Forums Off-topic

Suppose there is a machine that makes an exact clone of you when you die

10 posts

Flag Post

It is free to put a copy of your DNA and such into the machine, but every time you die the machine takes a modest $10,000 as payment for the corporation that owns the machines. Your clone’s body is exactly the same as your body the instant you put your DNA into the machine. That means that all of the memories and experiences you had AFTER using the machine are not known to you. If you don’t have the money you go into debt and your clone is forced to perform various assassinations for the corporation to get out of debt. Would you use this machine yes or no?

I choose yes because yes.

Flag Post

No way in hell

Flag Post

No, I would not be the one controlling such a creature, and I’m not sure if I would trust it.
Besides, I would destroy anything that tried to do such a thing even if it means killing myself over it. I’ve already found a way to do something of that such (generally), however I don’t know the whole thing because I haven’t been able to discuss it with some good scientists or anything of that such.
Even if it was possible with what I though of, I’d only make it if I could secure it with clones that would kill anyone or anything that tried to take it.

The power of a cloning machine is too strong.

Flag Post

that isnt how cloning works.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:

ok, would you do it if my make believe explanation of how it works was replaced with your way?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sikesalicous:
ok, would you do it if my make believe explanation of how it works was replaced with your way?

To put it simply, they don’t just spontaneously come to life or spontaneously get created.
What is wrong with you people.

It is possible, but it would not be the recommended or viable way to produce such a thing any time in our life time, that’s for sure.

Flag Post

Hell yes.

Flag Post

Cash – $2,200,000 > $2,190,000
I choose Yes.
Strikethroughed because it is anti-christian or not? Maybe I might, if it is christian.

Flag Post

y the fuck would i want that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sikesalicous:
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:

if i made a clone of myself right before i died he would have none of my memories but all of my genes.
He would also need a surrogate to be born and will be born about 9 months after he is cloned and grow up like anyone else.

Basically if i dont use the clone far before i become sick or old than the clone is absolutely worthless to me.