in my life who judge you based on looks. People like that are a cancer.

Flag Post

Lel, I lost 15.5 lbs in one month. I certainly do have the nerve to call you fat. You weak-willed fatty. You’re obviously bitter, otherwise you wouldn’t be so angry about prejudices against fat people. The problems in your life will not go away if you let them be. You either overcome them or let them beat you. Being healthy, and especially having the willpower to be so, will help you win over those obstacles. See, this is what bothers me most about fat people, they lack willpower. They have resigned themselves to a fate they can avoid, because every human ever was designed to be skinny. Blaming it on genetics is such bullshit it makes me question the intelligence of the person who says it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

I am, by definition, obese. Couldn’t really give a damn though. I don’t need people in my life who judge you based on looks. People like that are a cancer.

Being obese is much more than looks

Flag Post

the problem with what you said is “plus-sized women”. you could’ve said obese women are unacceptable, and thats okay. seriously, look up terms before making a fool of yourself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTehLoner:

Exactly. It drags you down, robs you of agility that you would be otherwise capable of and energy you need to feel good every day.

When I had a shitty diet I would probably be awake for 12 hours and sleep the rest of the day. Nowadays I will go for about 16 before feeling tired and heading to bed. And another thing, sleeping after a workout is the best sleep I’ve ever felt. Your body is calm, a great shower will leave you feeling relaxed and you will wake up feeling great.

Originally posted by Cizinec:

the problem with what you said is “plus-sized women”. you could’ve said obese women are unacceptable, and thats okay. seriously, look up terms before making a fool of yourself.

We both know what they mean. One thing is the theoretical meaning, the other is the practical, real world meaning.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTehLoner:

If you are morbidly obese like 350-400 pounds, sure, I agree with you.

Being in the high 200s(where I am) is by definition obese, but I am quite healthy. I have held stable at ~270 for about 4 years and have no desire to change that. I do not want to go into the 300s, but I am okay at my current weight.