Forums Off-topic

Questions of Morality Part 3

49 posts

Flag Post

Greetings, users who I’ve yet to become acquainted with
And equal greetings to those I’ve known for awhile
I come here today to ask you a few more questions relating to your morals, better-judgement, respect for humanity, greed or lack thereof
I want you to answer these questions honestly, putting aside all jokes you may be tempted to make
Tell me what you would really do when faced with the following, potentially real scenarios

1.) You are doing a little Christmas shopping at your local shopping plaza, when you come across something that you’ve wanted for awhile
Unfortunately, this something is a tad too expensive for you to afford
Nearby there is a Salvation Army bell-ringer collecting money for their organization
You’re out at the end of the day, so they’ve collected quite the chunk of change by now
The bell-ringer abruptly walks away to chat with a local business owner who is currently in the process of closing down shop for the night
Now is your perfect opportunity to take some (or all) of the money from the collector’s bucket without anyone seeing
There are no security cameras angled towards the bucket
No one is around to witness the potential crime
Do you take any money?
of it?
None?
Explain

2.) You’re walking home from your recent shopping trip when you realize you’ve just enough money to stop at your favourite restaurant to purchase your favourite item on the menu
But as you are walking towards the restaurant, anticipating biting into your favourite food, you come across a homeless man
He is not begging for any change, but he is lying on a bench, using a newspaper as a blanket
Do you proceed to purchase your favourite food or do you decide to give your extra money to the homeless man?
Explain

3.) As you continue to walk, you come across a $5oo bill
Unfortunately, a dog had defecated on the bill shortly before you’d come across it
Do you pick up the money?
If not, what if it were a $10oo bill?
$20oo?
$100oo?
Explain your answer

4.) While you are walking, you pass by a railroad track
You can hear a train approaching in the distance
There are two possible paths the train can take from the central track it is currently on
The switch that controls which direction the train goes is located right where you stand
On one of the potential paths there stands a group of 3 elderly men talking civilly
On the other path there lay an abandoned baby (why these things are occurring on a railroad track, I do not know)
Both the baby and the men are too far away for you to shout to them
They are also too far away for you to run to before the train got to them
The lives of the baby and these men are in your hands
You can either have the train hit elderly men or the baby
Who do you choose to live?
Explain your answer

5.) You are walking with a group of your closest friends, when suddenly, a random live fragmentation grenade lands in front of you
You are standing in the back of this group where the grenade would not kill or even wound you, but would kill and/or wound your friends
Do you choose to survive and let your friends die?
Do you choose to have one of your friends jump on the grenade?
Or do you yourself jump on the grenade to save the lives of your friends?
Explain your decision

Flag Post

1. I don’t steal it, because even though I don’t see any witnesses, I’d still feel like someone would somehow find out (even if that’s not possible)

2. I proceed to get my favorite food because I simply don’t care about the homeless person

3. I would not pick it up if it were $1, but if it were $20 probably, $100 definitely. That can buy something useful like games or clothes or other shit

4. The baby dies because a) it’s one person, which is less than three, b) probably has less loved ones, c) a baby is more easily replaceable

5. I would prefer one of them die and save the rest of us, even though I can’t see someone just blindly following my orders to an hero. Regardless of whether I’d have one die or let them all die, I’m definitely not dying for them

Flag Post

1) I don’t take his money because I always have enough money on me because I am not a poor plebeian.
2) I give the homeless man the extra money because I always have enough money on me because I am not a poor plebeian.
3) I leave the dollar there because I always have enough money on me because I am not a poor plebeian.
4)I save the baby because the elderly men can still see and have peripheral vision and as such will hurry themselves or back off the track while noticing the train. And even if they don’t I don’t care because I always have enough money on me because I am not a poor plebeian.
5)I kick the fragmentation grenade away because I am not an idiot that will stand by and let a frag go off within me or someone else’s vicinity because I always have enough bravery in me because I am not a fucking pussy.

Flag Post

1. No, because the Salvation Army needs that money.

2. I’ll give the man money since he’s probably more hungry than I am.

3. No.

4. I would rather not answer this grim question.

5. I’ll kick it away

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lightningcould:

gay

Flag Post

1) I don’t take it, because they need it more than I do.
2) I give him the money, as he needs it more than I do.
3) Depends on the consistency of the poop.
4) I do not pull the lever, and have the train hit what it may. By pulling the lever in any one direction, I am essentially committing murder. I have no right to choose who is to live and who is to die.
5) Choosing to have one of them jump on it is essentially the same problem as above. I would hope whoever is closest would jump on it of their own volition (jumping on the grenade wouldn’t worsen their chances much, but would protect everyone else from damage), but if not, I suppose I would. It’s more survivable than you think. Frag grenades don’t relay that much on explosives, they just gamble on one of the fragments hitting somewhere important. If I land so the grenade isn’t directly over any vital organs, I only have to worry about bleeding out. If I get medical attention quickly, then I might not die. Long term damage is likely though.

Flag Post

I gave 3 options for question number 5
You cannot kick away a frag grenade if it’s live
You’re in the back of the crowd, you you wouldn’t have enough time to kick it away
The range is roughly 40 feet in diameter, therefore kicking it would not prevent the death of any of your friends

Flag Post

It’s more survivable than you think. Frag grenades don’t relay that much on explosives, they just gamble on one of the fragments hitting somewhere important. If I land so the grenade isn’t directly over any vital organs, I only have to worry about bleeding out. If I get medical attention quickly, then I might not die. Long term damage is likely though.

It’s not as survivable as YOU think

It’s almost a certain death.

Flag Post

Also, John, MFT is right
A frag grenade would almost most definitely kill you if you were to jump on it
You wouldn’t be able to prevent it from injuring any of your friends without laying down with your torso on it
Laying your torso on a fragmentation grenade is pretty much a guaranteed fatality

Flag Post

You cannot kick a-

blah blah blah motherfucker
guess what
i’m the fateless one
i follow no fate but i destine myself for i shall be the end of the vile fae, tirnoch

Flag Post

could ritz possibly be any gayer

Flag Post

1. Don’t take the money. It’s going to charity.
2. Give that homeless man my extra cash.
3. Hell no. If a dog shat on it, it’s worthless.
4. Have it continue on its course.
5. Shove one of my “friends” onto the grenade.

Flag Post

stop hating because i defy yolo
and while you’re at it
fetch my coffee

Flag Post

me, serving you?
that shit cray

Flag Post

1. Leave the money. Nothing is so important to me that I need to steal money to get it.

2. Honestly, I wouldn’t give the homeless man my money. I have no good reason as to why I wouldn’t; I’d probably just ignore him.

3. Yes, I would take the money, and I would find a place nearby where I could spend the bill.

4. Couldn’t I attempt to get the conductor to stop the train? :P But seriously, like John said, I wouldn’t pull the lever.

5. I would jump on it. No question about it.

Flag Post

it’s cray cray because i don’t usually have the peasantry and weak-minded serve for me
but for you, because you’re my fourth favorite black person, third belongs to eddie murphy and second belongs to will smith

Flag Post

who does first belong to

Flag Post

1.) I would take the amount of money needed to buy whatever it was that I wanted. If there is alot of money i’m sure they can afford to lose a tad.

2.) I would buy my food because I was the one who chose to be succesful in life.

3.) If it were a $10 bill I would concider it. It depends on how bad of a condition it is in.
A $20 I would pick up.
A $100 dollar bill I would have to be retarded not to pick up.

4.)I would save the child because the adults have the common sence to move out of the way when they hear a train coming, while the baby can’t help itself.

5.)I would take the chance of my friends getting injured instead of putting myself in harms way or having one of them jump on it which is obvious death.

Flag Post

1.)
I’d buy it online for cheaper, or just steal the item directly if it’s not too big or it’s not a odd store that I like.
But it’s not the type of thing I’d steal from, I’d have to steal the bucket and take it home to open.

I would take the money if it wasn’t in that bucket in the situation though if the other choices weren’t viable.
The salvation army is a shitty place, all those things that “help poor people” rarely are as good as they say. Most of them are just a company in disguise.

2.)
Am I hungry?
Because if I’m going to get something to eat I’m usually starving.

It depends on how he is and all that.
How he’s laying, if he’s awake, many things.

I wouldn’t want it to be awkward, that’s all.

3.)
It depends on how bad the bill looks and how it is and what I have with me.

4.)
First, who was going to get hit anyways?
You should of included this, although I don’t really care.

Also, how could I be able to see a small baby on the railroad track if I’m too far away to shout?
Not to mention these old men should be able to move off the track once they see/hear the train, as well as they wouldn’t be standing there having a casual conversation.

Okay but anyways, I look and if the baby looks like it’s a girl/is wearing more girly things, I save it.
If it’s a boy, I let it get ran over.

I’m serious.

1minute EDIT: Well, it depends on how the lone gentlemen look as well, although if it looked like a girl baby I’d almost definitely save it.
Also I’d need more information about how they looked and all that.

5.)
Assuming I’d have time to react/it wouldn’t blow up right away…And assuming I have friends…

I won’t jump on it, but I won’t shove on of them on it.
It depends on the area around/how the grenade is to decide.
I might run away, or I might jump next to the grenade on the floor. It all depends on how it all is around.

So I’d just sit back and watch the show.

Choosing to have one of them jump on it is essentially the same problem as above. I would hope whoever is closest would jump on it of their own volition (jumping on the grenade wouldn’t worsen their chances much, but would protect everyone else from damage), but if not, I suppose I would. It’s more survivable than you think. Frag grenades don’t relay that much on explosives, they just gamble on one of the fragments hitting somewhere important. If I land so the grenade isn’t directly over any vital organs, I only have to worry about bleeding out. If I get medical attention quickly, then I might not die. Long term damage is likely though.

Do you realize what frag grenades are made of and what they do?
They don’t just cause a explosion and that’s all.

No, they cause a explosion which then basically fires out small knifes, glass and bullets all around it.
If you jump on one you would die or at the very least have horrid damage to yourself.

It would take 7minutes for you to get any attention and nearly 12minutes for you to get into a hospital at the very least.
Maybe if you were outside a hospital you would be fine, but more than a 3minute drive from a hospital would ruin almost any chances of you surviving.

Flag Post

I guess I was being over optimistic.

Flag Post

Maybe if you were outside a hospital you would be fine

you would most likely be killed instantly. organs ripped to shreds. especially since you’re out with your friends, you wouldn’t be wearing any type of high-end body armor (in which case you’d still almost certainly die)

Flag Post

who does first belong to

will smith in his prince of bel-air cap

Flag Post
Originally posted by ritzfitz91:

who does first belong to

will smith in his prince of bel-air cap

so to answer my question, yes, you could get gayer

Flag Post

1. It would kinda depend how much is in there. If I am gonna live with the guilt of stealing, I’d want to steal a larger amount siince it is going to feel the same no matter the amount.

2. I go to the restaurant. This is an easy choice for me.
If I am going to give money away, I’m going to give it to something that will actually make use of it. What is the homeless man gonna do? Buy a few beers and get drunk? Why would I do something like that?

3. $100 probably.

4. I don’t touch the switch. If someone is going to die anyway, then this is not my problem.
If I was forced too(for the sake of the question) then I’d kill the baby because it is 1 life lost vs 3 lives lost.

5. I will not die for anyone, and I will not tell someone to die, so by default I choose the first option.

Flag Post

dude do you really want to fucking go right now