Gangman Style has become the first ever video to hit 1 billion views! page 3

64 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:
Originally posted by necrobestiality:
Originally posted by Aldir:

If the song was sung in English, it would be awful.

It is however sung in Korean.

I’m not saying the song is anything special. It is just another good K-pop song.

But…how does that change the quality of the lyrics?

I have already said that the translated lyrics sung in English would not sound that good.

It doesn’t matter though, because it only matters how the song sounds in it’s native language.

They’re talking about the quality of the lyrics
not how it sounds

Sound is all that matters with music, so I ignored that point.

So…lyrics that repeat over and over again with no real meaning or reason is good? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Flag Post

i think most of the opinions here on kong about Gangnam style are very biased, most likely because i is soo popular
especially in the world of memes

the first time i watched it vie the youtube thread i was at most entertained by it
i knew my sister loved stuff like this so i showed the video to my sister
and she showed it to my mom.
this is prob how it got soo popular

alot of you also seem to act as if how popular something is defines how great it is
but popularity and greatness are obviously completely different

the video was entertaining so a poster on OT decided it was worth sharing it with OT
i thought it was entertaining so i decided it was worth sharing with my family
and its popularity grew from there.
it had nothing to do with how great it was, it was just entertaining
nothing more to me than entertaining

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

I’m not saying the song is anything special. It is just another good K-pop song.

I have already said that the translated lyrics sung in English would not sound that good.

It doesn’t matter though, because it only matters how the song sounds in it’s native language.

not how it sounds

So…lyrics that repeat over and over again with no real meaning or reason is good? HAHAHAHAHAHA

That can be one of the contributing factors to why a song does not sound that good.

As an American listening to a Korean song, it is pleasant to my ears. I obviously can’t speak for how it sounds to someone who is fluent in Korean.

Flag Post

not how it sounds

please
reread
and rethink what you are saying

Flag Post

not how it sounds

That can be one of the contributing factors to why a song does not sound that good.

As an American listening to a Korean song, it is pleasant to my ears. I obviously can’t speak for how it sounds to someone who is fluent in Korean.

Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:

i think most of the opinions here on kong about Gangnam style are very biased, most likely because i is soo popular
especially in the world of memes

the first time i watched it vie the youtube thread i was at most entertained by it
i knew my sister loved stuff like this so i showed the video to my sister
and she showed it to my mom.
this is prob how it got soo popular

alot of you also seem to act as if how popular something is defines how great it is
but popularity and greatness are obviously completely different

the video was entertaining so a poster on OT decided it was worth sharing it with OT
i thought it was entertaining so i decided it was worth sharing with my family
and its popularity grew from there.

I’m very anti-popular. I usually hate popular things. I made an exception for this.

I agree with you that many people to judge it based on it’s popularity. I am not. I like it because it’s good, not because it’s popular.

Flag Post

ITT: Aldir maintains his status as idiot

Flag Post

SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE LYRICS
LIKE BOBBY
THEY JUST CARE IF IT SOUNDS GOOD

Originally posted by BobTehLoner:

It’s a very good song.

Your argument is invalid.

Are you one of those people who only likes songs where you can understand the lyrics?

About half of music I listen to is in other languages, and I fucking hate Gangnam Style

the only difference between songs in different languages is that they are in different languages
destroy the language barrier and its back to different people like different music.

Flag Post

The question wasn’t whether or not he liked the lyrics, it was whether or not the lyrics are good. Why are you dancing around it?

Flag Post

The question wasn’t whether or not he liked the lyrics, it was whether or not the lyrics are good.

what do you mean by quality of the lyrics?

how well it was sung?
what it was singing about?
how complex or bold it is?

Flag Post

Complexity, yes. Lyrics that show a considerable amount of effort was put into creating them. Lyrics are a deal breaker for me, even when it’s death or black metal where you can’t understand half of what they’re saying, if I read the lyrics and they’re retarded as hell I stop listening to the song altogether. Lyrics are a form of poetry and if it’s shitty poetry, the entire song is shit.

Flag Post

Please stare at this for several minutes !http://www.Abbey Road.jpg.com/img.jpg!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoodooCoffeeGuy:

Please stare at this for several minutes

Uhhm, I think you failed.

I like Gangnam Style, it has a catchy tune, but… it’s a bit overrated.

Flag Post

wrong.

Flag Post

1 billion views has been reached! Psy has made internet history and has reached a new level of internet fame!