Forums Off-topic

So I just petitioned Facepunch to set up basic guidelines to atleast stop mod corruption and somewhat clarify actual banishment reasons

21 posts

Flag Post

The Gold Members are already going into the thread, scanning for anti-mod shits and giggles, and down rating the post without reading it.

If you’ve ever wanted to see a dictatorship without going to a country under one, Facepunch is the best place to go.

Also, I’m not posting the thread link because I’m pretty sure only Gold Members can see refugee camp threads.

Discuss shitty moderators and abusive admins around the web
:C

Flag Post

These rules?
I don’t see what’s so bad abo-

Garry doesn’t need to provide a legitimate reason to ban anyone. These are his forums. If you’re a dick to him he will ban you no matter how right or wrong you are.

oh.

Flag Post

this shit really needs to stop

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRoflWaffle:

These rules?
I don’t see what’s so bad abo-

Garry doesn’t need to provide a legitimate reason to ban anyone. These are his forums. If you’re a dick to him he will ban you no matter how right or wrong you are.

oh.

My issue is this gem:

Most rules are common sense and it would therefore be impossible to list all the things you could to to get yourself banned. This page is not acting as a complete list of bannable offenses – it instead aims to clear up some confusion about those rules that may not be obvious.
As a general rule if you wouldn’t do it in real life don’t do it on the forums.

It’s not precise on what is generally wrong and what is right, it allows the admins to pretty much ban anyone for any reason as long as they use the excuse “Hurr, I dunt appruve uf dat.”

Flag Post

nobody cares

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:

nobody cares

I care, so much so that I made a thread.

Flag Post

you should make a tumblr account. they are good for ranting about stuff no one really cares about. you could also just give up on facepunch because maybe its just not for you

Flag Post

It’s not precise on what is generally wrong and what is right, it allows the admins to pretty much ban anyone for any reason as long as they use the excuse “Hurr, I dunt appruve uf dat.”

Perhaps now you know what ambiguous terms are for.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Controversial:

Perhaps now you know what ambiguous terms are for.

The reason I detest ambiguous terms in this scenario is for the fact that the forums are quite large, and thus require better and more effiecient management.
It is fast but not efficient when mods have the utmost ability to go on power trips instead of actually… well, moderating their forums properly!

Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:

you should make a tumblr account. they are good for ranting about stuff no one really cares about. you could also just give up on facepunch because maybe its just not for you

Tumblr can go fuck itself, everyone who uses Tumblr needs to go fuck themselves.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Goobler402:
Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:

Tumblr can go fuck itself, everyone who uses Tumblr needs to go fuck themselves.

stop kinkshaming tumblr

Flag Post
stup kinkishaming tumblr

I’m not quite sure what that even means, I tried researching and only found it to either be unfair critique or an odd sexual fantasy.
Please elaborate on this slang.

Flag Post
stup kinkishaming tumblr

I’m not quite sure what that even means, I tried researching and only found it to either be unfair critique or an odd sexual fantasy.

When trolling tumblr, if you call someone a pervert because they rape horses, they accuse you of “kinkshaming”

because on tumblr, perverts are a protected minority.

Flag Post

from what i have read Facepunch is corruption
being a corrupted asshole is part of being a forum mod in facepunch.

stup kinkishaming tumblr

When trolling tumblr, if you call someone a pervert because they rape horses, they accuse you of “kinkshaming”

So you value the opinions of rapists?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:

stup kinkishaming tumblr

Did you miss the part where I said “when trolling tumbler”?

Because I troll the people who value the opinions of rapists.

lrn2read

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:

stup kinkishaming tumblr

Well I do

Flag Post

what did you get banned for

Flag Post
Originally posted by waffle_god:

what did you get banned for

is that a joke
he just explained that facepunch mods do not need reasons to ban
they can literally ban anything just because they feel like banning something.

Flag Post
Internet petition

Flag Post
The Gold Members are already going into the thread, scanning for anti-mod shits and giggles, and down rating the post without reading it.
this shit really needs to stop

Flag Post

Challenge the admin to a game of chicken. Whoever wins becomes admin.

Flag Post

We used to have crappy mods, until Kong kicked them all out and gave the job to Alex.
(No Skyrim reference intended)