32 posts

Flag Post

Just kidding, old music is much better.

Flag Post

i don’t like most music anyway.

Flag Post

Depends what genre.

Flag Post

all music older than 1990 is stupid. i think.

Flag Post

ITT
Shallowness.

Flag Post

A lot of new music has no soul, it’s all backed by greedy producers.
I like any music that is for the sake of the music. There are real artists in every generation.
That’s the stuff that stands the test of time.

Flag Post

most of the music i listen to is from the 2000s and 2010s but i also listen to 90s rap

Flag Post

THIS JUST IN: All music is mainstream.
you’re an idiot, of course new music is better because new ideas are constantly being made, and we have access to so much more music than we used to

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aleazor:

I like any music that is for the sake of the music. There are real artists in every generation.
That’s the stuff that stands the test of time.

That’s so true

Flag Post

New music is better, because seriously, who would want to be stuck listening to the exact same songs for ever? New music can keep growing and coming out with new things I’ve never heard before. Old music can only be the same as it was.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

all music older than 1990 is stupid. i think.

Not stupid but the quality of recording was so low compared to nowadays that it just turns you off.

That said I only listen to a very few new bands. Most of the bands I listen to started out in the early 90’s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

That said I only listen to a very few new bands. Most of the bands I listen to started out in the early 90’s.

I listen to a lot of 90’s bands too, since one of my favorite genres is Ska which is, sadly, not popular anymore.

Flag Post

No I mean they still make music, they just started out 20-something years ago.

Flag Post

I don’t know any bands that started in the 90’s but still make music, besides Green Day. What bands do you listen to?

Flag Post

Opeth, Mastodon are a couple of examples. Ihsahn as a solo artist is recent but he had been playing with Emperor also quite some time ago.

EDIT: Dream Theater also. They’ve been playing since the 80’s and are pretty much the kings of American prog metal.

Flag Post

Depends on what genre.

In most cases I’ll choose older music, but there’s the exception of electronic stuff.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

Opeth, Mastodon are a couple of examples. Ihsahn as a solo artist is recent but he had been playing with Emperor also quite some time ago.

EDIT: Dream Theater also. They’ve been playing since the 80’s and are pretty much the kings of American prog metal.

I’ll have to check those bands out, since they’re probably doing something right to last so long.

Flag Post

Eh, I don’t know. Your mileage may vary. They’re a bit different from Green Day.

Flag Post

I’d be a very, very boring person if all I listened to was Green Day.

Flag Post

I prefer newer music myself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTehLoner:

you’re an idiot, of course new music is better because new ideas are constantly being made, and we have access to so much more music than we used to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

Flag Post
Originally posted by RIP_My_Alts:

you pretty much just admitted to knowing nothing but mainstream music
get away from me, PLEB

Flag Post

get away from me, PLEB

I was answering to the “new music is better” part.

Flag Post

get away from me, PLEB

I was answering to the “new music is better” part.

go listen to your dad’s Queen CDs m8, no one wants this forum to be polluted with your plebiness