Forums Off-topic

December 21, 2012 page 2

54 posts

Flag Post

this world sucks. i don’t know where i read this, but some of the predictions for 2012 (apparently there are more than just the Maya) suggest it won’t really be the end of all life, but an essential change in how we live. like a different form of life or something. that’s what i hope.

but even if it’s just a metereological destruction of Earth or something, that would satisfy me. i am absolutely not suicidal nor homicidal, but it would satisfy me. everything gone.

but anyway, mostly i hope that aliens or gods or whatever come down on us and change us. something like that. …i just don’t want to live in this world. i never did. i want to exist intellectually, but i don’t want physical existence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DmageGore:

I think you already know about the Mayan calender and the end of the world and all of that doomsday theory and stuff like that. Well, since it’s a couple of weeks later, state your opinion about 12/21/12. This page is basically to get a little discussion started about the doomsday theory. State your honest opinion.

I don’t believe the world will end I hope it doesn’t. I still didn’t go to France.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

this world sucks. i don’t know where i read this, but some of the predictions for 2012 (apparently there are more than just the Maya) suggest it won’t really be the end of the world, but an essential change in how we live. like a different form of life or something. that’s what i hope.

but even if it’s just a metereological destruction of Earth or something, that would satisfy me. i am absolutely not suicidal nor homicidal, but it would satisfy me. everything gone.

but anyway, mostly i hope that aliens or gods or whatever come down on us and change us. something like that. …i just don’t want to live in this world. i never did.

Very emo, also extremely vague.

You hope for something that changes the way we live for some reason, though you don’t mention what is currently so bad about the way you are living. You hope some mythical being is going to come and change your life for you?

If your unhappy with the way you are living your life then you are the only one that will change it, not some mythical being sent to save you by Mayans or whatever it is your hoping for

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

If your unhappy with the way you are living your life then you are the only one that will change it, not some mythical being sent to save you by Mayans or whatever it is your hoping for

Yup. Wishing for widespread suffering of others just because your life is going nowhere, is not exactly a positive state of mind to be in.

Flag Post

yeah but it’s not the way i live. it’s the world i live in. it’s . . .

i don’t really know. i’ve spent so much of my life being bitter and angry and hateful, at teachers, parents, and therapists too, i hated all adults, i hated them. teachers were just slave-drivers, you had to do work or get in trouble and called a bad person or disabled if you refused, but they never gave a reason for needing to do it, so it’s forced labour, justify it any way you want, it’s forced labour and i hated it. day in day out, for ten years, mindless, numbing schoolwork, i’m sorry but it was absolute torture, it just was. but it always gets put on me, that i’m weird for calling it forced labour, prison and torture, but i’m sorry, that’s what it was.

and i’m not gonna go in to why i hate my parents, just accept i have good reasons to. so anyway, whenever i see a person that’s an adult, somewhere i feel “enemy”, and i think i always will.

May I ask how old you are? As the “29” in your profile is clearly a lie.

What exactly is so terrible about your life and why do you hate your parents so much?
You keep saying how bad the world you live in is, yet you don’t actually say why apart from “because I have to do homework”

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

yeah but it’s not the way i live. it’s the world i live in. it’s . . .

i don’t really know. i’ve spent so much of my life being bitter and angry and hateful, at teachers, parents, and therapists too, i hated all adults, i hated them. teachers were just slave-drivers, you had to do work or get in trouble and called a bad person or disabled if you refused, but they never gave a reason for needing to do it, so it’s forced labour, justify it any way you want, it’s forced labour and i hated it. day in day out, for ten years, mindless, numbing schoolwork, i’m sorry but it was absolute torture, it just was. but it always gets put on me, that i’m weird for calling it forced labour, prison and torture, but i’m sorry, that’s what it was.

and i’m not gonna go in to why i hate my parents, just accept i have good reasons to. so anyway, whenever i see a person that’s an adult, somewhere i feel “enemy”, and i think i always will.

May I ask how old you are? As the “29” in your profile is clearly a lie.

What exactly is so terrible about your life and why do you hate your parents so much?
You keep saying how bad the world you live in is, yet you don’t actually say why apart from “because I have to do homework”

Omega is an anarchist. Probably that will clarify things.

Flag Post

nevermind. i already regret putting it up there. why do you need to know why i hate my parents? come on now. i already gave you my deepest secret, goddamnit.

please, let it go.

Flag Post

nevermind. i already regret putting it up there. why do you need to know why i hate my parents? come on now. i already gave you my deepest secret, goddamnit.

please, let it go.

Mainly because you sound like a 14 year old who hates the world because he has to do homework and hates his parents because they try and make him do it and so hopes the world ends for 7 billion people just because they had a bit of maths homework.

Flag Post

fuck you.

Flag Post

EDIT:^ Yeah.

fuck you.

Just keep digging that grave.

Flag Post

dd790

To pass school it takes more than “math homework” as you put. You are GREATLY mistaken. School is not just “math home work” School is growing up to become a successful citizen in the democratic society. That is pretty hard to do.

Flag Post

i just don’t want to live in this world. i never did. i want to exist intellectually, but i don’t want physical existence.

Building on what I said earlier, I can understand this point of view. However, what I cannot understand is you’re never willing to fight for it. You just sit back and wait for it to be handed to you on a silver platter. I’m half convinced you are just lazy, Omega. Boiling with hatred and too bone idle to do anything to fix the problems you are faced with.

Others who have goals fight for them. Strive to learn to be able to overcome the obstacles and see how to figure out how things work and change them. To campaign for change, or to push back the boundaries of knowledge to create the tools to make their dreams come true.

You just sit on your couch and whine. Even in the YouTube thread, you stated that drumming up a petition to present to the people in charge either at Google or in your local government was ‘too much like work’.

If you are unwilling to work, how do you expect change in your favor, to happen?

Flag Post

look, thanks for making me think about this, that was good, and it was my bad for putting it up there, but honestly, let it go. do you have any idea how close to the skin you are?

Flag Post

look, thanks for making me think about this, that was good, and it was my bad for putting it up there, but honestly, let it go. do you have any idea how close to the skin you are?

Kinda strange that you didn’t prepare yourself for the backlash of your emo outpour.

Flag Post

i hadn’t planned that. but yes, that was kinda stupid.

Flag Post

i hadn’t planned that. but yes, that was kinda stupid.

LOL…don’t go feeling any too UNIQUE there.
I’d venture to say that ALL OF US used that “tried-N-true” method of learning in our “early years”.
AND, damned if we don’t all too often find ourselves STILL USING IT….at least in minor degrees (and, if we aren’t being as cautious as needed for the instance….in some MAJOR ones, too.)

While ya said to drop it, my one interest is that ya said your difficulties were w/ “all adults”. How is your capacity for meaningful relationships w/ ppl your own age going for ya? It isn’t particularlly odd (unusual…yes) that a person can find themselves a “round-peg-N-a-square-hole”….esp. early on in their life—until they are able to search around (have adult freedoms to do so) a lot to find the niche that best suits them.

I was a lot like that—sans the greivious “black angst”—for quite awhile. I VENTURED into a lot of areas looking for that resonance that could produce the harmony in life I (arrogantly?) felt I (deserved?) needed in order to be “at one” w/ life. The hardest thing for a “glass-half-full” person like me to adjust to was the duality of life….the negative side.
I deeply believed that all problems could be “solved//resolved”….if just enough POSIVTIVE effort were applied.

Interestingly enough, after many “classes in the School of Hard Knocks”….my “education” yeilded many fine “truths”. One of them is the whack-a-mole observation that there will always be problems popping up…esp. for ppl who have deep compassion for the “human condition”. So, learning to “pick your battles” is essential to having a sense of accomplishment.

So is learning the concept of diminishing returns for the battles ya do pick. Upon continual assessment of your efforts, ya often have to simply GIVE UP,,,put that endeavor aside. Ya gotta know when-to-hold-them-&-when-to-fold-them. Maybe life hasn’t yet dealt ya much of a winning hand? Keep playing….BUT, play “smart”. Don’t take setbacks all that “personal”. Accept responsibililty for that part ya played….but, realize there are other “players” in the game and a lot of them are out to play, not only for themselves, YOU, also. Learn from it…superficial knowledge is easy. “Deep” knowlege takes digging and that usually means a lot of time & some effort.

BUT,, just like a good job that can take a long while to find…. if ya LOVE it,, ya’ll never WORK a day at it. Same goes for your life, find harmony w/ it and ya’ll find joy in every day of it. I’m not saying there won’t be the darkness of sorrow will. That is the duality of life I mentioned above….the Yin-Yang of it all. Ya can’t have up w/o down, happy w/o sad. Learning this and the concept of: It’s not what happens to you that is important, it’s what you do about it that tells the tale of your life …..and the travails of life will find satisfying merit.

My own personal “quide”:
Don’t settle for less than possilbe,,,
but, don’t struggle for more than is reasonable.
Take care of self first,
but don’t be selfish.
See life as a grand adventure that is over all too soon.
Sooooo much in it to do and so little time to do it.
AND, don’t be too hard on yourself,,,
there’s always others quite willing to do that.
Their judgement has ONLY the merit YOU assign it.
If it does, listen to it…..it is you talking to yourself.

Flag Post

Flag Post

It’s 21 December here in NZ. No catastrophe occurred. Hopefully this thread can go die now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

It’s 21 December here in NZ. No catastrophe occurred. Hopefully this thread can go die now.

Yeah well that’s just because it hasn’t happened in America yet, which oviously is the place that God/the Mayans wanted the default timezone to be at.

Flag Post

The sad news is that we’ll be hearing about this until right until the end of 21 December in Pacific Time. In times like these, I truly hate the internet.

Flag Post

Welcome to hell everybody. Hope we’re all enjoying it :)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator