Forums Off-topic

tl;dr version of all atheist/christian debate threads

55 posts

Flag Post

1: This is what I believe
2: I believe this other thing
1: Lets repeat our beliefs over and over to try and convert the other side even though that will never happen

Discuss

 
Flag Post

I don’t think a “serious discussion” is necessarily bad if both sides are lighthearted about it. Things usually go sour only when a party starts taking the discussion close to heart. As long people lead a dialogue, as opposed to a monologue-disguised-as-a-dialogue in which they forcefully push down beliefs without taking others into consideration, things go fine.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:

I’m against anything OP says

wow look at this ignorant savage who believes what I dont believe

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

I don’t think a “serious discussion” is necessarily bad if both sides are lighthearted about it. Things usually go sour only when a party starts taking the discussion close to heart. As long people lead a dialogue, as opposed to a monologue-disguised-as-a-dialogue in which they forcefully push down beliefs without taking others into consideration, things go fine.

So basically, every SD thread is not a “serious discussion”

Which means you are saying its ok for me to not be serious in them

Which means you are ordering me to troll them :>

 
Flag Post

Well, a forum title does not wholly represent what it is about. In the same way SD can have mindless debates, OT can have focused discussions. Usually, the descriptions serve as a better guide than titles since they clarify that SD is about the news while OT is miscellaneous ;)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:
Originally posted by MadJedi:

I don’t think a “serious discussion” is necessarily bad if both sides are lighthearted about it. Things usually go sour only when a party starts taking the discussion close to heart. As long people lead a dialogue, as opposed to a monologue-disguised-as-a-dialogue in which they forcefully push down beliefs without taking others into consideration, things go fine.

So basically, every SD thread is not a “serious discussion”

Which means you are saying its ok for me to not be serious in them

Which means you are ordering me to troll them :>

Doesn’t really matter. You’re never serious.

 
Flag Post

C/A: I believe/don’t believe in god.
C/A: I disagree.
C: WELL THAT’S CAUSE YOU’RE WRONG!
A: YEAH WELL YOU’RE A STEROSTYPICAL, INTOLERANT CHRISTIAN!
Everyone else: Takes sides

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

C/A: I believe/don’t believe in god.
C/A: I disagree.
C: WELL THAT’S CAUSE YOU’RE WRONG!
A: YEAH WELL YOU’RE A STEROSTYPICAL, INTOLERANT CHRISTIAN!
Everyone else: Takes sides

So true

 
Flag Post

Christian: Attempts to prove/disprove things that conflict with their religion (I.E. God not existing or evolution vs. creationism) via scientific anomalies that aren’t really backed by anything.

Atheist: Disproves the Christian without doing much else.

And then there’s that one person who says “holy crap just believe in whatever you want does it really matter”.
That person would be correct.

 
Flag Post

God is real. Nuff said

 
Flag Post

Christian/Athiesm is like Republican/Democrat. They fight, but Republican or Christian is the truest side.

 
Flag Post

I’m pretty sure the OP of these threads are just trolling.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

I’m pretty sure the OP of these threads are just trolling.

Play Just Trolling on Kongregate

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

God is real. Nuff said

Wrong! God isn’t real!

 
Flag Post

They never get anywhere because the christian can’t offer proof of his claims and relys on a faith and the atheist doesn’t know how the world was created, they bring up BIG bang but it doesn’t explain the first cause which brings it back to an endless circle until somebody throws and insult.

Rinse and repeat.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Immortal7777:

They never get anywhere because the christian can’t offer proof of his claims and relys on a faith and the atheist doesn’t know how the world was created, they bring up BIG bang but it doesn’t explain the first cause which brings it back to an endless circle until somebody throws and insult.

Rinse and repeat.

No sane atheist brings up the Big Bang in such an argument.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

God is real. Nuff said

Wrong! God isn’t real!

God is real

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

God is real. Nuff said

Wrong! God isn’t real!

God is real

Agreed

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

God is real. Nuff said

Wrong! God isn’t real!

God is real

FUCK YOU BITCH GOD ISN’T REAL!!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

God is real. Nuff said

Wrong! God isn’t real!

God is real

FUCK YOU BITCH GOD ISN’T REAL!!

God is real

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

God is real. Nuff said

Wrong! God isn’t real!

God is real

FUCK YOU BITCH GOD ISN’T REAL!!

God is real

No he’s not! I am right and you’re wrong!

 
Flag Post

If god isn’t real then why is? Huh? Why is? Exactly.

 
Flag Post

If the earth is millions of years old then why is the year 2013? It’s thousands not millions.

 
Flag Post

A.D.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Immortal7777:

If the earth is millions of years old then why is the year 2013? It’s thousands not millions.

I don’t need to explain because I am so much smarter than you!
And you are just a fucking retard!!