Forums Off-topic

Questions of Morality Part 3 page 2

49 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by MFThomas_v2:

Maybe if you were outside a hospital you would be fine

you would most likely be killed instantly. organs ripped to shreds. especially since you’re out with your friends, you wouldn’t be wearing any type of high-end body armor (in which case you’d still almost certainly die)

I said “fine”.
He’d still be mutilated and unable to walk as well as look horrifying, but he just maybe could be fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Maybe if you were outside a hospital you would be fine

you would most likely be killed instantly. organs ripped to shreds. especially since you’re out with your friends, you wouldn’t be wearing any type of high-end body armor (in which case you’d still almost certainly die)

I said “fine”.
He’d still be mutilated and unable to walk as well as look horrifying, but he might survive.

lol how is being mutilated and disabled “fine”

also that “might” is probably a 2% or less

Flag Post
lol how is being mutilated and completely disabled “fine”

also that “might” is probably a 2% or less

Pshhhh he’d be fiiine.

Flag Post

If I had my backpack with me, I could use that to absorb some of the blast.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

If I had my backpack with me, I could use that to absorb some of the blast.

Congratulations, you’re only a double amputee now!

Flag Post

1.) I don’t take any money.
2.) I think I’d just carry on and go get my meal.
3.) I honestly fail to see what this has to do with morality- seems more like a test of how gross you consider the scenario to be. Anyways, I don’t think I’d bother to pick it up.
4.) I’d probably let the baby live.
5.) I wouldn’t save them.

Flag Post

I honestly fail to see what this has to do with morality

It’s a test to see how much it would take for you you put morals aside in regards to doing something disgusting in public

Flag Post

1. I wouldn’t steal money. If it doesn’t belong to me, then it isn’t right for me to take it. They earned it for their charity, and I’m not going to go off and ruin that.

2. Neither. Eating at restaurants is a great way to become just like that homeless guy. I wouldn’t give my money to the bum, because it is my money and I value it, and this is especially so when he isn’t even asking me for it. If he really needs help, he could probably go out and get help.

3. Depends on how badly it has been defecated upon. In most cases, no, because I don’t want to be carrying around dog feces.

4. I would just let it happen. Messing with the train controls when I am not supposed to is illegal and could possibly get me charged for murder.

5. This makes no sense. If I can get to the grenade in time, my friends can probably run away from it in time or throw it away. I also don’t have any friends, but I guess I can assume in this scenario that this is a magical grenade and I have friends. I would run away. I would not feel morally bound to sacrifice my life for some friends, especially in a case like this where I am not even positive (from my viewpoint in the scenario) that I will be able to save them. You would have to be mad if you see a grenade and the first thing you think to do is jump on top of it to protect others.

Flag Post

1. No. I might steal from people who have a lot of money that they don’t need, but even then I might give it back. But I would not steal from regular people. Unless I hate them maybe.

2. I’d write him a check if I had some on me…but since I don’t usually carry any checks…well, I don’t usually pay much attention to homeless people so I’m not really sure how I’d proceed. But if I have “just enough” money I probably wouldn’t spend it on the food thing and I might give some to the dude.

3. Maybe, maybe, yes, yes. Depends on how shitty and damaged it is.

4. I don’t think I’d wanna decide who lives and who dies but I’d prefer to direct it to the 3 old guys because they might realize they should move and if they don’t, they probably don’t have much life in them. Besides, they’re probably gonna die soon anyway.

5. Wait…the grenade lands in front of me but it wouldn’t hurt me there because I’m at the back of the group? How does this happen? I can’t really answer this question because >implying I have friends; besides, what the hell would the others be doing? Masturbating to the sight of an approaching grenade? I don’t know, it’s situational. We’d probably get the hell out of there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

5. Wait…the grenade lands in front of me but it wouldn’t hurt me there because I’m at the back of the group? How does this happen?

They’re body shields.

You know how bullets have to pass through body armor to hit you if there’s body armor in between you both?
The same thing happens.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

5. Wait…the grenade lands in front of me but it wouldn’t hurt me there because I’m at the back of the group? How does this happen?

They’re body shields.

You know how bullets have to pass through body armor to hit you if there’s body armor in between you both?
The same thing happens.

That’s not what I meant. If the grenade lands in front of me, how can the others act as body shields?

Flag Post

You is referring to the group, considering the term ‘group’ is a collective term and you happen to be part of it
You just so happen to be in the back of the group
But the grenade lands in front of the group

Flag Post

1) Steal the money. If there will be no repercussions, why shouldn’t I get my Christmas gift?

2) Food is a temptation. I buy nothing and keep the money for later.

3) Pick it up and give it to a homeless man. Make sure to give the part with poop in it face down so it touches his hand.

4) Turn the train towards the elderly men. It’s three of them, and they will be conscious of the doom that’s approaching them.

5) Human shield. At the end of the day, my life revolves around my survival. I must do whatever it takes to ensure my continued existence in emergency situations.

Flag Post

Food is a temptation.

don’t go there man
don’t do it

Flag Post
Originally posted by ritzfitz91:

Food is a temptation.

don’t go there man
don’t do it

wat
why not?

Flag Post

because i will have to shove mcdonalds super-sizes down your throat

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcadianFire:

You is referring to the group, considering the term ‘group’ is a collective term and you happen to be part of it
You just so happen to be in the back of the group
But the grenade lands in front of the group

Oh. Then I’d expect the people in front to run away…

Flag Post

It does not matter what you’d expect or what you’d think people would do
Nor does it matter what you would usually have in your possession
These are hypothetical situations
They’re meant for you to insert yourselves into them
Use your imagination, people

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcadianFire:

It does not matter what you’d expect or what you’d think people would do
Nor does it matter what you would usually have in your possession
These are hypothetical situations
They’re meant for you to insert yourselves into them
Use your imagination, people

You have extremely unrealistic expectations for OT.

Flag Post

1.) I would take nothing from the bucket. Other people need that money more than I do.
2.) Out of my heart, I would give a little money to the homeless man.
3.) I would not pick up the $5 bill. If it was 10 and up, yes. Because money is good. (Cheap answer)
4.) I would have to direct the train towards the Elderly men. A baby is a new life just beginning, these men won’t be around much longer.
5.) I would survive, but I wouldn’t want my friends to die. I would yell and pull them back. Better wounded then killed.

Flag Post

1. I don’t take it, I have respect for the Salvation Army and other charities like it. I’m struggling to picture something I’d want to much that I’d steal from a charity.

2. I give the homeless man some of the money, I dislike eating out as it’s nearly always overpriced.

3. I’m unsure as to how this relates to morality. I can easily clean the money later. I’d take it provided I had a plastic bag with me.

4. Save the baby, longer life etc etc and all that bull. But in all honesty, I’m unsure as to how this situation has happened, there’d be a long line of enquiries into why the driver is doing bugger all. Interesting spin on the psychopath test question too.

5. I don’t have friends. Why am I outside? Where did this grenade come from? I choose to ignore this question.

Flag Post

1. I wouldn’t take anything. If I stole something from a charity, what would stop me from stealing bigger things?

Also, they’re a charity, they’d need it more than me.

2. I’d most likely just ignore the man. I’d continue on to the restaurant. I very rarely donate to charities, why would this guy be an exception. I only donate to charities that I believe are worth it, otherwise I’d be giving money to every single one of them.

3. From $10 and up, I’d most likely take it. Then it would come down to how bad of a state it is in.

4. I wouldn’t touch the switch. While it would be saving one of them, it would also be killing the other. I don’t know if I could live with that. I’d just let fate choose.

5. This is a tough one. It would most likely come down to who I was with. My family; yes. My girlfriend; yes. Some of my closest friends; yes. Others; no, but I would not push one of them into it. I’d probably shout a warning out though.

Flag Post

1) Steal the item.

Flag Post

1. I don’t take it because it is stealing
2. Yeah I’ll give him a dollar or two if it dosen’t appear that he’s on really crazy drugs.
3. I’d pick it up, put it in a napkin or something, and toss it in the wash when i get home. Moneyyyyy.
4. I sent it towards the elderly men because they have had time to live a little while the baby was just born.
5. This is something I cannot answer until it happens. Some parts of your human nature are hidden until the right circumstances present themselves to you. Even then you may lie to yourself and others to cover up a fault.