Forums Off-topic

Android is Jumping the gun waaay too much

11 posts

Flag Post

4 or 5 different consoles in 6 months. OUYA, NVIDIA Project Shield, esFere, Play MG, Gamestick, and all of their tablets and phones. This is fucking ridiculous. How many systems does Microsoft have? 2 and adding the 720 3. playstation? 3 plus ps4. These systems are made over the span of like 10 years. Android releasing 6 in 6 months

Discuss

Flag Post

I’m a PC gamer, so idgaf.

Flag Post

Playstation belongs to Sony
Android is actually an Operating System that belongs to Google
OUYA also belongs to Google it just has some Nvidia hardware in it
Project Shield belongs to Nvidia and uses the Android Jelly Bean Operating System

and what the hell is “esFere” or Play MG?

Gamestick is being developed by PlayJam and is being supported by a kickstarter
i dont think its something that Nvidia or Google are responsible for its just something thats using their tech.

Flag Post

Fine, too many things are ran by android then

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:OUYA also belongs to Google it just has some Nvidia hardware in it

OUYA isn’t owned by Google.
Also, in regards to the rest of your post, the OP isn’t complaining about Nvidia, and Google licenses out their OS to people. It’s not like Joe Blow can make an Android phone and sell it.

Anyways, I agree. Android is pretty shitty, so making so many consoles and console-like things for it is retarded. It’s not Google that’s jumping the gun, though. It’s all the Google fanbois who are convinced that Android will be the next big Operating System for some reason. Google is smart by licensing out Android the way they are, although it could come back to haunt them if the markets get flooded by terrible Android devices, discrediting the good ones.

Flag Post

pssssssssh. I got one of their phones, they’re actually kinda fun. Plus, makes the Ipod screen seem so small ._.

Flag Post

OP is so flawed that my head hurts.

Flag Post

…because it’s not cost effective for each different company to design a whole new operating system to run their device?

And the way your putting it is making it sound as if android is the one releasing these products.
That’d be like me saying that the unreal engine releases too many games.

Flag Post

I have to point out that Android is coming out with things very quickly. I got a Samsung Nexus S 4g, about a year ago. I turned my back and then here comes the S3 and the Galaxy Note and devices like that. I think they should focus less on releasing devices and focus more on the performance of their devices. I like Android, but their performance just does not compare to Apple’s and they need to fix that.

Flag Post

You realize that Android devices are created by hundreds of different manufacturers, right? @ OP

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2Fly:

I have to point out that Android is coming out with things very quickly. I got a Samsung Nexus S 4g, about a year ago. I turned my back and then here comes the S3 and the Galaxy Note and devices like that. I think they should focus less on releasing devices and focus more on the performance of their devices. I like Android, but their performance just does not compare to Apple’s and they need to fix that.

LOL, they’re created by different companies you….. I don’t even have a word for people like you..