Forums Off-topic

Do this math

33 posts

Flag Post

Find the eighth term of (3a-5b)11
First person to answer correctly gets an internet cookie.

Flag Post

ONE BIRRRRRION!

Flag Post

Let me google it.

Flag Post

i don’t remember how to do that

Flag Post

Okay what I came out with is some crazy clusterfuck.

Flag Post

Just an elegant ruse to trick us into doing his homework for him

maybe

Flag Post

I finished my homework. This is one of the questions in it. I’m now doing geometry homework.

Flag Post

lets give him fake answers try 54r3

Flag Post

lol geometry

Flag Post

You know that triangle? The answer to that question is : The sum of the angles in that triangle is 679o

Flag Post

I give you guys 3 days to figure this out. If you can’t, then I will call you all idiots.
Aldir was the closest to the answer. Also, this is algebra.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoodooCoffeeGuy:

You know that triangle? The answer to that question is : The sum of the angles in that triangle is 679o

Could actually be possible (I will have to consult my references to verify) in spherical geometry (yes, there exist forms of non-euclidean geometry – triangles don’t have to add up to 180 degrees, straight lines are called geodesics and any given line may have more than 1 parallel line through any given point outside it). In spherical geometry, angles are outwardly bloated, so an angle of euclidean space as projected into the manifold of non-euclidean space would have distinctly different properties akin to that between footage of a video recording and cartoon animation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cllazyman:

Find the eighth term of (3a-5b)11
First person to answer correctly gets an internet cookie.

Cookie please.

Flag Post

meths is herd

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

Could actually be possible (I will have to consult my references to verify) in spherical geometry (yes, there exist forms of non-euclidean geometry – triangles don’t have to add up to 180 degrees, straight lines are called geodesics and any given line may have more than 1 parallel line through any given point outside it). In spherical geometry, angles are outwardly bloated, so an angle of euclidean space as projected into the manifold of non-euclidean space would have distinctly different properties akin to that between footage of a video recording and cartoon animation.

You actually don’t know what the hell you’re doing, just making a pointless wall of text (like usual)

Flag Post

I give you guys 3 days to figure this out. If you can’t, then I will call you all idiots.

Aldir was the furthest actually since the answer is negative 2 billion and Aldir said 1 billion. He was 3 billion off. Lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dante_Dreiman:

Aldir was the furthest actually since the answer is negative 2 billion and Aldir said 1 billion. He was 3 billion off. Lol

birrrrion*

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

birrrrion*

/facepalm
Aldir was the furthest actually since the answer is negative 2 birrrrion and Aldir said 1 birrrrion. He was 3 birrrrion off. Lol

There, better?

Flag Post

one birrion dorra

Flag Post

How about i give you 4 days to solve this without using a calculator?

Flag Post

That’s a simple Newton’s Approximation.

Flag Post

But he actually said a number.
Here is your small cookie.

I’ll solve it once you solve this:
√-25/0
No words allowed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTehLoner:
Originally posted by simeng:

You actually don’t know what the hell you’re doing, just making a pointless wall of text (like usual)

I do understand what I am talking about. However, you obviously don’t, since you are expressively denying the validity of truth and thereby holding it in contempt. Do not condemn me for good service; whereas I am in honorable comprehension, you renege on the most basic of preliminary assumptions.

EDIT: perhaps I wasn’t being clear enough, given your status. i’ll cut to the chase, GTFO. you have really begun irritating me with your ad hominem arguments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LukeMann:

That’s a simple Newton’s Approximation.

No, not an approximation, i want the exact solution. And the exact solution is a five digit natural number, i think i said enough.

I’ll solve it once you solve this:
√-25/0
No words allowed.

Lol, you can’t divide by zero. Do you mean the limit of for x going to 0, x real number? That would be plus infinity when x goes to zero with x>0 and minus infinity when x goes to zero with x<0. Of course we still have the square root of -25 which is 5i (or 5j if you are an engineering or physics student) which would make infinity complex. Now, why don’t you sit down and solve my problem which is middle school level maths and not calculus? I am already 2 problems up compared to you.

Edit:
Of course you could also mean the limit as z→0 where z is a complex number of 5i/z. Of course that limit doesn’t exist. doesn’t exist.
5i/z = 5i/(x+yi) = 5y/(x^2+y^2) + 5xi/(x^2+y^2), where (x,y)→ (0,0). Those two functions don’t have a limit as (x,y)→(0,0). Therefore 5i/z doesn’t have one either. Q.E.D.

Flag Post

No, not an approximation, i want the exact solution. And the exact solution is a five digit natural number, i think i said enough.

You can get exact values for rational roots with Newton’s Approximation, though.