Forums Off-topic

Is Kongregate Becoming a Game-Based Facebook?

12 posts

Flag Post

Seriously, we have a log which records several of our recent “acheivements” in games. We are also able to send pms, join chatrooms (even while playing), “friend” people and we have profile pics. This sounds ALOT like… Facebook.

Flag Post

LOL Kongregate is a gaming website and like almost any gaming website it has a forum section, most people are here for the forums but people like me are here for both, but we don’t mix gaming and forums. (Except on gaming forums :P)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

All of the features you’ve listed have pretty much always been a part of Kongregate.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure literally every flash game website has most of these features.

Flag Post

Facebook sounds a lot like Kongregate

Flag Post

I was gonna say yes but then I read the OP.
I still say yes but not because of the things you listed.

Flag Post

Well isn’t newgrounds or armor games the same?

Flag Post

How is this a lot like facebook now?

Flag Post

Every gaming site I even know of has all of these features.

Flag Post

Its fine. Kongregate is turning into facebook.

Liked (7)

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:

Seriously, we have a log which records several of our recent “acheivements” in games. We are also able to send pms, join chatrooms (even while playing), “friend” people and we have profile pics. This sounds ALOT like… Facebook.

The non-gaming related stuff describes every site on the internet.
Being able to friend people and have profile pics?
HOLY CRAP KONGREGATE IS STEALING FORM MYSPACE!

</sarcasm>

The achievements system was stated long ago to be similar to the Xbox’s achievement system, which has existed long before Facebook. Sending private messages is a standard on any website you can make an account on. Joining chatrooms is common as well.

I don’t really understand the point you are trying to prove.